Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[NO PLAYERS] PBEM 7 Map Making & Lurkers

It's not just about Kongo / Khmer not benefiting from JE or China / Rome not having what they should have had, it's also about the other teams not having to face JE now at all, it all ripples from there. While I also think the players are the only ones that should decide to continue or not and I'd like them to do I second T-hawk's point of this being irreversibly tainted.

It's been a while since I played civ 6 but didn't they taking this belief rule out other options they would have gotten to eventually? So not allowing them to use Jesuit education would be a punishment rather than resetting things to even?

I don't think Mike should be banned or forced to start a new account, because I generally believe in giving people second chances. I would understand if others did not want to play with him again, but I'd be willing to do so in future games if he commits to playing fairly. I also realise this is a lot easier for me to say as someone who was not hurt by his actions though.

The idea of a lurker going through his savefiles and making sure he plays fairly seems silly to me. It does not sound like a fun experience either for him or the lurker. I guess if two parties are willing to do it then why not, but it feels like a pretty negative solution.

(January 12th, 2018, 17:18)Modo Wrote: It's not just about Kongo / Khmer not benefiting from JE or China / Rome not having what they should have had, it's also about the other teams not having to face JE now at all, it all ripples from there. While I also think the players are the only ones that should decide to continue or not and I'd like them to do I second T-hawk's point of this being irreversibly tainted.

Your not a DL after all. Welcome to RB. smile

(January 12th, 2018, 14:55)Alhambram Wrote: Cornflakes, regarding that Sulla's magically healing warrior at turn 42, is that also due fiddling with save by Mike? Or is that caused by other bug?

Probably caused by him messing up the editing somehow.

IP bans won't work due to VPN.

Cornflakes's original sanctions would cripple Japper/Mike's civs alone. However, that doesn't matter. If the players don't like that it's their fault for playing with unverified players. If they played without cheats they would be just as crippled as they are now. Would we really restart a game if they didn't cheat and just sucked? It would be the same.

Getting ripped off of Jesuit Education hurts but Sullla and singaboy are willing to eat it.

Well it looks like this game will be restarted. Lame!

However, it appears that Woden/Chev don't understand how weak Japper/Mike's civ would be. If they are on the fence about restarting now they would want to restart. The other teams would want to restart too. Final rankings for this game; from best to worst:

Team 4 Woden (Nubia) / ChevalierMalFet (England)--Eating civs is way too much for the game to handle due to lack of a corruption system. Setters scaling makes it even worse.

Team 3 Sullla (Rome) /Singaboy (China)--They now have the additional edge over Russia/Germany by bordering Japper/Mike's civs. Losing Jesuit Education will not be enough especially because they got a good replacement in divine inspiration. A team getting eliminated also speeds up the course of the game making Jesuit Education less important.

Team 2 Emperor K (Germany) /TheArchduke (Russia)
Team 1 Japper (Kongo) /Mikeforall (Khmer)

Edit: This might be my last post. Although I made only ~30 of them only 6 of the posts were during the game. This was caused by teamers being new and the way mike cheated being weird.

Japper would need all the help he could get anyway so cornflakes joining is okay.

Well it looks like the game will go on. Woden has posted in such a way that it's clear he knows how bad mike/Japper is too. You did your best to interfere in the game t-hawk but no-one can stop sullla! smile

So the sanctions will be:
--Cornflakes original; replacing missionaries with not being able to use JE.
--10 turns until they can change governments after being able to (monument).
--Something about the brought granary, Cornflakes?

I'm pretty sure that oledavy wouldn't want to dedlurk anymore...

This will be my last post here and then I'll stay out since I'm taking over Mike's position. If you need my input on anything you can post in Japper's/Mike's-now-mine team thread.

I'm fine with not being able to use JE rather than deleting missionaries. I don't think there is a good solution to the granary purchase. Khmer's capital lost a population with the settler purchase which is going to be deleted so that should compensate for any of the food the the granary is generating. If you guys think something else is necessary you can discuss and get back to me. To re-cap the list of sanctions:

1) No use of Jesuit Education ever
2) Deleting the two archers which were purchased, also delete whatever is currently the least expensive unit that can be purchased (may need to wait a couple of turns to accumulate enough gold to make the purchase)
3) Delete the settler that is currently on the map
4) Wait 10 turns minimum after reaching Political Philosophy before changing out of Chiefdom government

delete the trader as well ?

Under different circumstances the archer that cannot be deleted yet could induced them not to attack but not here. So the lurkers don't have to do anything.