I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

EitB v13 Wishlist/Progress

I don't like Bug's cluttered interface, and I detest it's "helpful" features like automatically preventing city growth into unhappiness. I don't think it adds anything of value on its own. But if that's the only way to integrate AI, Worldbuilder and other improvements into EitB, then so be it.

I admit that my biggest concern about BUG specifically is aesthetic, too.

Separately, I'm a little bit concerned about the idea of merging in other people's changes, because they've been working toward a different goal than MP balance, and may not have been as rigorous about changelogs as you and Sareln. Are those changes available piecemeal, or would you have to take the bad with the good?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

since Elohim potentially lost 2 culture with the merge of reliquary with monuments, it would be fair imo to add 2 culture to chancel of guardians

Sure, why not?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

something I've noticed: the cost of the doviello spells to upgrade to sons of asena / battlemasters was never changed to reflect the fact that sons are now 45h instead of 60h

(February 22nd, 2016, 13:28)Qgqqqqq Wrote: It was banned in Adventures due to a longstanding site policy of no bean counter mods in tournament games.

Sareln trying to make BUG an option is what made him stop working on the mod, so I have no intention on working futilely on that. That being said, BUG is one of those things you can turn off most of the features of, and when I play MNAI I don't notice many differences.

(February 22nd, 2016, 17:49)Bobchillingworth Wrote: I think what made Sareln stop working was him getting a job and married :P

I'm not a fan of BUG, but if nobody else cares I can live with it.

Little bit of column A, little bit of column B. Don't forget designing a chip and writing a thesis though, which I would judge more responsible.

I don't think it's an impossible feature, but it is one where a lot of planning and thought need to go into it ahead of time, or else it will just become a huge mess.
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Yeah, and given the totality of my coding ability is learned on the job working on EitB, I definitely don't think I have the ability to do it.

/leaving aside the fact that I'm not working on anything EitB-related atm, nor have for 6 months.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

No worries. Just saw it in the thread and wanted to both pop in and say hi, and also add the comment on complexity.
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Suggestion: Move GM to Feudalism, Vamps to Priesthood.

Reaction: I think GM is quite a bit already. Otoh, I take Daves point that they're too easy to hit all the goodies, therefore it would be good to split it up. GM at Maths?

I do agree we don't want to over-nerf the Calabim, either. Aurorarcher was probably the best player in EitB 47, after all, which might make them look better than they are.

GM at Feudalism is very thematic. Vamps at Priesthood, not quite so much. Maybe start with a smaller step and just move GM to a tech one or two later?

I had an alternate thought: River of Blood would be more thematic *and* weaker if it was unlocked by the same tech as Vampires themselves instead of available from T0.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker