Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Singaboy and Sullla's team thread

Turn 4:
Nothing really happened. Rome and China are exploring with their warriors. Rome spotted some deer tile (hidden in my screenshot), E-SE of the warrior. My warrior is moving SW revealing more next turn.

Sugar is the chosen tile for expansion in 2 turns. No change here. Everybody's score is 6+6.

[Image: zRb1rbh.jpg]

(December 2nd, 2017, 16:42)suboptimal Wrote:
(December 1st, 2017, 21:35)Sullla Wrote: I'm very interested to see what tile Xi'an selects with the tile picker next turn... and if it stays on that tile on the following turn.

My guess is that it will take sugar -> citrus -> bananas with no flip-flopping. mischief

And by guess you mean meticolously adding up the tile values and adjusting for new tile acquisitions.  lol

(December 4th, 2017, 03:44)Ituralde Wrote:
(December 2nd, 2017, 16:42)suboptimal Wrote:
(December 1st, 2017, 21:35)Sullla Wrote: I'm very interested to see what tile Xi'an selects with the tile picker next turn... and if it stays on that tile on the following turn.

My guess is that it will take sugar -> citrus -> bananas with no flip-flopping. mischief

And by guess you mean meticolously adding up the tile values and adjusting for new tile acquisitions.  lol

thumbsup

Although I've actually gotten to the point that I can run the numbers in my head.   crazyeye

Ha, then you can predict whether Rome's forest hill is next for Rome?

Looking good so far. Did we have a chance to find out what quest the Cultural city state assigned for Brick?

Replying to this subject on the previous page:

Singaboy Wrote:Rome would still need to finish craftsmanship in order for China to get the Inspiration. I assume you did consider this in your plan. Anyway, that should not be a problem for Rome considering the culture that it makes. It would also mean that the second Chinese city might have to buy a builder taking into account that it will be 54 hammers.

Yes, we will need Brick to finish Craftmanship to provide China with the inspiration. That's the main incentive for Rome going builder before settler, that and unlocking boosts for several other techs with the initial builder. I don't think we'll need to purchase a builder at the second Chinese city either. That city should get founded around Turn 25 and it should be able to knock out a self-trained builder in about a dozen turns. There's no immediate need for a granary or monument in that second city, and hopefully we'll have enough local units to be safe from barbarians. Random barb spawn from camps is my biggest worry at the moment, and I hope that having two civs nearby will be enough to shut that down if it arises as an issue. Having actual units and not scouts as the first build choices will help with that too.

Obviously this is getting ahead of ourselves. There's about a full month of real world time before that second Chinese city gets founded. I get antsy with a slow turn pace though. smile
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

(December 4th, 2017, 18:41)Sullla Wrote: Looking good so far. Did we have a chance to find out what quest the Cultural city state assigned for Brick?

Construct a campus.....

That should be doable really.

I agree an annexing Buenos Aires as soon as possible. I managed to take a prince difficulty CS with a mere slinger and warrior + galley. I guess two archers and two warriors might be enough here.

As for turn pace, it's currently at roughly a turn a day which, given that it's 8 of us, is pretty decent.

Turn 5:

Intruder ALERT! South of Rome's warrior, we spot a barbarian scout. BRick, that scout must not reach your city borders. Or intercept him and kill him. It will move before you, so try and kill him before he can run back southeast. If the camp is somewhat near the horses, it needs to be dealt with asap. I might need to send my slinger for help if necessary.

[Image: OuZs9kL.jpg]

Emperor K's city is the first to grow, Rome should be growing next turn before it's Xian's turn.

I move the warrior south onto the stone hill and I think I spot the Ocean to the south, too. The continent might not be so big after all. I am using the strategic view to be able to show all the land we uncovered.

[Image: fNc0YNV.jpg]

So far we have only spotted sugar and incense on one continent and citrus on the other. There ought to be 8 luxuries for two continents.

I would have but the scout disappeared... Kept going around my capital and found cocoa

Cocoa is great, one of the best luxury items in my mind. I just played T6 and will post two screenshots later. Need to head for work