For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

On prince difficulty the great library and the great lighthouse are still unbuilt on turn 250. I'm fairly confident about building all the late game wonders I want even if they're 50t apiece...

Great Library is useless on T250 though, and AI appears to be smart enough to ignore it. GLH has somewhat specific terrain requirements

Great Library is a very very niche wonder. With that said it has 2 slots for Great Works of writing, which are hard to find slots for, so you may build it later in the game when its a ~5 turn build or something.

The AI is really underwhelming. I am playing America in the potluck and just sitting in my corner out researching everyone by 2 eras with like 3 useful cities. :\

My leader is supposed to kill things with its +5 bonus attack :\
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

AI was never going to be competitive on prince against an experienced player

(October 22nd, 2016, 21:08)yuris125 Wrote: AI was never going to be competitive on prince against an experienced player

The AI did cheat on Prince even in Civ4. I'm sure someone will find at least one thing.

MJW on "breaking growth"

Didn't matter in Civ1&2 because the AI was so bad.
Civ3's corruption was okay. It stopped the game from ending just because you killed one guy. Crap cities could also give you extra gold and stuff too which felt good because you could cheat the system.
Civ4's maintenance was the worst because the game lies to you. As T-Hawk says you're getting scammed anyway. nod
Civ5's happiness didn't matter in the end because they inflated smile so hard and tacked on the research penalty. This makes new cities useless after a certain point and you just cannot take some more because the AIs will hate you forever even if you just kill one. Civ3 is the best by default so far.  
Don't know how I feel about Civ6 but it won't be the worst because it doesn't lie to you.  

Off to the game! I won't read anything more until I'm done. I should mention that LP is probably the best guy in my bracket.

(October 22nd, 2016, 21:08)yuris125 Wrote: AI was never going to be competitive on prince against an experienced player

True, but I feel like it should be closer. In my game as Kongo I got to the industrial era before some civs got to medieval. The AIs don't have many cities, and the ones they do have are fairly low pop and largely unimproved. America has never even founded a second city 180 turns into the game. So I think there is some major improvement that's needed. I'll probably run a game on emperor after this one and see if things are better there.

Having said that, I do largely enjoy the game and think there's a far better foundation than there was with Civ V. I think I'll enjoy myself quite a bit with it in the future.

Eh. Late techs and wonders feel very feeble. Lots of shuffling units around, not much building. Weird experience.

UI is atrocious, why is there no indicator of food in the box, why can't I avoid growth to maintain the amenity surplus bonus or avoid a malus? Why is the amenity behavior not documented anywhere? 10% on tile yields is huge!

(October 22nd, 2016, 14:48)yuris125 Wrote: This is too good

Wait, I thought the hidden agenda was supposed to be random?  Is this just luck, the leaders having multiple known agendas, or are the hidden agendas fixed?  The latter seems bad.

(October 22nd, 2016, 23:23)Cheater Hater Wrote:
(October 22nd, 2016, 14:48)yuris125 Wrote: This is too good

Wait, I thought the hidden agenda was supposed to be random?  Is this just luck, the leaders having multiple known agendas, or are the hidden agendas fixed?  The latter seems bad.

The hidden agendas are random... but Gandhi is specially defined to have a somewhat higher than normal chance to have Nuke Happy as his hidden agenda. (Teddy Roosevelt also has a preferred hidden agenda, in his case Environmentalist to play nicely with his National Park-boosting ability.)