For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

EitB v13 Wishlist/Progress

What about moving GM to Feudalism, but then cutting Feud's price by a bit? IIRC it doesn't really unlock anything else particularly broken.

Not sure where to move Vamps to. Priesthood just screams "Veil Veil Veil Veil", to the point where I'd be astonished if anyone researched it and then adopted any other religion. Mathematics is totally unthematic and kind of random. Almost tempted to suggest bringing back Way of the Wicked, but as a special Calabim-only tech (sort of like how the Lanun have Seafaring).

Also, RoB at whatever ends up unlocking Vamps is a great idea. Might want to make it add 3 pop then though, since that'll be at a stage in the game where the Calabim should have large cities anyway.

Yeah, Vampires at Priesthood was because I thought, "What other units are born able to cast T2 spells?" It probably does introduce an entirely new problem of too many goodies at one tech.

I meant maths for GM, not vamps.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I think even moving only GMs to Feudalism would be a sufficient move. Afterall, early GMs are what makes Calabim so strong IMO because getting all that production so early is just so powerful, for building bunch of Moroi early for example if you want to kill someone. Of course as we all know building 80h GMs slows down the expansion for a small period but it pays itself back pretty quickly.

However, if the GMs were in Feudalism you couldn't build them in the middle game (t60-t80) and once you got to Feudalism you still needed them (GMs) for Vamps. This would also slow down their early-mid snowballing somewhat. I think that could be worth testing. I don't see moving Vamps as a good idea, they're already very expensive to build. Of course this would make Feudalism even higher priority for the Calabim than it is now.

Well if the idea is to split the benefits and make the Research goals more disparate, what about just putting Vamps back where the non-UU sits and land them back with Champs at Iron Working?

But Aurorarcher's point about GMs is valid, and probably worth testing both at Feudalism before going further to split them.

While we're wielding the nerf bat, the Clan probably needs some attention. Possibilities:

1) No religion allowed, or at least no Kilmorph. Soldiers of Kilmorph plus warrens break the game pretty effectively.

2) No Elder Councils or markets. This could easily lead to a situation where Clan cities can't build anything but units, though.

3) No courthouse. Probably not very effective unless you also ban City States.

4) Push warrens further back in the tech tree. I'm not enthusiastic about this one because that's kind of the theme for the Clan.

5) No catapults. But Clan are already biased against catapults because they aren't doubled by warrens.

(June 13th, 2016, 06:41)DaveV Wrote: 1) No religion allowed, or at least no Kilmorph. Soldiers of Kilmorph plus warrens break the game pretty effectively.

...also ban City States.

I wonder if it's possible to prevent them from having revolts? No religions, no civics, would be a substantial nerf but still let them have the theme of overwhelming numbers. No upgraded government fits with Barbarian thematically.

Of course Jonas would need a new trait. And this is maybe overkill?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

The only one I both think would be effective and like is no EC or Matkets.

1) Vetoed. Breaks setting.
3) Don't think it would do much.
4) I agree.
5) I agree.
6) No.

Can I suggest having Warrens cost a certain amount of gpt, a la Gambling Houses?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

No religions would be okay I guess but no revolts is definitely overkill unless you give them something else. The starting traits are kind of barbaric though (Despotism, Tribalism, Decentralization) so it would actually be pretty fun change but not possible to implement probably.

I'd just remove EC or Markets or give Warrens more penalty (or further in tech). Warrens already give maintenance penalty but I don't think there has been a single game with that change in play?

EDIT: Q's idea of Warrens costing gpt is also a decent idea.

What if the Barbarian trait got nerfed instead, with either a greater tech penalty or an additional cash / maintenance one?

Of the other leaders who would get hit in the crossfire, Averax & Charadon are already top-tier, so no big loss there. It'd kind of suck for Furia, so I guess she'd have to be rebalanced in some fashion.