I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

PBEM 7 - Team Contest (4 x 2) - discussion

Could a mod help us open a new PBEM7 topic so we can start our team threads soon?

Posted request.

Thanks mate!

Do I understand this correctly. The decision which civs to take is made in the order laid out on the past page. Does this mean that all civs are open to the first 'bidder' etc with the restriction to chose one nation from the vanilla pool and one dlc per team?

(November 21st, 2017, 05:53)Singaboy Wrote: Do I understand this correctly. The decision which civs to take is made in the order laid out on the past page. Does this mean that all civs are open to the first 'bidder' etc with the restriction to chose one nation from the vanilla pool and one dlc per team?

That was my thinking. I setup the pick order so that the team to go first was also the team to pick last. Seemed like the easiest way to balance who went first (especially since the turn order is important if we want to shoot for 1 turn a day).

Ya I think limiting teams to one dlc pick and one standard pick is a good idea.

Japper and Mike want to be teamed up.
Singaboy and brick are all set
Archduke and I are all set.

So i think we should just wait for woden and Chevalier to confirm they are good with the proposed teams, and that every one is cool with the pick order and turn setup.

I am good! with all of the above.

I am good.
And for my own clarity, each team gets 1 dlc and 1 vanilla pick, right?

Edit: Saw answer in Emperor K's post, I am good with that.

Also good with large continents connected via shallow water.

Just curious, why are we limiting teams to 1 standard pick? I can understand no more than 1 DLC, but if a team wanted to pick 2 standard civs, I see no problem with that.

I am fine if a team wants to pick 2 vanilla civs.

Ya i don't see any issue with 2 vanilla picks. I think the main concern was limiting the picks to only 1 DLC pick per team.

Once we are all confirmed, i think we can just use this thread to post the picks. Since the game is not set to start for several weeks, we have ample time to discuss picks with teammates and plan counter picks and what not.

I am very curious to see if there are some crazy strategies / synergies that can be fully exploited!

EDIT: I think we should also clarify that the picks are per team not per player, so for example Woden's first pick is not necessarily the civ he would be playing. After all picks are in each team can decide who plays which civ.
Or are we going with what ever the player picks is what they play. Both have different strategic implications I am thinking the first option will be the best.

I'd love to be teamed up with Woden. No objections from my end.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.