I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Freddy is an Old Giza

The Tron Legacy, recommendation, then. Draft Punk's greatest work.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(October 26th, 2015, 19:49)Commodore Wrote: The Tron Legacy, recommendation, then. Draft Punk's greatest work.

Playlist engaged. Haven't seen the movie so no idea what to expect. But the opening is feeling a bit reminiscent of a particular Richard Strauss piece, although much less sparse. Good start....!

OH, if you want the spam to stop, lemme know. twirl

Preview Edit: Wait, why is this guy talking? Ruining my vibe....shakehead

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

OK, so far I'm envisioning this music as backing the most epic bunch of Sesame Street scenes of all time. They're big, epic, etc., but before any kind of development in the music takes place it's...over and on to the next track. If that's how the movie goes it would be kind of frustrating to watch. By the way, how is the movie?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Heh, I meant:
(October 26th, 2015, 19:46)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: The score for episode 3 is really good though. If you can tune out the dialogue (somehow)...OK forget it, maybe better to just get the music unsullied by the movie?
Is a similar recommendation. The movie itself is highly mediocre, enlivened to good only rarely when Jeff Bridges turns on the charm. And I guess it has some very pretty eye candy, too. Combines well with music.

My 14 month old son freaking loves the soundtrack, particularly the Adagio for Tron.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(October 26th, 2015, 18:41)TheHumanHydra Wrote: @OH: Yes! Episode II is awful. Episode III is better, as it actually has a compelling plot to be ruined by the mediocre acting and poor dialogue. And some of the confrontations are pretty entertaining. nod

I agree. I watched IV V and VI yesterday (I have a week off) and I'm planning on watching episodes I and III today. II is worthless but III is almost on par with the originals IMO.

Uh, I don't know if I'd go that far, but hey. Btw Ep. VII is the first movie I've ever bought opening-night tickets for.

Watching Anakin get laser-sworded into small chunks and then set on fire for good measure was satisfying. yup

We decided against opening night (my wife hasn't really recovered from her experiences with doing that for I), but will be going the first week.

(October 27th, 2015, 09:41)Dreylin Wrote: Watching Anakin get laser-sworded into small chunks and then set on fire for good measure was satisfying. yup

lol I guess anyone who hasn't seen it by now doesn't want to so who cares about the spoiler.... Is this too off topic for a qotm?

(October 27th, 2015, 10:19)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Is this too off topic for a qotm?

I really don't think that's possible.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Good enough for me! thumbsup