For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

I know it's been a while since I was here, but I had a catastrophic SSD failure and need a straight up DOS install of CASTER 606..605.. or whatever you have of any previous version of caster where I can just unzip it in DOSBOX without me having to install windows 7 juuust so I can install CASTER.

I had caster 6.05 installed and running perfectly for a long time. You helped me before with ...like an older version of caster that you had setup to just unzip in DOSBOX, without the need to contaminate my system with Microsoft, even if it is a modified Windows 7.

I know in the past you were really the only lifeline for people who philosophically avoided using Microsoft if one could help it.

And yes, I know...dosbox.

edit--- or if anyone already has the directory structure for caster (I have the base 1.31(?) installed and running already. But I need the caster files... I just can't settle for playing 1.31 when I have been on 6.05 for many many games now. PM me and I can send you email or google drive..whatever works.

(May 31st, 2021, 00:58)Tleilaxu Ghola Wrote: that you had setup to just unzip in DOSBOX, without the need to contaminate my system with Microsoft

I get CoM via Steam on Linux. It downloads the dosbox version into ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Master of Magic/Master of Magic Caster of Magic DLC

after downloading, you don't even need to run it through steam. you can just point your local dosbox to that directory and run it.

v 6.08
Bug 1: Land Link did not give +2 breath to Undead Lizard. Apparently only can increase existing breath attack. Reproduce: attack city Jagan.
Bug 2: Heavenly Light gives +1 to ranged attacks too (magical and bow). The spell's text does not. Reproduce: attack city Jagan.
Bug 3: Sailing Warship together with flying Warship stepped on road. Near city Rockwedge.

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE2.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 1)
.gam   SAVE4.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 1)