Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Singaboy and Sullla's team thread

(November 24th, 2017, 20:04)Singaboy Wrote: What I mean is, all my plans with Germany and factories etc never materialized in PBEM2/4 due to the fact that I got attacked each time.

Siren  Siren  Siren ALTERNATIVE IDEA: There are no Civ bans, so with 2nd pick we get Sumeria. War Carts. "When fighting a joint war, Sumeria shares pillage rewards and combat experience with the closest allied unit within five tiles". We become prickliest pear #1.  Clint

Yeah, it sounds great in theory, but who are you attacking with war carts when everyone starts on their own continent? Are shared pillaging rewards and shared combat XP for units within 5 tiles really THAT good as a civ ability? I think this is one of those things that sounds a lot better in theory than it would be in practice. Obviously up to you guys of course.
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

Nah, I think this is too gamey. Pillaging is overrated if you ask me. It's good to heal and the occasional boost but pillaging districts is now a bad idea of you want to take over those cities. And then you need the other party to be within 5 tiles.

I think as #2 to choose a civ, we got the obvious advantage to take either Rome or Germany. I favor Rome here.

Starting Screenshot:

Woden has chosen Nubia.

So, what are you going to take BrickAstley? I said it before and I think Rome is a good choice. Looking at the starting locations, maybe Rome can take the right location and then China/Russia the left.
Of course, we have to look at the possibility that both are taken, we should develop a back up plan for this case.

Just thinking a little, settling in place might be the best option in both cases. Rome could go for the irrigation and unlock it for China to make use of the bananas too.

I would send the western warrior west, while the eastern warrior could first move SW and then head southeast from there. Both work the bananas for growth. One player to build a slinger (Rome?) while the other goes for a scout to get the CS bonuses fast? I suggest one player to concentrate on defense versus barbarians while the other busts the fog.

Thank you for the screenshot Cornflakes!

Hmm, this is a good starting position for either Rome or Germany. Both starts look excellent, with lots of strong tiles to grow onto. Is there any way to check the yields of some of the tiles with the resources? The resource icon itself is blocking the tile yields from view on a couple of them. Perhaps a non-strategic mode screenshot? Anyway, I would probably take Rome for now and figure out where to place each civ later on, once there's a better understanding of what other civ you end up landing. I will say that this land looks bad for a Nubia first pick with the lack of desert or floodplains. If Woden has something similar to this, he shouldn't have made that his civ selection. The lack of visible stone anywhere in sight (for an early Stonehenge build) is also a setback for a potential China pick. With so many high yield resource tiles here, it would shape up nicely for a potential Russia pick though.

Let's see what happens with the rest of the snake pick. nod

EDIT: crossposted with Singaboy. I also agree about settling in place with both spots, I can't see a move that gets a better 2-production center tile plant or a better resource distribution. This definitely looks like a start where early Irrigation would be strong, and settler before builder is probably the way to go with one of the two starts (not the other - need to unlock the Craftsmanship boost for whoever is playing as Rome).

@Sulla,

the jungle bananas are 3f1h usually. Cows would be plain 3f, citrus 4f. I think the sheep is 2f2h.

So, we both agree on Rome for the first pick. I think it's a very strong pick that can propel us really nicely forward in the culture game. By the way Oral Tradition looks juicy for the western civ with bananas, spices, sugar AND citrus. That's +4 culture just in the capital.

Right, I know that jungle bananas are normally 3/1 tiles and a really strong one in the early game. I just can't tell if that's also a hill tile for the even sweeter 3/2 yield. smile

I agree, a screenshot in the standard view giving us exact yield would be perfect for bean counting smile