Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[NO PLAYERS] PBEM 7 Map Making & Lurkers

Why does Sullla think that they didn't keep the city?

Edit: The UI doesn't consider a city to be "your city" until it's annexed to you. This makes sense because the city is almost useless until peace is signed.

(January 21st, 2018, 17:30)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: Why does Sullla think that they didn't keep the city?

For example if you see empire score of someone decrease with 6 points (city with 1 population) and don't see others increase of 6 in their empire score due adding conquered city, that means that city has been razed.

(January 21st, 2018, 17:33)Alhambram Wrote:
(January 21st, 2018, 17:30)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: Why does Sullla think that they didn't keep the city?

For example if you see empire score of someone decrease with 6 points (city with 1 population) and don't see others increase of 6 in their empire score due adding conquered city, that means that city has been razed.

I messed up. It was razed. I'm pretty sure that Aqueduct will make it useful but that might not be worth the price of never being able to sign peace again...

I'm pretty sure that city-gifting in teamers is going to get banned because it could be used to slingshot (this is in response to Sullla to saying that Rome cannot use China's workers).

If it becomes obvious that Sullla is going to win the game I'll joke that 90% of my posts in this thread were me drumming "pick China", "pick China" and "pick China". That's not true through. In reality it is mostly me asking dumb questions, "pick China!" and me reacting to MikeForAll gold-cheating (mostly because I have no idea of why someone would even think of doing it and thought restarting was dumb because 90%+ problems of the game going on were actually caused by Khmer just sucking not the cheating).

Yet again Cornflakes saves the day, how shall he be nicknamed after this PBEM? The Savior, The Creator or other ideas?

Points not worth own post:

1. Amusingly the in-game article for the campus is correct and the wiki messed it up. The wiki is right 90% of the time when it goes against in-game articles but not here.

2. I wonder how Sullla will react when he finds out that the Khmer weren't actually punished, yet. They cannot switch governments for ten turns and lost JE but that hasn't hurt them yet. They just had to delete the units they pulled out of the aether. I don't think he'll be too shocked because he played in a game were replacing a player with AI was actually an improvement.

It has come to my attention that Scythia actually kept it's insane double-horses. Who cares about lack of synergy and conquest being a weak strategy? That's just way too much and they should have been picked first. Oh well....

I don't understand. City-gifting happened in PBEM#4 and wasn't talked about. Why are people surprised?

That wasn't a team game, so there were always disadvantages to gifting a city away. As demonstrated by it only happening once, and in arguably cheesy circumstances. Unless you count the Germany-England peace treaty.

Here alliances are absolute, so it's always sensible to hand a city over to your teammate if it benefits them more than you. That practice would be fine if it weren't for the exploits available around civ unique bonuses and faith abilities.