I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

EitB v13 Wishlist/Progress

Looks like Pillar of Chains may be bugged (did we know that already?) with respect to cancelling civic anger.

I know that the latest versions come bundled with BUG, which we don't want, but is there any way to get the most recent MNAI AI improvements integrated in EitB?

Thanks for the reports. It sounds like Longshoreman had the dumping units effect hardcoded.

@Bob: Not easily.

How resistant is the community to a BUG merge, btw? Because I'm reaching the point where I consider it might be worthwhile just for the easier access to ancillary features/fixes developed by Tholal, Terkhen and MagisterCultuum.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Is there some way to make BUG optional?

(February 21st, 2016, 04:29)Qgqqqqq Wrote: How resistant is the community to a BUG merge, btw? Because I'm reaching the point where I consider it might be worthwhile just for the easier access to ancillary features/fixes developed by Tholal, Terkhen and MagisterCultuum.

I don't really know what's involved in BUG. I seem to recall it being banned in Adventures for some reason?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

I stopped playing single player games with MNAI a couple years ago following the aggressive AI "improvements". Having a stack of 20 warriors and scouts move halfway across the map to attack me on turn 50 is not my idea of fun. If I managed to survive the initial rush somehow, the AIs seemed to cripple themselves with unit maintenance. I haven't been keeping up with the developments, so the latest builds may be better than I remember.

A couple people really dislike BUG because you get too much information. The type of purists with that opinion probably wouldn't be interested in FfH anyway.

It was banned in Adventures due to a longstanding site policy of no bean counter mods in tournament games.

Sareln trying to make BUG an option is what made him stop working on the mod, so I have no intention on working futilely on that. That being said, BUG is one of those things you can turn off most of the features of, and when I play MNAI I don't notice many differences.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I don't have any objection to BUG. Afterall, all the stuff it shows (like GP counter etc.) can be seen otherwise as well with more work.

I think what made Sareln stop working was him getting a job and married :P

I'm not a fan of BUG, but if nobody else cares I can live with it.

:P A lot of things, sure. But on the coding side, that was the dead end he was in.

I don't really have a horse in this race, really. But a lot of it to me is that the main reason I shoot down BUG when it's put to me at CFC is the RB consensus that I remember from the previous discussions, rather than any convincing arguments I put forward.