For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

DRM = digital rights management, basically ensuring you have a legal copy of the game

You can only change graphics settings from the main menu, it can't be done it when the map is loaded

DRM is Digital Rights Management -- anti-piracy measures, essentially.

Try going into your AppOptions: On Windows, default location is Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\AppOptions.txt. In it, you'll see these two lines:
;0 : windowed, 1 : fullscreen, 2 : windowed with no title bar
FullScreen 2

Sounds like you want either 0 or 2.
Civ 6 SP: Adventure One 
Civ 4 MP: PBEM74B [3/4] PBEM74D [3/4]
-Dedlurker: PB34

(October 22nd, 2016, 14:27)Dp101 Wrote: The builder cost increase is the worst part for me.

Builder cost increase sounds worse than it is, I can get them in 5ish turns even in medium production cities even at T200

This is too good

(October 22nd, 2016, 14:48)yuris125 Wrote:
(October 22nd, 2016, 14:27)Dp101 Wrote: The builder cost increase is the worst part for me.

Builder cost increase sounds worse than it is, I can get them in 5ish turns even in medium production cities even at T200

I'll agree to this, builder cost is almost irrelevant it feels like. Settlers and districts you'll notice though.

Wonder costs also rise way too fast. It's pretty much impossible to build a wonder in 15 turns in the late game (2000 hammers ? WTF ?)

Well wonders are supposed to be hard to build :P Those costs are fixed and you can plan for them if you really want late game wonders. Prioritise GEs who can rush wonders, etc.

Still, if my capital and best production city builds the wonder I just unlocked in 72 turns it's super depressing.

I was only able to really build the industrial era wonders by taking the policy and using my best production cities. There's a great engineer that has two charges for +200-300 production on the Wonder but unfortunately that's really a drop in the bucket it feels like.

I just got a great engineer with two charges of 480 hammers each. Knocked something like 32 turns of Oxford (high 40s to 13 turns). So they're not unbuildable, but do require forward planning. Which was one of stated goals of the design team - force the player to not go for the same wonders each an every playthrough, and make it near impossible to clear all late game wonders