I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[NO PLAYERS] PBEM 7 Map Making & Lurkers

Nevermind. They nerfed Scythia in a patch. So my plan would be to pick China first and then Germany/Rome. Germany is more powerful while Rome synergies with China more and has a powerful defensive UU to protect the boom.

I think that Sullla and singaboy will love Archduke forever for picking Russia. They are overating Stonehenge, you have to build a holy site anyway (cannot recruit) and every team will get a religion anyway. They also don't understand how powerful the Colosseum is. It reach up to ten cites. That's ten free monuments and 7.5 luxuries.

From worst to best:

Team 1 Japper (Kongo) /Mikeforall (Khmer)-- The gimmick will be shot down. They haven't done anything impressive at RB. I know about Pitboss #4 but the dream coming real was only possible because of extreme luck (lying UI+you cannot win a game of Civ4 in fifty turns).

Team 4 Woden (Nubia) / ChevalierMalFet (England)-- This is a pairing between two good civs. One is for Production&Science and one is for Faith&Gold. Nubia is obviously strong and England is still strong even if the map is hostile to it because of the RND increasing your trade routes (England can stack commercial and harbor district's trade routes). The problem with this team is that the people below them have better players or even better civs.

Team 2 Emperor K (Germany) /TheArchduke (Russia)-- Very nasty pairing. Germany is just better than Nubia and Russia is a great fit for them. Archduke is now a very good player too.

Team 3 BrickAstley (Rome) /Singaboy (China)-- Germany and Russia are better civs than Rome and China. But Rome and China synergies much better so they would be about even. Singaboy and Brick would be about equal to Archduke and Emperor K. What pushes this team over the top is access to Sullla and the Colosseum.

(November 26th, 2017, 13:36)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: I think that Sullla and singaboy will love Archduke forever for picking Russia. They are overating Stonehenge, you have to build a holy site anyway (cannot recruit) and every team will get a religion anyway. They also don't understand how powerful the Colosseum is. It reach up to ten cites. That's ten free monuments and 7.5 luxuries.

Damn, I didn't even know that the Colosseum also extends its culture, I always thought it was just for amenities. Thanks for pointing that out, no idea how I was able to overlook it.

Regarding the Kongo / Khmer pick:
It looks like the cute factor of Martyrs and Relics wasn't the main focus of their pick. At least I haven't seen them mention it in their thread.
Does anyone know, whether Religious Combat is possible between Team members?

I mean you don't have to be at war for it, right? And Kongo gets Apostles when completing Mbenzas or Theatre Districts. Kongo can then use those Apostles to slaugther Khmers missionaries for relics. Still a cute strategy, but actually doable.

Singaboy's mistake in PBEM4 was attacking Japper not Archduke (or not attacking anyone). Stacking GA's is so broken that Archduke would have face-smashed him by himself.

Edit: Not worth own post but for some reason Sullla forgot about Archduke having Rome in PBEM1

Archduke and Emperor K are talking about conquering the commercial CSs. I find that very odd. It's not that hard to get to the point where each CH will give +8 (3 envoys in each) and even +16 is doable (6 envoys in each). Also, the suzerain bonus synnergizes with International TRs and CHs (+1 amenity per CH). In my opinion, finding CSs from similar types is jackpot when you want to make a Civ speacialized  (you get stacked bonuses). Yet, they are complaining and want to conquer the cities. I don't understand.

Singaboy and Sullla seem to think that TheArcduke/Emperor K team already captured a city state based upon increase of 6 points. In reality all what Emperor K did was build a Lavra, reason for confusion is that Unique Districts as Lavra's or Greece Acropolises gives 6 points at scoreboard instead normal 3 for any normal districts. That is why everyone would be cautions of numbers and data's given by UI, they can be fooling players quite often.

Edit: they can solve the mystery themselves next time they checks Great People Screen, they would notice increase in points for Great Prophet, Writer, Artist and Musician from Lavra.

Not owning Civ6 yet, so that might be a noob question: could you swap tiles between teammates cities or is that just restricted to same player cities ?
(was thinking mainly with russia getting too many tiles and wanting to possibly give some back to germany if they settle close enough)

(December 15th, 2017, 19:43)Jabah Wrote: Not owning Civ6 yet, so that might be a noob question: could you swap tiles between teammates cities or is that just restricted to same player cities ?
(was thinking mainly with russia getting too many tiles and wanting to possibly give some back to germany if they settle close enough)

nope. There's special rules for teamers but this wouldn't be one of them. Both teams would be able to use the same tile due to sequential turns which would be silly.