For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Archduke and Emperor K team thread

Turn 9

Astrology is in and I start on my larva. I switched around some tiles to bring it down to 4 turns. Added one turn to growth but I really want to compete for the first pantheon and I have no other way of getting faith.

[Image: PBEM7_9_capital.jpg]

I start on animal husbandry because you already put some beakers into mining. I can switch if you think that is the way to go. My scout is heading north. I have 73 Icon_Gold and am making 10.5 Icon_Gold a turn.

I am not sure how many CS there are, I know woden suggested 3 per team so everyone gets the PP inspiration, I am not sure if that is finalized. Hopefully my norther scout finds something.

Turn (0)
Score, Rankings, and Great People Race

Player

Score

Civic

Empire

Great People

Religion

Tech

Wonders
Emperor K
TheArchduke
Singaboy
Sulla/Brick
Woden
Chevalier
Japper
Mike

Rankings

# Techs | SPT

CPT

Military

FPT

Gold | GPT
Emperor K
0|0 Icon_Science
0 Icon_Culture
0 Icon_Faith
0|0 Icon_Gold
TheArchduke
0|0 Icon_Science
0 Icon_Culture
0 Icon_Faith
0|0 Icon_Gold
Singaboy
0|0 Icon_Science
0 Icon_Culture
0 Icon_Faith
0|0 Icon_Gold
Sulla/Brick
0|0 Icon_Science
0 Icon_Culture
0 Icon_Faith
0|0 Icon_Gold
Woden
0|0 Icon_Science
0 Icon_Culture
0 Icon_Faith
0|0 Icon_Gold
Chevalier
0|0 Icon_Science
0 Icon_Culture
0 Icon_Faith
0|0 Icon_Gold
Japper
0|0 Icon_Science
0 Icon_Culture
0 Icon_Faith
0|0 Icon_Gold
Mike
0|0 Icon_Science
0 Icon_Culture
0 Icon_Faith
0|0 Icon_Gold

Great People

Gen

Adm

Eng

Mer

Pro

Sci

Wri

Art

Mus
Emperor K
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
TheArchduke
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
Singaboy
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
Sulla/Brick
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
Woden
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
Chevalier
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
Japper
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
Mike
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0
0|0

This is a little forum poster app I wrote to keep track of things in my PBEM 6 game. Ill do the same here once we get more information.

Very nice.

Fun with barbs, singer meets scout, warrior works on spearman.

Turn 10

Forgot to post yesterday

Nothing much to note

[Image: PBEM7_10_capital.jpg]

As i mentioned i'll update the table data after we meet one of our opponents. Don't see much need to track it since I don't have any numbers to go off of.

Turn 11

Grew to size 3, swapped stone to banana and size 4 due in 7 turns, larva still done in 2. Completely forgot to check your gold. How many turns until we can buy a settler? Would be nice to time it with size 4 growth I am thinking.

[Image: PBEM7_11_overview.jpg]

Sorry about the image, my civ 6 is stuck in small UI for some reason. Happens when I change my screen resolution, working on a fix.

Was not able to take an image. Yeah, my last estimate that we are good in about 7-8 turns. I think the smart play is to buy a settler and enable a superfast second city with a lavra as well. So you can immediately go builder after the lavra.

We need to plan out dotmap and city sites, obviously so far my favourite is the one I located in the east, for you I like the plains forest 2 tiles E of the warrior.

On Wonders:

With China around we will be hard pressed to land any decent wonder, if we do so we need meticulous planning, a beeline and a bit of luck. With enough culture I can see us landing Games and Recreation and the Colosseum, thing is China has Rome and will also blast through the culture tree thanks to free monuments. But the amenity bonus would really rock. Speaking of which:

On City States:

From my experience in PBEM #4 long term amenities are hard to come by and Muscat provides a rather nice +1 per commercial district, something which my cities quicker and your cities slower will have.

I am still rather sure I want to kill Bandar Brunei, but the land is really crap around it, if both CS swapped places this would be a no brainer. Let´s see what else we uncover with scouting before we jump the gun here. The short term push of conquering those early especially as Germany is rather good.

On Geography:

I would like to try to name areas, landmarks and other stuff on the map for fun and for better navigation if we talk to each other.

On Naming Shemes:

I am not entirely happy with my naming sheme atm as the Rammstein songs don´t lend themselves to good names. I like my naming sheme of PBEM #6 a lot more (no spoilers for you here) And PBEM #4 with Queen just sounded better.

Maybe something from the Enwor Saga?

EDIT:

Oh my, went from Enwor to Lone Wolf and just wasted 20 minutes of reading up on the past.

EDITEDIT:

Now this is getting weird. I just noticed I played in the very first PB of CIV IV.

http://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/showt...p?tid=2997

Somewhat at least. Huh.

Sorry for the rumbling.

Well, that barb camp is probably getting sniped by that Citystate, hooray.

Not much else to uncover, waiting for your input on last post atm.smile

It does not look like I took a screenshot of turn 12. Thought I did.

On Wonders
-The Colosseum is the only ancient wonder I think we are interested in. Will have to keep an eye on Singaboy's culture score best we can. I am not sure how long it will be until we meet our neighbors. They would at best need a score of 16 (8 civics) to start on the wonder. Maybe when we get closer we can see how good my culture is doing? If we don't beat them to Games and Rec I think we abandon the idea of building it.

On City States
-Keeping Muscat around is probably a good idea, like you said for the amenities. Best if you get that one. Bandar however I think would be best in my hands. The area is complete tundra so with your help and me claiming the final strike would be ideal I think. Not sure how long until I get a Military big enough to overrun the city myself.

- This kinda goes with my plan of my settling the bottom of our island. I can make more use of half tundra / half grassland city's than Germany can. I think we need way more scouting to confirm this though. Not sure how much land the mapmaker has given us.

-Next turn Ill place some more dot's down with some names that "suit" the area.

-On your next turn can you place a dot down with where you think I should settle? You mentioned 2 spaces E of warrior but I played my turn and could not figure out which spot you were speaking of.

-Do you still think the site I have marked for my second city is the best one?

- Are you thinking about settling 'Wine by the Lake' or was that a spot you wanted me to settle.

Just trying to confirm things. I will check back later on tonight, or in the morning before work. I will most likely get the turn as well, but I don't think there is going to be much to do this turn.

Wine of the Lake is my preferred site so far for a 2nd city, but I would look north first for me.

Bandar I can conquer and cede to you.

I get extra tiles on city capture does I. Work for succession if so trade me all cities you get first turn and I'll give them back lol
I'll try it in a game tonight