For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

(October 23rd, 2016, 09:25)Krill Wrote: Looks like first major "bug" has been confirmed.

Multiple copies of amenities don't increase happiness in additional cities. I really hope this is confirmed as a bug and the devs don't turn around and say this was intended.

It's unclear if that is a bug or working as designed, the whole system amenity system is so opaque it screams of last minute changes.

(October 23rd, 2016, 09:25)Krill Wrote: Looks like first major "bug" has been confirmed.

Multiple copies of amenities don't increase happiness in additional cities. I really hope this is confirmed as a bug and the devs don't turn around and say this was intended.

This is what I always understood would happen based on the original statements by the developers, but other people kept saying it worked the other way.

I honestly don't think this is a bug, this is how it was originally described in the stream when they talked about the amenity distribution system.
Civ 6 Adventure 1 Report
Now complete!

Numbers in the reddit post are wrong. If you actually check the screenshots, Paris is getting 4 amenities and La Rochelle and Bordeaux are getting 3 each, bringing the total to what you would expect when the second copy counts

Amenities system is still opaque, but considering how much info the game hides at the moment, that's not surprising. Hope they will eventually make it display which amenities are being used by which cities, or better still, let the player control it

Letting the player have control over it would be optimal, yes. I don't much care for automated systems that cannot be overwritten.
Civ 6 Adventure 1 Report
Now complete!

no one city challenge mode, was going to try it just to get me head round how to run a city

I haven't bought the game yet. The tenor of the complaints is making me seriously consider it, though. I'm seeing a lot of comments about balance issues, desire for the game to be harder, interface issues, and multiplayer. I'm not hearing much of anything about 'the game is about not doing things' or 'I'm bored'. So far it sounds like the sorts of problems that are eminently patchable.

Is that what it actually feels like to people playing?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Definitely my feeling, yes, after spending 14 hours yesterday to play out the game I posted screenshots from smile The game forces you to make decisions, forces you to make things happen, and has a very solid foundation as far as I'm concerned

Tribal villages need to be easier to spot. I keep getting messages I've found them, and it is a royal pain to figure out exactly where. Goodie huts from early versions where far easier to find.

Unlike civ 5 it has the potential for greatness. Things cost so much in the late game compared to your production output that I started getting a civ 5 feeling of "I'm not doing anything I'm just looking at the numbers add up" but if prod costs were lower it would be different.

I agree that Civ 6 so far seems like a very promising start. The game itself is reasonably well rounded - the main glaring issues are details missing in the UI, and incompetent AI. I haven't experienced any memory leaks or other game-breaking glitches, which is a pleasant surprise for a new civ release. Still yet to try multiplayer, but I'm excited for the possibilities.

After adjusting to the barbs, the perpetual raging mode doesn't seem so bad - though it probably should be slightly less harsh on those initial 20-30 turns. Starting out with 3-4 military units before a builder and adopting the +5 strength military policy pretty much sorts out the early game, after which point you can choose to relax back into empire building or continue down the military path.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21