Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[NO PLAYERS] PBEM 7 Map Making & Lurkers

It appears that they only banned Scythia and Sumer. Because alliances unlock later and they failed to add a "you cannot DoW" rule my plan would work. So you would draft Persia first. Due to the fact that you are going to get declared on a lot in order to help the Persia's you cannot consider team/alliance synergies and you would be hampered by not being able to trade luxes. China would seem to be a great partner to Persia then because the Colosseum would solve happiness. Persia could even get the Colosseum (they need it more because they would do most of the warning) by city gifting the city they want China to build it in and taking it back.

Nevermind. I confused teams with alliances so my plan wouldn't work. I did that because teams were added in a patch. So I would pick China first and then react when the snake pick gets back to me.

Here are all 4 team starts. Made a couple of changes to the immediate territory surrounding the capitals, trying to balance them a bit. Please let me know if you have any further comments. If no comments I plan on randomly assigning these to the teams and posting these screenshots in the team threads in about 24 hours. Next up, adding in city states.

I like the idea of starting screenshots before civ picks. It loses the possibility of accommodating starting terrain biases, but at least no-one can complain about this if they've seen the start position before they choose.

Is that a natural wonder right next to Team 2 West?

Yes, I can’t move the natural wonder, but if I move the starts further east it lands in the desert and the river ends. It would take heavier editing to move that start.

(November 24th, 2017, 12:52)Emperor K Wrote: With all civs open i do not think there are any bans. I am fine with having no bans, if others would like to ban something I am fine with as well.

In before the Scythia ban

If you move the Team 2 West start 1 tile NW it is still a river start but the Pantanal might be hidden from view until the warrior moves.

(November 24th, 2017, 21:53)suboptimal Wrote: If you move the Team 2 West start 1 tile NW it is still a river start but the Pantanal might be hidden from view until the warrior moves.

That is true, I will swap those tiles and then post the starting screenshots.

Dang! Scythia didn't get banned. They are so insane that the anti-synergy doesn't matter. Water isn't as big as a deal when your units get boats for free. Summer peaks too fast to work on a map like this. So I would pick Scythia first and then react when the pick gets back to me.

City State locations. Starts are numbered the same as previously. Note that I took these screenshots before updating one of the starts shifting it 1NW as noted above.