Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Singaboy and Sullla's team thread

We are live!

With resources:

Without resources:

Japper did not settle, EmperorK did.

Rome could potentially use three wheat with a water mill. Nothing spectacular revealed at this moment. I like the CoL 6 turns. Rome is great!

Turn 1:

As discussed, I move one tile east to settle close to the spices next turn. At the same time, my warrior moves west to uncover more desert including an oasis. The location could be good for a potential Petra city.
No signs of stone yet.

The score shows that Woden and Japper did not settle as well.

[Image: MyIKrkI.jpg]

While switching over to different lenses, I spot this:
We are located on two continents, which is excellent as we should get 8 luxury resources and of course, the inspiration for Foreign Trade. It did not show for me yet, maybe I need to settle a city first.

BRick, did you get the Inspiration for FT?

[Image: 0wevy9L.jpg]

Question for me:
1. Start with slinger or scout? I prefer a slinger for the Eureka (Archery)
2. Where to send the warrior next turn. I could move onto the Oasis (2 tile movement) or move 1SW to continue with a slow semicircle south?

That's some beautiful local terrain! thumbsup Lots of plains hills and enough food to grow onto them. I think we'll want to use some of the early gold generation in this game to purchase key tiles around both cities if the cultural tile picker doesn't choose them. The 5/0 sugar tile and the 1/3 forested plains hill tile are the top priorities for China while Rome will probably want to grab its own 1/3 forested plains hill. We'll see what the tile picker chooses to focus on. As far as responding to questions posed for discussion:

* I also think slinger-first for China. Good for local defense and hopefully will land the Archery boost.

* I think move the Chinese warrior north towards the oasis and then try to loop around clockwise to the north. This lines up with the movement of the Roman warrior: I think we should send it southwest around that mountain. Brick needs to get the boost for Foreign Trade quickly because Rome piles up culture so fast, and this way Rome can move southwest and see what's down there, pick up the boost, and then circle counterclockwise to the east. This reveals more of the immediate land around China than the land around Rome, but that's by design because China is going settler second while Rome is going builder second. We need to investigate the land around China and hopefully identify a city location with stone to send the settler there for Stonehenge.

I have to admit, I do like the modded interface as well. Very handy for MP purposes.
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

I forgot to enable the UI MOD, shall do it next turn.

I think, Brick should get the Inspiration as we both share sight. City states work that way in team games as well. Once discovered by one player, the other has the contact too.

So, lets move in sync, Rome SW, China NW. I would send the warrior two tiles SE then turn west around the mountain to its south

And Brick, take a screenshot of your tile picker, your tiles will be connected a lot faster than mine thanks to Rome's culture. I might need gold from you to buy the rice or forested hill.

Guess I don't need to go your way, I got the inspiration interturn!

Looks like I grow on the wheat next. I really love the "hover over the city" functionality in this mod

Turn 2:

It gets interesting early on. 
First, I settle the capital and have a look at the UI of the city. Spices are being worked. A slinger produced. The tile cost is 50 gold at the moment. Let's see where the city is going to grow next. Then we can decide whether to buy a tile.
Ideally, I should work spices -> sugar -> forest hill for maximum growth and production.

[Image: Y5zZHym.jpg]

Moving my warrior NW I get the inspiration for FT and have to get used to China's 60% bonus smile
Then, while moving north I spot red tiles via the settler lense jive There has got to be a city state very close. I can't spot any borders yet but should run into them maybe even next round.

[Image: VV6V4JI.jpg]

And the overview over the combined empire (for Sulla too). The Oasis location just got a lot more interesting as there are cows too for better growth and hill stone to the west for stonehenge. This in fact, might be the spot for city #2.

[Image: Fw6YTZm.jpg]

Further to note, that everyone has settled, I am the last player to do so. Rome has some horses to the SE which should be claimed before we get barbarian trouble there. I suggest to let the Roman warrior uncover a little of the land east and northeast of the horses. There might be a river there. The river south of Rome is good to have in any case.

I am looking at a potential spot to settle the desert city, which could build both Petra and Stonehenge to decide where is the best locations. The copper hills would be awesome with Petra.

Question here: Can stonehenge be built next to the stone hill even if the stone tile does not yet fall within the city borders? The city location would be best on top of the Oasis, but that's not possible...Hmm, need to think about it

By the way, BRick, do you prefer me to hide my screenshots under spoilers?

Yay stone! jive The tile west of the oasis looks like a strong possibility for that settler coming out of China. Because there's no stone at the capital, the second city definitely must have stone to get Stonehenge done quickly. We want to get the first Great Prophet and lock in some of the best religious beliefs. Jesuit Education + Defender of the Faith would be absolutely amazing, and even Russia shouldn't be able to beat China to the first Great Prophet if we're diligent about getting Stonehenge done quickly. With China in the game, I can't imagine anyone else gambling on an early Stonehenge build. The desert area looks like an excellent place to build Pyramids and Petra later on, which would take that region from mediocre to fantastic.

I'm very interested to see what tile Xi'an selects with the tile picker next turn... and if it stays on that tile on the following turn. Xi'an has amazing terrain but most of it's in the second ring, and I agree that we'll want to invest some money into working the sugar and 1/3 plains hill forest tiles. Rome is probably OK for the moment; it will grab the wheat tile quickly due to the free monument and then, with luck, will go for its own 1/3 forested plains hill. Pooling the money of both civs together to help China develop faster seems like a good idea.

I don't know if the stone resource must be within cultural range for Stonehenge to be built. I want to do some testing of how China's unique ability works when combined with modifiers from things like Autocracy, the Corvee (+15% production towards early wonders) policy, and Monument to the Gods pantheon. I'll experiment a bit this weekend and let you know what I find.
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord