I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Woden's and Chevalier Mal Fet's [Insert Clever Name Here] Team Thread

Couple of Questions:

1. What was in that deal notification in your screenshot? In PBEM4, I did get a few deal notifications that just disappeared. I will resend next turn and if you don''t see it again, you try and send it.

2. You got a notification that I met Russia? I have not officially met him yet and I didn't any kind of notification. If I understand it, we should met him at the same time.

oh, duh.

...I, uh, found the deal, Woden. <_< Now let us never speak of this again.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Good thing we tried this early so we can work out the bugs...

(December 19th, 2017, 20:54)Woden Wrote: Good thing we tried this early so we can work out the bugs...

You thought I was exaggerating when I said I wasn't good at this game, but joke's on you! I'm way worse than even I thought!  lol

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Don't worry about it, I forget stuff all the time. In PBEM4, it took me 10 turns to finally remember to denounce Spain and I only remember to do it because I finally left a note on my keyboard to remind me. And, I only sent this deal early because I fear I will forget next turn or the turn after (which I still will probably do).

Nubia-Turn 20

Big turn! Lots of screenshots, hence the spoiler tag...

Open the save to find the barb scout at Amon is still around, so...

I take him out, which gives...

The other scout down by CMF's second city site is still stuck. I move my slinger to the city site, hopefully not blocking CMF but if I am (meaning my units and his units can't share tiles) he couldn't found until next turn and still should be able to as I will move off of it (unless scout moves where I can't move and kill him next turn. Then maybe I will move away and let CMF kill it. I would hate to delay settling a city and I already got the eureka for Archery but still need 2 kills for Bronze Working. 

Anyways, I did get the first pantheon and select...

This is going to come in handy with Valletta and I do plan on chopping our lands clean. Pantheon gives...

3rd Slinger finishes at Amon and start a settler...

Due in 9 turns. If I pasture the Sheep, it should shave a turn off. I did move the Builder to the Sheep tile but now I am thinking of mining the Jade. The Jade would increase my culture by 50% and could get the early civic sooner plus give the euerka for Wheel. I think it would shave off a few turns from Craftsmanship and bring Foreign Trade down to 7 turns. I can run Urban Planning once Craftsmanship is finished. The tile selector has been shifting between the 2nd Wheat and the Jade, so I think I will let the game decide. If it selects the Jade next turn, I will mine it in a few turns, if not, I will pasture the Sheep. 

So, Emperor K moved his scout to meet me...

So, lets take a look, Russia first...

No strategic/luxury resources hooked up yet but may have one he is working because of the high income or he has meet a Commerce city state. Now for Germany...

Once again, no strategic/luxury resources hooked up yet but may have one he is working because of the higher income or (most likely) he has meet a Commerce city state. Maybe they have 2 Commerce city states near them. We will have to see.

As for their stats: 
Russia-4.1Icon_Science, 1.9Icon_Culture, 2Icon_Faith, 25 MP.
Germany-3.6Icon_Science, 1.7Icon_Culture, 1Icon_Faith, 20 MP.

Most likely have not met a Cultural, Science, or Religious city state yet. 

CMF, 
I forgot to resend the gold and didn't even check to see if the deal was still there. See, even I forget stuff. If you don't have it this turn, I will try and remember next turn and if not, send a request. 

England Turn 20

Player Score ScoreCivicEmpireGreat PeopleReligionTechWonders
Japper15290040
Emperor K202140040
BRickAstley16480040
Woden14280040
Chevalier13270040
Singaboy16480040
The Archduke13270020
Mike194140040

RankingsTech|ScienceCultureDominationReligiousGPT
Japper2|?Icon_Science?Icon_Culture37?Icon_Faith ?|?Icon_Gold
Emperor K2|4.1Icon_Science?Icon_Culture282Icon_Faith42|10Icon_Gold
BRickAstley2|?Icon_Science?Icon_Culture43?Icon_Faith?|?Icon_Gold
Woden2|3.6Icon_Science1.7Icon_Culture5826.7Icon_Faith84|6.2Icon_Gold
Chevalier2|4.1Icon_Science2.9Icon_Culture378.1Icon_Faith 111|6.2Icon_Gold
Singaboy2|?Icon_Science?Icon_Culture29?Icon_Faith?|?Icon_Gold
The Archduke2|3.6Icon_Science?Icon_Culture231Icon_Faith40|13Icon_Gold
Mike2|?Icon_Science?Icon_Culture35?Icon_Faith?|?Icon_Gold

Great People GenAdmEngMerProSciWriArtMus
Japper 0|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.0
Emperor K 0|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|14.00|0.00|7.00|7.00|7.0
BRickAstley 0|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.0
Woden 0|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.0
Chevalier 0|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.0
Singaboy 0|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.0
The Archduke 0|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.0
Mike 0|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|3.00|0.00|0.00|0.00|0.0

Barbarian battles continue, Archduke finishes his second tech at last, and Mike founds his second city! I think? I already gave him points for a district, so the extra 3 points in his empire score should be another city, right? 

Another question - where could Archduke and Emperor's money have gone? Each has less than half of what he should at this point in the game, particularly given their powerful gold generation. Neither one has finished foreign trade yet, so my first theory (that they bought a trader using their Commercial gold, which would explain both the high GPT and the lack of total gold) is out. I also wonder where the gold is coming from - 2 commercial states? That'd get you to 10 gpt in the capital. Then Archduke could be working a gold tile like truffles for his additional 3. 

That's my theory, anyway, and with that I feel I've exhausted my ability to make deductions from the score. 

My turn is quiet, compared to Woden's. The western scout moves:

[Image: AI34HLP.png]

A little banged up from his brush with a barbarian scout. It looks like there's promising terrain to the south for another city. I wonder if the land loops around to the stone tiles, or if those are an offshore island? I really want to find the southern coast here soon. 

At home, I move the settler up, but I'm unable to enter the tile your slinger is on, Woden, so make sure you move him next turn. I wasn't sure if Woden had the Archery bonus or not so I left the barb scout alone: 

[Image: la5VBW2.png]

Here's a question, though, if I wind up being the one to kill the scout - will our combined barb kills count for Bronze Working? I'd imagine not, so if we're lucky the scout stays put or moves one tile SE, and Woden can kill him. Anyway, Salamis is up next turn. Second to a second city, that's respectable. I'm lagging in culture generation, but with no monuments and no city-states that's no surprise. Governments are still ~20 - 25 turns away for most people, which after pantheons are the next major cultural boost in power.

Trafalgar finishes its builder next turn. I still need 4 more turns on foreign trade, and I'm debating where to invest those 3 turns of production - I want a monument sometime soon, but it makes the most sense to start that AFTER we murder Kabul. Starting another settler - would that delay growth? If not, I might want to get those 3 turns invested. If it DOES slow growth, then I'll work on a slinger. When foreign trade finishes I'll switch to a trader - I want to press right up against the trade cap at all times.  

I accepted the deal this time, Woden, you didn't need to resend it. Mining due in 5 turns, then Sailing, then Irrigation before the dive to Currency.

The Archduke and Emeror K may have bought a builder or even a Settler if they met the City States early enough. Most likely at least Germany has a gold barring resource. I would say Truffles or Copper.

If Mike score improved by 3 points, that would be a district. 3 points for districts and 5 points for cities. Don't know if he would have been able to put out 2 districts already. If so, most likely a Campus and Holy Site. Will have to check the GP screen next turn.

If you kill teh scout, I am pretty sure I will need to kill 2 more barbs but I don't think that will be a problem. I have the camp on the east coast that I can attack in 5 or 6 turns and then I will bring my slinger by Salamis up to your capital and upgrade him to an archer, then go take out the camp by Valletta. So, unless Valletta takes them out before I can get there, we should be good. If they do, I am pretty sure there is another camp in the north somewhere. Seems you can always find a camp in the unexplored tundra.

I would go into another settler, speed up your growth curve. I don't think building the settler slows growth while building it, just takes a population when finished. Maybe a slinger would be good to explore north of your capital. Should only take 4 turns to complete.

Sorry to spam the thread but maybe a warrior ahead of taking Kabul? We should be able to take it once I can get enough gold to upgrade 3 slingers and maybe build another archer or 2.