I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[NO PLAYERS] PBEM 7 Map Making & Lurkers

mackoti spilled the beans! frown

To be honest that post is so poorly worded that sullla will get the wrong impression. It also implies that them not being able to use JE will be important which will not be the case. Due to the fact that the post will actually put them at a disadvantage we don't have to do anything to balance things out.

(January 15th, 2018, 02:27)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: mackoti spilled the beans! frown

To be honest that post is so poorly worded that sullla will get the wrong impression. It also implies that them not being able to use JE will be important which will not be the case. Due to the fact that the post will actually put them at a disadvantage we don't have to do anything to balance things out.

I am very courious how that post will put them at disadvantage, and I informed them about how they are penalized with what team Japper stealed for them and told there are other stuff , so I dont know what big spoil was that informing there was a'punish",but whateverer.Is very important for them to know there were measures   so we continue have a good game.

And now for something completely different…

The more I think about it, the more I think Sullla might be right to be upset about Cornflakes taking over the Khmer. It all seems so sacrilegious somehow.

After all, Cornflakes literally designed and created this map. He later revealed game-changing truths about the game’s mechanics with the district discount formula. Not to mention, he’s read everyone’s threads so he knows everything about everyone’s plans. I would be concerned too, if I were Sullla.

But, of course, Cornflakes is just trying to salvage the game for everyone. Fortunately, I think it will all work out, because unbeknownst to Sullla, Cornflakes is probably going to end up dying for all of Mike’s sins.

It’s for the best though, since if Cornflakes somehow did manage to overrun everyone else, I am pretty sure Sullla and the others would crucify him.

At least, once the Khmer are eliminated he won’t have to deal with any of this anymore. I mean what are the odds someone would liberate his capital and resurrect him? It would be a miracle!

Hmmm, when you put it that way, it all seems so, familiar somehow…  contemplate

(January 15th, 2018, 05:46)hzhp800 Wrote: And now for something completely different…

The more I think about it, the more I think Sullla might be right to be upset about Cornflakes taking over the Khmer. It all seems so sacrilegious somehow.

After all, Cornflakes literally designed and created this map. He later revealed game-changing truths about the game’s mechanics with the district discount formula. Not to mention, he’s read everyone’s threads so he knows everything about everyone’s plans. I would be concerned too, if I were Sullla.

But, of course, Cornflakes is just trying to salvage the game for everyone. Fortunately, I think it will all work out, because unbeknownst to Sullla, Cornflakes is probably going to end up dying for all of Mike’s sins.

It’s for the best though, since if Cornflakes somehow did manage to overrun everyone else, I am pretty sure Sullla and the others would crucify him.

At least, once the Khmer are eliminated he won’t have to deal with any of this anymore. I mean what are the odds someone would liberate his capital and resurrect him? It would be a miracle!

Of course he is and he has the right to be, but he is ready to carry on the game and from what i seen and i understand about civ6 cornflakes cant save the game for his team just to make somehow dificult for woden which is very good for sulla, because a 'noob' would take over the wooden team would just destroy them easily so actualy having someone better to play is better then having someone weak.

"some unfair advantages" implies that only some of it was taken away. Civ is also a snowball game so taking away "the same" later is weak by itself. Your posts is also worded in such away that implies that not having JE is important (your not a native English speaker so you cannot feel this) when it won't be. I will LOL if cornflakes manages to build a single campus. I'm sure sullla would change his mind about this if he knew how weak Khmer was.

I think they're going to come to regret pretty quickly not just killing this game and restarting.

This is but a taste of things to come.

(January 15th, 2018, 11:59)oledavy Wrote: I think they're going to come to regret pretty quickly not just killing this game and restarting.

This is but a taste of things to come.

I agree. I can't see how you can build a good game out of a rotten base. I think T-Hawk said it pretty well in the tech thread. We can only hope that things will work out and that no bad blood will happen between players that have nothing to do with the original problem.

But if Woden/CMF end up conquering Khmer and Kongo and catapult themselves to the strongest position, I think the other teams will react very poorly, perhaps even questioning if the penalties were too harsh. In this sense, Singa and Sullla actually have a good case: the hit they got by the Khmer cheat wasn't fixed by the penalties, while Woden/CMF's hit was and even, it might seem, with some advantage (which is pretty legitimate for them to conclude, considering the imperfect information).

(January 15th, 2018, 05:46)hzhp800 Wrote: And now for something completely different…

I should probably be clear that my post above is completely in jest. I was actually more interested in showing that Cornflakes was inadvertently playing the role of "God" in a Christian allegory because I find it amusing. 

For the record, I am actually totally fine with Cornflakes taking over and trying to salvage this game. In fact, I actually think because of the weak position of the Khmer/Kongo team and the coming invasion it is good for the perceived fairness of the game that they have a player like Cornflakes as a replacement since I am hoping that his perceived advantages will offset the sense that Nubia and England are simply benefiting unfairly from the aftermath of the cheating.

I do think we should try to make the existence of a punishment and the extent of it as clear as possible to the other players. I think this would help the other players' motivation and morale. If we are worried about spoilers then we can craft a statement that is suitably vague about the specifics but very clear about the intent and severity.

I take it that many lurkers are concerned that this game is in jeopardy because Singaboy and Sullla have not been compensated at all for the loss of Jesuit Education. Sure the Khmer can't use it but that doesn't really help them.

It occurs to me that technically we can still do something about that. We can send the Sullla and Singaboy team a lump sum of gold to try and offset some of their losses from not being able to purchase buildings with faith. It would obviously not have to be too big since gold is more versatile than faith and since they are getting it earlier in a lump sum its contributions to a snowball help offset the loss of what would have been more staggered JE faith purchases. 

If we can determine a reasonable amount we would be able to give it to them without hurting anyone else since as Mikeforall's cheating demonstrates we can produce gold for the Khmer out of thin air. That means we have a way to produce the gold that doesn't further punish the Khmer.

I am assuming that even in the worst case scenario for the Khmer that they will make contact with Singaboy and Sullla before they die. Upon contact we could mandate that before any genuine diplomatic relations Cornflakes deploys the cheat one last time to gift the money to China with a brief explanation in the tech thread that it was partial compensation for JE.

Since the terms of the penalty/compensation/resolution have not been made public to the players we could theoretically still do this.

Just a thought.

My english is bad  so i will say it directly this is bad ideea.