Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[NO PLAYERS] PBEM 7 Map Making & Lurkers

I think all those layouts look great, but I prefer the narrow land bridges for canal-making purposes.

City state proposals are good - have you got any thoughts on balancing types of cs?

I quite like the lack of horizontal contact, but if the consensus is for contact then a few 1-tile islands might do the trick.

Do the ice caps allow ocean travel to the north and south of the continents?

City state types cannot be selected in the worldbuilder, they have to be rolled randomly. I can only affect the city state starting locations.

The ice caps to allow east/west travel from sea-to-sea, but they do not wrap around to connect the north sea with the south

How's this for a map? I added a couple more land tiles along the land bridges, and sprinkled in some extra strategics. I have the starts for each team grouped in the middle of their respective blox. I have not added in the city states yet. I numbered the screenshot for easier reference with any comment that you have.

Starting blobs:

Land Bridges

The landforms themselves, in terms of shape, look great. Also got one natural wonder per land mass.

I think there may need to be a little more desert on these maps, particularly on Blob #4 which has all of two desert tiles. A lack of desert would be a nerf to Nubia and based on the conversations so far at least one team may be picking them.

How is your script setting the initial tile heights (if at all)? Hills are being generated but except for an actual mountain chain on Blob 3 all of the mountains look like there were placed by the AddLonelyMountains function in MoutainsCliffs.lua (note: not a criticism, just an observation)

Terrain is placed by the default scripts. I am only manipulating the land vs water designation, everything else including terrain, features, etc. are placed by the default scripts.

Looks good. As far as I can see each blob has at least two strategic resources, except 1 is missing coal and only has one aluminium and 4 only has one aluminium as well.

1 has a coal down on the land bridge to 4. It's behind the plot selector window.

I don't understand why people like Kongo so much.

If someone takes Kongo we might very well see some new tactics (or an attempt at a cultural win).

Regarding the "why didn't anyone in PBEM 6 take Nubia" talk they'd have to ask Alhambram. He took Persia over Nubia.

Well it looks like Sullla is going to dedlurk...

I cannot tell what the banned list for civ is. Can someone point me in the right direction?

For the Snake Picks Persia and China would stick out. China because the Colosseum isn't banned and they cannot be stopped from reaching it. And Persia would have someone to DoW on to pick up the insane +2 movement.