For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Singaboy and Sullla's team thread

I build farms for the increase in housing cap pre feudalism and after that seldom for the food.

(May 25th, 2018, 08:32)Sullla Wrote: My point was that with two extra movement points on each ship, England likely could have manuevered to be out of range on the first turn of the war and find a way to get in the coveted first strike.

Sounds like you really haven't seen what happened there, so here it is. Chevalier miscounted how far Rome's frigates could move. He thought it was 4 tiles instead of 5. That's why his ships were in range of yours.

@ CF and Pindicator:

I would think the civ 4 way of making hills less valuable would be way easier, (though I don't know the ins and outs of the code, hill output may be hardcoded):

In civ 4 a hill gives +1 hammers, BUT -1 food, which makes it an actual tradeoff. You can also go the civ 5 way and make hills entirely without food (though zero food green hills were always "off" to me). The root of the problem lies in that you can grow just fine with grassland hills making them just objectively better than flatlands. Now I know saying things should be more like civ 4 is abit of a meme at this point, but I think it holds merit here; if I get offered the choice between adjacency boosted grassland farms or mines that yield only one food, or even zero on plains and tundra, I know what I'd improve...

(May 25th, 2018, 14:47)T-hawk Wrote:
(May 25th, 2018, 08:32)Sullla Wrote: My point was that with two extra movement points on each ship, England likely could have manuevered to be out of range on the first turn of the war and find a way to get in the coveted first strike.

Sounds like you really haven't seen what happened there, so here it is.  Chevalier miscounted how far Rome's frigates could move.  He thought it was 4 tiles instead of 5.  That's why his ships were in range of yours.

different kind of luck then. Sometimes it's better to be good than lucky.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.