For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

PBEM 7 - Team Contest (4 x 2) - discussion

I was working under the assumption that the picks were for teams and could be switched, since the pick order was reversed turn order by teams. If you had to keep your pick, shouldn't it have been last in turn order picked first?

I am fine with that. Anyway, not meant to be a party pooper.

So, are there other teams that want their civs swapped?

I'm fine with Emperor and Archduke swapping.

I might need a bit of coaching to get into PYDT properly. I have it downloaded and installed but have never used the software before.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

It's actually very easy to use if you use the client.

I suggest Japper to start a test game so everyone can see how it works. We all join in the proper order as well.

(November 26th, 2017, 21:44)Woden Wrote: I was working under the assumption that the picks were for teams and could be switched, since the pick order was reversed turn order by teams. If you had to keep your pick, shouldn't it have been last in turn order picked first?

Yes this was why I didn't change the pick order when i proposed the setup.
Will have to clarify in future games, so this issue does not actually cause a problem.

Thanks all for letting us switch. This is shaping up to be one hell of a game.

(November 26th, 2017, 23:36)Singaboy Wrote: It's actually very easy to use if you use the client.

I suggest Japper to start a test game so everyone can see how it works. We all join in the proper order as well.

Yes, PBEM 6 was a little confusing. Would rather work out the bugs now while we are not stressed for time.

Thanks for letting us switch, not any spectacular reason, I was just itching to try my hands on Germany.

I do not have CQUI mod. Will I need to download and enable it in order to generate the starting save? Also I received a PM from Japper with their team's starting location choice. I think that is a great idea and cleaner to have someone from the other 3 teams PM me their final choices as well just to confirm that the discussion in threads regarding starting positions has been finalized.

EDIT: Have received PM's from Japper & Woden & Singaboy, 1 team left.

Final confirmation of turn order and civ pics, based on first post. Just to be safe, I'd like another set of eyes to review the list I made below which I'll use when setting up the starting save:
1. Team 1 Japper (Kongo)
2. Team 2 Emperor K (Russia)
3. Team 3 BrickAstley (Rome)
4. Team 4 Woden (Nubia)
5. Team 4 Chevalier Mal Fet (England)
6. Team 3 Singaboy (China)
7. Team 2 TheArchduke (Germany)
8. Team 1 Mikeforall (Khmer)

Looks good to me.