I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

"Please make sure to test your game using all of the options, not just the ones you like. "

I think that's our job.

Seriously, no game designer, or in this case modder, can hope to do all the playtesting for themselves. Especially a large game like MoM. I've worked with a few game game designers, there is so much their eyes miss simply because of how close they are to the project they're working on.

Videos are best, as they let a developer see exactly what happened.

Believe it or not, I was making videos for beta testing years before I started Let's Playing. In fact, it was those beta test videos that eventually led me to try my hand at LPing.

My god, looks like casting Corruption is a -25 diplomatic action and Raise Volcano is -50 while ummm Call of the Void is only -20 and Pestilence is -8 and even an Armageddon or Great Wasting are just -25 and -20.
Why? What did the makers think? Oh blowing up a town with a nuke or destroying the whole world with volcanoes is nothing compared to the evil deed of raising a single volcano?
Meanwhile, I found and successfully edited the starting and default diplomatic relations between wizards which was based on books, so look forward to not being hated by fellow Death wizards anymore in the next release. 0.3 will be primarily about updates to diplomacy.

I laughed out loud. Corruption worse for diplomacy then the great wasting. That's unbelievable.

Found the part where volcanoes revert to mountains. There is no code there that would generate ores whatsoever, it's not even calling for a random number to do anything based on a random chance (other than the initial decision of reverting the volcano or not). Fortunately I was looking for the reverting chance anyway, I'm changing it to 1% because at 2% a volcano only produces a total of 50 power during its expected lifetime which is...horrible considering the spell costs exactly that much so there is zero benefit other than the enemy town losing one useful cell.
...And to think you received a -50 diplomatic penalty for this lol.

I managed to move the Fighter's Guild's function.
I decided to move it into the Barracks and separate it from the Military building tree. Now you only require Smithy to produce Swordsman or build an Armory. The Barracks is now a standalone building that only unlocks the War College, which now doesn't require any additional buildings. I also separated the Animist's Guild from the Stables, now it requires a Forester's Guild instead, which means you'll need a forest to build it, but can do so even if your race cannot build stables. It makes more sense to have the best food producing building require 2 other food producing buildings to build.
I want to further investigate diplomacy before releasing 0.3 however.

IIRC the penalty for those spells is every turn they are in effect. The details are in the official strategy guide. Diplomacy works as intended, if you keep the spell up the other wizards will get pissed off and declare war on you. They'll even tell you that it was your spell in the declaration of war. How did you reach the conclusion it was a one-time penalty? I'd be a bit more reluctant to heap scorn on the game. In fact, I'd recommend to re-read the entire OSG cover to cover if you're serious about Master of Magic.

The point of volcanoes isn't as a mana source. Again, I'm curious how this conclusion was reached. By the time you can cast it, you don't need mana anyway. The point is to ruin enemy cities' production. Honestly, this isn't really intended for the player. Like most of the city curses, it is meant for the computer to cast on the human. On the higher levels the CPs receive big bonuses to both gold and food as detailed in the OSG, so it's pretty pointless to use curses.

(September 16th, 2015, 21:40)Tiltowait Wrote: IIRC the penalty for those spells is every turn they are in effect. The details are in the official strategy guide. Diplomacy works as intended, if you keep the spell up the other wizards will get pissed off and declare war on you. They'll even tell you that it was your spell in the declaration of war. How did you reach the conclusion it was a one-time penalty? I'd be a bit more reluctant to heap scorn on the game. In fact, I'd recommend to re-read the entire OSG cover to cover if you're serious about Master of Magic.

It's 100% of the penalty when cast, and an additional 10% every turn after that. So in case of Armageddon, -25 once and -2 every turn after that.
It would take 13 turns of Armageddon to get that 50 penalty of the single Raise Volcano, although Armageddon affects everyone not just one wizard.
Either way, a -50 penalty is ridiculous for a spell that only destroys a single cell around the city. Earthquake is only -9, Famine -5!
Armageddon does work as it should and I won't change it, nor will I change any enchantments that hurt other wizards.
Speaking of enchantments, a whole bunch of them cause a negative effect even though they don't hurt the other players at all, including Holy Arms, Crusade, Zombie Mastery, Doom Mastery, I'm removing it from these. Also, I had to change it for enchantments whose effects were altered or replaced : Aether Binding, Tranquility, Life Force, Evil Omens and Nature's Wrath.

Quote:The point of volcanoes isn't as a mana source. Again, I'm curious how this conclusion was reached. By the time you can cast it, you don't need mana anyway. The point is to ruin enemy cities' production. Honestly, this isn't really intended for the player. Like most of the city curses, it is meant for the computer to cast on the human. On the higher levels the CPs receive big bonuses to both gold and food as detailed in the OSG, so it's pretty pointless to use curses.
This is my mod so I decide what's the point of various spells. The primary philosophy of this mod is that every spell must be worth casting for the player.
Raise Volcano is uncommon, you can get it quite early in the game. I reduced the casting cost to 50, too, so you can cast it.
Volcanoes produce zero food, so no matter how big the AI multiplier is, it's still not producing anything. Enough volcanoes should be able to limit the maximum size of the city significantly. However, investing this much resources into limiting the growth of one enemy city isn't very good as a strategy on its own in most cases. If it also improves your future power production, even if just by a little, it becomes worth using for its original purpose. It's still not worth casting them just to produce power unless you have absolutely nothing better to do.

Some info about what I did today.

First, I tried to make the undead rising when you have 9 units already and regroup them like it happens when you hire stuff. I made some progress - in fact it should have been working - but it actually doesn't. The 10 units stay together despite calling the procedure that should separate them, so more research is needed on this.

Second, I implemented one of the missing effects of Spell Ward. This took a good 5-6 hours but now every combat spell of the selected realm will be countered. I don't plan to also add protection from city curses, that would be too many effects from just one spell. No fantastic units and no combat spells is already a really powerful restriction.

I also adjusted the scoring feature and fixed the "feature" of the AI and neutral towns bypassing building restrictions on a whole bunch of basic buildings like Barracks, Granary, Smithy, Shrine and most notably the Builder's Hall just to build them before considering anything else. I also made the AI go for Sawmill first, and added new, less random checks on when to buy production.

I plan to release 0.3 tomorrow if I manage to finish playing my currently ongoing game without running into any major problems.

Interesting!

0.3 is now out!

There are numerous changes, you can see them all in the spoiler tag below.
In short, this update deals with the AI behavior and diplomacy, as well as doing the leftover changes to the building system (Starting as Regulars now have their own dedicated building instead of being included in the Fighter's Guild for example).
Hopefully the AI will be more capable now, thanks to distributing their power base better (no longer neglecting casting skill so badly), building sawmills to accelerate production, focusing on mana early to expand, and not wasting large amounts of mana on using disjunction on worthless targets as well as having access to the higher tax rates. In exchange, diplomacy is more forgiving now, if you know what you are doing, you can usually maintain good relations with at least some wizards. Oh, and a lot of spells that can hurt you now work when used by the AI, the new one being Spell Binding, previous versions fixed Cruel Unminding and Drain Power. These spells literally did nothing in the original game.

-Major : New Scoring system : +4 for spells, +2 for people, +4 for fame, +200 for wizards, +100 for spell of mastery, Easy 0.5x, Normal 1x, Hard 1.5x, Extreme 2x, Impossible 2.5x
-Added new landmass : Tiny and adjusted the amount of land cells for each : Tiny = 150, Small = 250, Normal = 400, Large = 600, Huge = 800. Unfortunately the smaller options fail to find fortress locations and hang way too often.
-Major : Barracks now make units start as Regular instead of Fighter's Guild.
-Barracks is no longer required to build units, its role is replaced by the Smithy.
-Fantastic Stables now only require and Armory instead of a Fighter's Guild
-War College no longer requires an University.
-The military building trees are now :

Barracks->War College
Smithy->Armory->Fighter's Guild->Armorer's Guild
Smithy->Stables
Stables+Armory->Fantastic Stables

Races that cannot build a War College : Klackon, Lizardmen
Races that cannot build Barracks : Halflings

-Major : Spell Ward now has an additional effect : Spells of the selected realm in combat will be countered (100% chance), affects both players.
-Major : AI spellcasting : Spell Binding now works and has the same effect as for the player (100% chance of stealing spell). Original code first did a dispel roll for the spell, then converted the spell ID into an enchantment ID to steal the spell on success, which had no effect because it already had an Enchantment ID before the conversion so converting it again messed up the data.
-Major : AI diplomacy : Defeating another wizard will now yield a +50 boost to your relation with wizards who were at war with the defeated wizard, no change if they had no treaty, and -40 if they had a pact or alliance.
- Major: AI diplomacy : Banishing another wizard will now yield a +25 boost to your relation with wizards who were at war with the defeated wizard, no change if they had no treaty, and -20 if they had a pact or alliance.
-Major : AI Diplomacy : Starting (and default) diplomatic relations use a completely new calculation , see below :
First gain +2 relations for each shared book (including all realms, even Death).
Then calculate an aligment for the wizards : Alignment=(Nature+Life)-(Chaos+Death).
Subtract 3*(abs(Wizard Alignment1- Wizard Alignment2)-4) points from relations. Note that this reduces relations if the alignment difference is higher than 4, but improves it if the difference is less.
The total maximum possible positive relation is 35 (13 shared books), highest negative is -66 (all 13 books from opposite realms). Sorcery books have no effect on wizard alignment. It's pretty unlikely to have a significant penalty here unless you commit to a large amount of good or evil books and find an opponent who did the exact opposite.
-After a battle at a town, building destruction chance is capped at 60% instead of 75%.
-After conquering a town, there is no additional +10% chance of destroying a building (if you didn't walk to the inside, or used destruction causing spells, everything stays safe)
-After conquering a neutral town, there is no additional 50% chance to destroy buildings.
-Finding a spell from a banished wizard requires a minimum of 1 book for common, 2 for uncommon, 3 for rare, and 4 for very rare. Same for trading spells.
-Adjusted Spell desirability data in the spell table (previously unknown purpose byte 14h) to reflect the current value of spells better.
-Lairs now require 3 books for rare and 4 for very rare spell findings of their realm instead of the original 2 and 3. Uncommons and commons can both be received with only 1 book. This is different from diplomacy and banishing, where you do need 2 books for uncommons.
A quick summary of the effects of each book you have, regardless of where they came from :
1st book : Contains 3 common and 1 uncommon spells. Allows finding common and uncommon spells in dungeons. Allows trading for common spells. Allows finding common spells from defeaed enemy wizards.
2nd book : Contains 2 common, 1 uncommon and 1 rare spell. Allows trading for uncommon spells, allows finding uncommon spells from defeated enemy wizards.
3rd book : Contains 1 common, 1 uncommon, 1 rare and 1 very rare spell. Allows finding rare spells in dungeons and from defeated wizards. Allows trading for rare spells.
4th book : Contains 1 common, 1 uncommon, 1 rare and 1 very rare spell. Allows finding very rare spells in dungeons and from defeated wizards. Allows trading for very rare spells.
5th-10th books : Contains more spells, reduce casting cost of spells of that realm by 2%, increases research of that realm by 3%.
11th and above : Reduce casting cost of spells of that realm by 2%, increases research of that realm by 3%. You already have all spells available from the 10th book so no more spells.
-AI Diplomacy : Casting Evil Omens now causes a -20 diplomatic penalty to all wizards regardless of realm.
-AI Diplomacy : Casting Aether Binding now has no effect on diplomacy.
-AI Diplomacy : Casting Nature's Wrath now causes a -20 diplomatic penalty to all wizards who own a non-Nature book.
-AI Diplomacy : Casting Zombie Mastery now has no effect on diplomacy.
-AI Diplomacy : Casting Doom Mastery no longer causes a diplomatic penalty
-AI Diplomacy : Casting Life Force no longer causes a diplomatic penalty
-AI Diplomacy : Casting Tranquility no longer causes a diplomatic penalty
-AI Diplomacy : Casting Crusade no longer causes a diplomatic penalty
-AI Diplomacy : Casting Holy Arms no longer causes a diplomatic penalty
The remaining global enchantmenst that still have diplomatic effects are :
Eternal Night -12 once, -1/turn
Evil Omens -20 once, -2/turn
Aura of Majesty +10 once, +2/turn
Suppress Magic -25 once, -2/turn
Nature's Wrath -20 if owning any non-nature book once, -2/turn
Chaos Surge -10 if not owning a chaos book once, -1/turn
Great Wasting -20 once, -2/turn
Meteor Storm -15 once, -1/turn
Armageddon -25 once, -2/turn
-AI Diplomacy : Successful trading of a spell now counts as a +7 diplomatic action instead of +5. This is now applied when receiving a spell of equal or higher research value instead of just higher, as spells with equal value are much more frequent now.
-AI Diplomacy : Positive diplomatic actions performed to a wizard that had a negative realtionship with the performer are no longer capped to only raise relationship to a +10 at best.
-AI Diplomacy : Negative diplomatic actions no longer have a double effect on a wizard that had a positive relationship with you. They still are less effective the worse the relationship is if already at far below zero.
-AI Diplomacy : Positive diplomatic actions no longer have a double effect on a wizard that had a negative relationship with you. They still are less effective the better the relationship is far above zero however.
-AI Wizard generation : Now can select Life+Death books at random instead of only having that from choosing the default wizards that have both.
-AI Wizard generation : Now can't select more than 10 books of a type.
-AI Wizard generation : Myrran now costs 2 for the AI.
-AI Diplomacy : Casting Corruption is now a -5 strength diplomatic effect instead of -25.
-AI Diplomacy : Casting Raise Volcano is now a -10 strength diplomatic effect instead of -50. Seriously, this spell had a worse penalty than nuking two cities with Call of the Void.
-Volcanoes now have a 1% chance to revert to mountains instead of 2%. I found absolutely no reference to generating ores at a random chance in the code, this feature seems to be unimplemented. While it would be nice to have, volcanoes not helping the enemy is actually more beneficial when using the spell for offense, so I don't plan to implement it, it's not worth it.
-Fixed Nature's Eye not giving 2 research as intended (I accidentally overwrote this code when adding Tranquility's research effect)
-Fixed the description of the Resist Magic unit ability to correctly display +5 crosses
-Wizard's Guild cost is increased to 700, research reduced to 3
-University cost is reduced to 125, research reduced to 5
-Sage's Guild research is reduced to 9
-Aura of Majesty now adds +2 relation per turn.
-Animist's Guild now requires Forester's Guild instead of Stables
-Parthenons now correctly display the amount of power produced on city screens.
-Cathedrals now correctly display the amount of power produced on city screens.
-Alchemist Guilds now correctly display the amount of power produced on city screens.
-Wizards Guilds now correctly display the amount of power produced on city screens but it's still show as negative
-Evil Presence now correctly displays the amount of power produced on city screens even if the owner has Death books, but it's still shown as positive
-Sages Guilds now correctly display the amount of research produced on city screens.
-Wizards Guilds now correctly display the amount of research produced on city screens.
-Gold produced as taxes is now correctly displayed in the city screen.
-Gold produced by the Marketplace is now correctly displayed in the city screen, but does not include bonuses from Bank, Merchant's Guild and Prosperity. Only the trade bonus is included.
-Gold produced by the Bank is now correctly displayed as 30% of taxes in the city screen but disregards Marketplace due to lack of coding space.
-Gold produced by the Marketplace is now correctly displayed as 40% of taxes in the city screen but disregards Marketplace due to lack of coding space.
-Sawmill production is now corrrectly displayed as 8
-Forester's Guild, Miner's Guild and Mechanician's Guild production is now correctly displayed, but disregards the +8 from the Sawmill due to lack of coding space.
-Forester's Guild now produces +3 food without counting as using the land, so it's not reduced to 1 if the city is already overusing the land. (Granary and Farmer's Market works like this)
-Forester's Guild's food production is now correctly displayed.
-AI diplomacy : Minimum relation required for having your treaty considered is unchanged, the values I found in the code are : Wizard's Pact +10, Alliance : +50, Declaration of War on another : no requierment, Break Alliane with : +25, Peace Treaty : No minimum. Additionally, if the player has an alliance with the wizard, and is at war with the target, asking for war has a 50% chance to be automatically accepted, otherwise additional demands need to be fullfilled, but there is no chance of outright rejection, meaning an Alliance is a pretty useful treaty.
-Psionic Blast now costs 25 mana.
-AI building buying decision : Instead of the original, random based code that compared the price of the product multiplied by a random number with the gold reserve regardless of needs or personality, the AI will now buy products if any of the following is true :
1.The AI has 10000 or more gold
2.The product is a Sawmill, Wizard's Guild, or Nightmare. (I wanted to include more like Paladins, Doom Drakes and other top units, but out of coding space sadly.)
3.The AI has 12 times the cost of the product or more in gold. For example a Marketplace (60 production) will be bought if the AI has 1440 or more gold.
If neither of these conditions is true, the AI will not buy the product.
-AI building to build selection : Sawmill now has the highest priority, unless playing Lizardmen which cannot build one.
-AI building to build selection : Barracks is no longer included in the priority list.
Note : The priority list completely disregards any restrictions on buildings and forces it through anyway. Meaning that races who cannot build certain buildings will get them under AI control if they are included in the priority list.
-AI building to build selection : Smithy is still the second highest priority (no change but first is now Sawmill)
-AI building to build selection : Builder's Hall is no longer included in the priority list.
-AI building to build selection : Granary is no longer included in the priority list.
-AI building to build selection : Shrine is still in the priority list as the last element (no change except that this is now the third one instead of the sixth, the list is shorter), fortunately all races can build this. While I could add more buildings, I don't think the current system really needs anything specific to be built early other than these thee (in fact Shrine is not even a must have) and as it would disregard resitrictions and make the AI cheat, I prefer not to use that code space. Non-priority building selection is also unchanged.
-Neutral Town building selection : Smithy is now a priority, Barracks is not.
-Neutral Town building selection : Builder's Hall and Granary are no longer a priority so they won't disregard building restrictions.
-AI combat spellcasting : The AI will now never cast spells of a warded realm in combat. (Also some good news : There are roughly 120 bytes of coding space left in the combat spellcasting priority procedure, so a whole lot of additional stuff can be added later if the need arises. For reference, the check for spell ward took ~45 bytes so120 bytes are a lot of space. All this space came from Word of Recall's code which was quite extensive. There are also a few other removed spells that can be used to make space, although I don't see an immediate need to add new conditions to combat spellcasting at the moment, the predefined priorities are pretty well done for at least the important spells.)
-AI combat spellcasting : The AI will no longer use Syphon Life on Death Immune targets
-Nightblades now have +1 attack, defense and health, making them have better stats than halberdiers.
-AI overland spellcasting type selection : Zombie Mastery adds only 10 instead of 100 to disjuction type priority.
-AI overland spellcasting type selection : Aura of Majesty no longer adds to disjuction type priority. (was +25)
-AI overland spellcasting type selection : AEther Binding no longer adds to disjuction type priority. (was +25)
-AI overland spellcasting type selection : Doom Mastery adds only 15 instead of 200 to disjuction type priority.
-AI overland spellcasting type selection : Crusade adds only 50 instead of 100 to disjuction type priority.
-AI overland spellcasting type selection : Just Cause no longer adds to disjuction type priority. (was +10)
-AI overland spellcasting type selection : Holy Arms adds only 10 instead of 100 to disjuction type priority.
-AI overland spellcasting type selection : Charm of Life adds only 25 instead of 200 to disjuction type priority.
-AI disjuction target selection : Evil Omens is now always priority 200 regardless of spell books to match new effect.
-AI disjuction target selection : Zombie Mastery is now priority 15 instead of 50
-AI disjuction target selection : Aura of Majesty is now priority 5 instead of 20
-AI disjuction target selection : Aether Binding is now priority 1 instead of Wind Mastery's 15
-AI disjuction target selection : Nature Awareness is now priority 3 instead of 10
-AI disjuction target selection : Nature's Wrath is now priority 200 if either primary or secondary realm is non-Nature.
-AI disjuction target selection : Doom Mastery is now priority 25 instead of 50
-AI disjuction target selection : Meteor Storm is now priority 60 instead of 30
-AI disjuction target selection : Armageddon is now priority 100 instead of 40
-AI disjuction target selection : Tranquility is now priority 5 instead of 200 regardless of Realm to reflect now effect.
-AI disjuction target selection : Life Force is now priority 25 instead of 200 regardless of Realm to reflect now effect. Also worth mentioning that the original code was bugged, it checked for Chaos realm instead of Death.
-AI disjuction target selection : Just Cause is now priority 1 instead of 15
-AI disjuction target selection : Holy Arms is now priority 20 instead of 30
-AI disjuction target selection : Charm of Life is now priority 20 instead of 60
-AI disjuction target selection : Great Wasting is now priority 40 instead of 20
-AI disjuction spell choice : Top priority is now Spell Binding, then Disjunction True, then Disjunction, and none if the AI has neither. Note that the AI now actually considers Spell Binding as an enchantment removal spell instead of just a general purpose spell that can be used anytime.
-AI Spell Binding target selection priorities (yes the AI had separate code for these despite the spell not working at all) :
Eternal Night – 50 regardless of owning death books
Evil Omens – 120
Zombie Mastery - 50
Aura of Majesty - 1
Aether Binding - 30
Suppress Magic - 120
Time Stop – 10 (can't steal anyway)
Nature Awareness - 1
Nature's Wrath – 100 regardless of any books
Herb Mastery - 20
Chaos Surge – 1 regardless of Chaos Books, spell does the same thing even if opponent controls it
Doom Mastery - 50
Great Wasting - 20
Meteor Storm -40
Armageddon -100
Tranquility -64
Life Force -80
Crusade - 80
Just Cause - 3
Holy Arms - 30
Planar Seal - 10
Charm of Life -60
Detect Magic -1
Awareness -1
Note that quite a few spells have a high dispel but low steal priority or the other way around, depending on the effects.
-AI overland offensive spell casting priorities : priority is now a fixed value instead of being relative to the spells's casting cost. Some of the spells seem to overlap with spells in other categories.
Blizzard : 3
Earthquake : 10
Spell Blast : 10
Stasis : 1
Time Stop : 25
Corruption : 25, high value because the spell is cheap and spammable
Fire Storm : 7
Raise Volcano : 50, also cheap and spammable
Chaos Rift : 20
Call of the Void : 200
Famine : 30
Warp Node : 15
Black Wind : 15
Drain Power : 20
Evil Presence : 40
Cruel Unminding : 20
Pestilence : 50
Cursed Lands : not in the game
Subversion : not in the game
AI decisions : Maximum tax rate being used is now 6 (2.5gold) instead of 4(2 gold). Minimum is unchanged(3). Unrest penalties for the last two rates are no longer too harsh for use.
Aether Binding : Doubled the amount of Skill Pool gain.
-Air Elemental : Defense reduced by 3
-Restored max retorts to 6, there is no need for more than that, but max books stays at 19.
-Sky Drake breath attack is reduced to strength 15.
-AI power base decision : AI will now look at their power base distribution once every 1-4 turns instead of once every 15-25. (lol)
-AI power base decision : During the first 30 turns, the AI will focus on producing mana for early expansion instead of doing a roughly even distribution.
-AI power base decision : Default is 10% research, 25% skill, 15% mana and another 50% selected at random weighted by needs and preferences. Original was 15 res, 10 skill and 25 mana, too low for skill.
-AI power base decision : Militarist now considers mana a priority (to maintain armies) and perfectionist prefers skill (to cast more spells) instead of the other way around.
-AI power base decision : Having 200 or lower skill now makes the AI consider skill a priority, instead of 100 or higher skill making research as one.
-AI power base decision : Having over 1000 mana will no longer replace the mana choice with 50% chance of skill, 50% chance of research. Instead, having 4000 mana turns “mana” choices into “skill” ones, and won't select research, if you have too much mana, it's a clear indication of skill being insufficient.
-AI power base decision : Having more skill than 12.5% of the mana reserve turns all skill choices into mana instead of having 400% more skill than mana doing it...for example at 100 skill, the AI will go for mana if they below 800 mana remaining instead of the original 25.The AI will try to have enough reserve for 8 turns (or 2 battles at rangex3) as a minimum.
-AI alchemy decision : AI will now turn gold into mana when having less than 1/16th of gold in mana instead of 1/32.
-(optional) fixed Clow/Eriol's staff being cut off halfway on the research screen

To answer a previous question, I have been checking the code and Bad/Good moons are cumulative with both each other and themselves regarding various books. Meaning that if you have both Life and Death books, you'll get half the power twice, in other words you are unaffected. I believe that's the optimal way to handle it, no change needed.
My thoughts about events :
-Moons are fine the way they are. There is no effect on power generated from non-Religious buildings, so under this mod, where other power generating buildings are of equal importance, this event is less influential.
-Conjunctions : same thing, you get lots of power from cities so nodes generating more/less is not that gamebreaking (unless you are lucky enough to have multiple nodes of the same time and node mastery)
-Disjunction : This is very gamebreaking, I want to change it somehow, or if that's not possible, eliminate it completely.
-Mana Short : another gamebreaking one. Would prefer to remove it and add something completely different, but don't have a good idea yet. Maybe an event that causes all spells to cost half their normal price would be more fun.
-The rest I have no opinion about yet, I need to actually encounter them in a game to see if they are fair or not, but I expect them to be ok.

Edit : replaced both Mana Short and Disjuction with new events :
Aether Flux - All spells cost 50% less to cast while the event is in effect.
Stroke of Genius - Everyone's current research will be done next turn, unless it's Spell of Mastery which only makes a progress of ~9.9k RP.
(These changes will be available in the next release, 0.4)

Aether Flux - All spells cost 50% less to cast while the event is in effect.
Stroke of Genius - Everyone's current research will be done next turn, unless it's Spell of Mastery which only makes a progress of ~9.9k RP.

THAT IS AMAZING!

...Though disjunction was more often positive, as often the AIs had managed to caste innumerable globals.

Mana short was always obnoxious though.

Anyway, here is part two of the CLow Reed playthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHtFDXow...e=youtu.be