For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Some Help with the Mod

(February 24th, 2016, 04:44)Khan Wrote: Thank you all for your help, Mardoc hit the nail on the head. It seems there are two file paths on my laptop for Civ4. Not sure why, whether this is a steam thing but I suppose it does not matter. Seems strange that saves for my PBEMs go in one place and mods in the other but more important than anything is that it works. Goodness, I can't wait for some time to play around with all these civs.

There's so much variety, it's crazy. Will definitely be up for a PBEM soon! Another thing I noticed about FfH is that it seems to have it's own community here. What I mean by that is that in the FfH games, if something goes wrong, people shrug, call it one of those things and move on. In BTS, people tend to take things more personal. They seem more competitive, at least in the way they express themselves. Also, some of the maps made for the FfH games are unreal. Can. Not. Wait.

Glad to hear you like the game! Hopefully you'll join the next PBEM that starts... might be a while with 2 games going on but it'll come eventually. wink Maybe you can even try to start one if you become impatient nod.

The great thing about FFH compared to BtS is that each civ is so unique. And the differences are not minor things like in BtS usually (to my understanding) but more like big things when used properly. And yeah like Mardoc pointed out, still all the civs are pretty much equal and playable. I remember when I first started playing FFH - the amount of new things is just so enormous that it'll take a while to learn all that. Even after many years you still can't remember or know all the details. So just play around with different civs, it's the best way to learn. smile

(February 25th, 2016, 16:06)Aurorarcher Wrote: Glad to hear you like the game! Hopefully you'll join the next PBEM that starts... might be a while with 2 games going on but it'll come eventually. wink Maybe you can even try to start one if you become impatient nod.

The great thing about FFH compared to BtS is that each civ is so unique. And the differences are not minor things like in BtS usually (to my understanding) but more like big things when used properly. And yeah like Mardoc pointed out, still all the civs are pretty much equal and playable. I remember when I first started playing FFH - the amount of new things is just so enormous that it'll take a while to learn all that. Even after many years you still can't remember or know all the details. So just play around with different civs, it's the best way to learn. smile

Thank you. I will definitely join the next one. I am not in a great hurry as PBEM72 is still going and the turns on that one are getting longer and longer.

The unique flavour is one of the things I have been enjoying most. I keep finding things that seem to be 'too powerful', but so many civs have these things that it sort of evens out. There's a couple of civs that I have not quite got my head round yet (Khazad, Sheaim and Sidar) although I have not tried them all yet regardless. Grigori seem pretty decent with the adventurers but I suspect I am yet to fully grasp the power of religions as I acknowledge they are not highly regarded in the games here.

You mean in BTS games, right?

A large part of why the Agnostic trait pinches is actually for the same reason as in BTS: culture. But they are very strong.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.