Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Archduke and Emperor K team thread

Turn 26

We are still in the lead for the first Great Prophet, and I get to pick a pantheon. Spent a minute, ultimately went with Divine Spark. Next turn will be at 3gppt and I will chop the lavra in swampbram. 2 Turns until project is done. I would really like to get shrines done next but may run another project.

[Image: PBEM7_26_capital.jpg]

Another scout has shown up so Military will have to be next. Instead of chopping a forest at holybram I am thinking about improving the ivory, holybram will be size 5 soon enough and I do not want to get unhappy citizens. A builder also is needed to get the inspiration, so I will have to think on that.

As for our slow moving scout

[Image: PBEM7_26_scout.jpg]

Nothing new, wanted to see what was south. What do you think, keep going south or head into the what I assume is the middle of the map?

I like the Empire of warhammer theme.

Yeah, switched to the best german themed city name sheme I know. Most fantasy is not german if any good.

With the lavra done, a 2nd project might be overkill, we decide next turn.

I am very confident that the project guy is Khmer, so only Stonehenge can beat us now, as Khmer only has one city.

Craftsmanship inspiration will be taken care by me very soon, do not worry about that.

The Ivory however does sound good, lets see where we end up with the Lavra and the finished project.

Religion is not to far away so I would like to bring up the Choral Music of Jesuit Education picks.

Both are awesome, I intend to build a lavra  in every city to support a faith economy, that means I will have a shrine and or temple in all cities, which make choral music shine.

Even so production will be limited so being able to purchase buildings for my science and theater districts would be nice. Help me keep up in science and possibly take the lead in culture.

I think the best decision is how many theater and science districts do you think I will need? The more I get the more Jesuit Education looks better. I do think the safer option is the Choral Music, I will most likely get extra science from sending my trade routes to you, no need to try and keep up with you in science just stay far enough behind to get the bonus.

I am still torn though on which to pick. lol probably did not help with this post.

Turn 27

Lavra at swampbram is complete, next turn should start pushing out 6 great people points per turn, then in 2 turns project finishes and that should get the religion. Choral Music is still what I am thinking. So shrines in both cities.

[Image: PBEM7_27_capital.jpg]

And no new news from the middle of the map. I think that strip of land south leads back to our area so I am heading closer to the middle.

[Image: PBEM7_27_scout.jpg]

Choral music, we want to use faith for units. And hopefully we get Defender of Faith.

Alswambram needs a barb and fogbuster soonish for that holy site south.

The question is really how many cities size 10 you will have. We want holy, commercial and theatre in your size 7 cities.

My size 7 cities ill have commercial, industrial, campus and then entertainment districts.

Choral music is just the better bet imo, and I really do not want to get faith production as Germany. I get my pantheon too late for that.

Religion name: Alhambrism?
Unholy Alliance?
Maskirovska?

In any case, if we are first

Defender of Faith, Choral Music, with Choral Music before that.

Then Stupa and Lay Ministry.

Turn 28

Unknown player (crispy) jumped up to 41 prophet points we are at 35. We are earning 6 points a turn and the project finishes next turn. I think I will found a religion within 2 turns. I placed down some pins, thinking my next city should be either the spot north of holybram, or by the fresh water spot I pinned northwest of holybram.

[Image: PBEM7_28_capital.jpg]

Screenshot was taken before I put down the Pins. Unless stonehenge finishes in the next 2 turns I think we got first pick of religion. Did a quick google search on Maskirovska and that may be a good choice. I think my city naming rules out Alhambrism. Might delve into some warhammer lore, Soilders of Sigmar or something would also be pretty cool.

Good news from the scout

[Image: PBEM7_28_scout.jpg]

It looks to be a faith City state from what I can see. Contact in a turn or 2. Hopefully we both get easy quests, or at least you do so you can drop god king.

I have 121 :Icon_Gold I am thinking to buy a trader when I can, however if you think there is a better use for our gold let me know and I can send it. Going to stop irrigation at 1 turn until I can get a builder to the wine in swampbram. Other than that a shrine will take 6 turns at holybram if I keep the distribution the way it is. I would like the city to grow close to size 5 the turn I camp the ivory. Swampbram's holy cite will take a bit longer, I would like the city to get to size 3 before I switch back to production tiles.

Trader makes the most sense as it is not boostable wi5h production, you might however need to protect him, I actually think we should finance a trade for me as soon as possible for the military CS quest. Also need to plan out an attack on a CS with warriors, will advice on that.

Choral Music is awesome, but do not forget to take defender of faith. +10 on defense is ungodly, mark my words.

Ok I will send you the money my next turn set, maybe save up again and purchase something. The inspiration for BW is my quest for the gold cs so might as well get some money before they are incorporated.

To take full advantage of Choral Music shrines are next followed by some Military. Really think that shrines should be priority (unless we don't get that belief)

Yes DotF and Choral Music are my first picks. If for some reason we are not first it will be several turns until I hit 120 for the next one so we can plan accordingly.