I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Woden's and Chevalier Mal Fet's [Insert Clever Name Here] Team Thread

This is for reference, via Australian Patch Notes:

Multiplayer Teams have been added to Civilization VI and this feature builds on updates to the Alliance agreement. Players on teams gain additional benefits (beyond those of an alliance), as follows:
  • When one teammate finishes research on a tech or civic, their teammate(s) receive a boost for that tech or civic.
  • Teammates share war status against opponents not on their team.
  • Teammates share allied status with opponents not on their team.
  • Teammates work together to win or lose the game as a single entity. The Religion and Culture Victories have been reworked so they are more cooperative.
    • The Religion Victory requires you to convert all civs to ONE of the religions started by your team.
    • The Culture Victory requires ONE member of your team to be culturally dominant over all players NOT on your team.

So it looks like the main benefit is eurekas/inspirations for completed techs/civics. This might mean it would be good to have a strong science civ and a strong cultural civ, or at least have each focus on one?

(November 22nd, 2017, 21:58)Woden Wrote: This is for reference, via Australian Patch Notes:

Multiplayer Teams have been added to Civilization VI and this feature builds on updates to the Alliance agreement. Players on teams gain additional benefits (beyond those of an alliance), as follows:

[*]When one teammate finishes research on a tech or civic, their teammate(s) receive a boost for that tech or civic

So it looks like the main benefit is eurekas/inspirations for completed techs/civics. This might mean it would be good to have a strong science civ and a strong cultural civ, or at least have each focus on one?

Is this a bonus towards researching it, a beaker multiplier, or does this effectively GIVE you the Eureka/Inspiration? If it is the latter, does it occur on top of the normal Eureka/Inspiration boost, or does it occur in place of it?

Good discussion all around!

(November 22nd, 2017, 18:40)oledavy Wrote: In regards to what's available. It's probably worthwhile to simulate a draft at this point. It should give you some idea of what will be available. I did this with Scythia and Sumer banned, although if they're are, they probably should be unbanned for this game. Separate continents makes it pretty unlikely either will be able to rush. Here's my best stab at a draft:

1. Nubia
2. Rome
3. England
4. Australia
5. Germany
6. Persia
7. Russia
8. China

Looks to be a good list of what to expect. I do expect at least 3 DLCs and 1 team to pick 2 strong vanilla civs (maybe Japper and Mike). I am less convinced that someone is going to pick England, which might be nice for us. I think a lot of people underestimate their power when compared to some of the other civs, especially since this is not an island map. 

I could also see a group pairing Poland and Egypt for powerful trade routes or Khmer and Kongo for a relic economy. I could also see Indonesia being taken for better coastal cities. 

I am pretty stuck on Nubia. I just think they are one of the most OP civs with benefits that are valid all game. I think you can abuse chopping into ranged units for a 100% multiplier into anything and cheap districts into the later game plus if you get City Patron Goddess, you can spam cities all game because it is another campus/CH or whatever, districts are still viable. 

I do like Russia as the second choice. I would prefer a faith generating civ over a gold generating. Gold is easy to build up and we can always use Church Property for more gold. We should be able to get close to 20 cities between us. I think a secondary choice might be England if they are still around for trade routes. As for a third choice, I am not sure. There will be 5 religions in the game, so India could be viable or maybe Gorgo for someone who could speed through the civic tree?

(November 22nd, 2017, 22:06)oledavy Wrote:
(November 22nd, 2017, 21:58)Woden Wrote: This is for reference, via Australian Patch Notes:

[*]When one teammate finishes research on a tech or civic, their teammate(s) receive a boost for that tech or civic

[*]

Is this a bonus towards researching it, a beaker multiplier, or does this effectively GIVE you the Eureka/Inspiration? If it is the latter, does it occur on top of the normal Eureka/Inspiration boost, or does it occur in place of it?
[*]

I am pretty sure it just activates the boost (eureka/inspiration) if you don't have it, much like a research agreement.

oledavy might be right about going all out aggression early but I think if we see an opportunity, we might take it. I think it would be unexpected from us.

That being said, it doesn't really matter with Nubia. We can still spam ranged units with/without a production card and if we build encampments with barracks/armor, we should be able to get level 2 or 3 promotions quickly.

One reason I am excited about Nubia is that shortly after they came out, I start a deity game with them to try some of the new stuff out. I wasn't really focused on any victory but about the time I reached the industrial era, Brazil had launched Satellites and was on his way to victory. So, I decided to see how fast I could over take them. I spammed settlers and campuses everywhere and it didn't take long to catch up and steal victory form them. Don't get me wrong, the AI is not competent at all with science victories but I was very impressed with the power to build cheap districts and slingshot ahead. I should state I also took City Patron Goddess. In my mind, they are a builder civ with some nice military benefits. I am excited to see what they can do in an MP game.

(November 22nd, 2017, 18:48)oledavy Wrote: Returning briefly to Nkisi. You two could potentially try something really cute by pairing Kongo and Russia. Russia produces sculptures with Lavras, gives them to Kongo. Kongo also has an easy source of religion and gets access to all the beliefs despite not founding it. Found lots of large inland cities, keeping safely away from the sea. Maybe even go for a cultural win. If you wanted to try for one, this would be the combo to do it with.

The only problem here is that there is usually only 1 or 2 GAs that provide sculptures. I am with you, wanting to play Kongo in a PBEM. I think they can be a real strong civ. and would work well with Khmer but might come to late in the game. I think China and Russia might be a better combo for cultural victory. Get most of the early wonders for early tourism and then add the Great Works. I think you could have China build a bunch of museums and have Russia ship their great works to China. You might be able to get a cultural victory somewhere between T150 and T200, especially if no one has a strong cultural civilization.

I also think it might be a good idea to wait until Tuesday to pick to see what Firaxis is going to announce. What do you think?

For reference: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/n...be.624715/

The shared boosts make China a better pick, I think, if he gets the 60% eurekas on everything.

Right now my top three choices are Russia, then I still like Egypt (it hasn't been taken out for a spin yet, and I think it could be a fun civ to try out. It gives us exactly the bonuses we want), and after that perhaps England if it's left. Basic plan would be to set up my civ as an economic powerhouse - go for gold-generating founder beliefs, plop down harbors or commercial hubs wherever possible, and then feed Woden to support his own military (or even let him rush buy buildings/units). Any one of those three choices would be good, but I'd really like Russia so I could draft off Woden's science while the Lavras would ensure we don't lag too much in culture generation, if at all.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

(November 22nd, 2017, 23:37)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote: The shared boosts make China a better pick, I think, if he gets the 60% eurekas on everything.

Right now my top three choices are Russia, then I still like Egypt (it hasn't been taken out for a spin yet, and I think it could be a fun civ to try out. It gives us exactly the bonuses we want), and after that perhaps England if it's left. Basic plan would be to set up my civ as an economic powerhouse - go for gold-generating founder beliefs, plop down harbors or commercial hubs wherever possible, and then feed Woden to support his own military (or even let him rush buy buildings/units). Any one of those three choices would be good, but I'd really like Russia so I could draft off Woden's science while the Lavras would ensure we don't lag too much in culture generation, if at all.

That sounds like a good plan.

Chevalier Mal Fet, Are you good with going Nubia? Just checking before I make it official? Looks like people are getting anxious and am pretty sure they are right about an expansion.