I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Japper and Cornflakes' team thread

If your Natural wonder theory holds water, I think we still have one of the best of the bunch. The pantanal yields us 4 2f2c tiles! That's like 4 free monuments! Rome eat your heart out lol

I was thinking on pantheons and thought these would suit me the best with my start:

Goddess of Festivals
+1 [Image: latest?cb=20161108204631] Food from [Image: 20?cb=20161110191534] Wine, [Image: 20?cb=20161110185250] Incense, [Image: 20?cb=20161110182510] Cocoa, [Image: 20?cb=20161110190930] Tobacco, [Image: 20?cb=20161110182641] Coffee, and [Image: 20?cb=20161110190806] Tea Plantations.
Oral Tradition
+1 [Image: latest?cb=20161108204306] Culture from [Image: 20?cb=20161110172801] Banana, [Image: 20?cb=20161006214719] Citrus, [Image: 20?cb=20161110182812] Cotton, [Image: 20?cb=20161110184738] Dyes, [Image: 20?cb=20161110190314] Silk, [Image: 20?cb=20161110190556] Spices, and [Image: 20?cb=20161110190703] Sugar Plantations.

Both would affect two tiles in the capital alone, I'll see what my second city will bring me, however Cocao seems to be my clustered resource. If you guys didn't know, in the regular mapspawn if you see at least 2 of a resource at the start, you can be almost sure you'll find 2-4 more in the immediate area, since resources either spawn singularly or in large clumps, as a rather inelegant way to force players into resource trading.

(December 1st, 2017, 12:57)Japper007 Wrote: Side Note: We really need a naming convention for our cities, since everything Mike settles will be Angkor Something, and everything I settle will be Mbanza Something. That'll never get confusing right? :lol: Any ideas Mike? Or perhaps one of the Lurkers (which I hope we have)?

Yes, there are global lurkers here! (At least one.)

Suggestions for Khmer cities:
* Admiralty
* Stockless
* Grapnel
* Herreshoff
* Northill
* CQR Plough
* Delta
* Danforth
* Bruce Claw
* Wasi
* Bulwagga
* Spade
* Rocna
* Knox
* Mud Weight
And then, if necessary...
* Mushroom
* Deadweight
* Screw

Because if they're not gonna be Angkors...

Or a more-obvious alternative:

* Rage
* Fury
* Ire
* Temper
* Pique
* Choler
* Umbrage
* Vexation
* Annoyance
* Huff

For Kongo, this isn't quite as good but:

* Chokkan
* Takichi
* Shakan
* Kengai
* Han-Kengai
* Takan-Kengai
* Sabamiki
* Sharimiki
* Neagari
* Sekijoju
* Ishizuke
(etc.)

Because.

(Although making them "Mchokan, Mtakichi, Mshakan, Mkengai, etc. might be better.)

Turn 3:

[Image: 20171202171827_1.jpg]

Mike discovered a second continent, so I get the boost to Foreign Trade.

Turn 2 & 3.

Not a lot to report really. Moved my warrior north, only to find more forests, and then back south to intercept the barbarian scout spotted west of our capital.
Yes, that barbcamp rly sucks. O wel, at least we get the archer eureka soon, although getting the actual technology is not a priority. 

(December 2nd, 2017, 11:24)Japper007 Wrote: Mike discovered a second continent, so I get the boost to Foreign Trade.

we started on different continents. The discovery bonus however only applies once we both settled on those respectable continents.

Turn 3:

Not much really, I smacked the Warrior into the camp. I'm going to get the guy in the camp low enough that my Slinger can finish it.

Do you want me to keep the camp around so that you can farm the bonus too Mike?

(December 1st, 2017, 22:33)RefSteel Wrote:
(December 1st, 2017, 12:57)Japper007 Wrote: Side Note: We really need a naming convention for our cities, since everything Mike settles will be Angkor Something, and everything I settle will be Mbanza Something. That'll never get confusing right? lol Any ideas Mike? Or perhaps one of the Lurkers (which I hope we have)?

Yes, there are global lurkers here!  (At least one.)

Suggestions for Khmer cities:
   * Admiralty
   * Stockless
   * Grapnel
   * Herreshoff
   * Northill
   * CQR Plough
   * Delta
   * Danforth
   * Bruce Claw
   * Wasi
   * Bulwagga
   * Spade
   * Rocna
   * Knox
   * Mud Weight
And then, if necessary...
   * Mushroom
   * Deadweight
   * Screw

Because if they're not gonna be Angkors...

Or a more-obvious alternative:

* Rage
   * Fury
   * Ire
   * Temper
   * Pique
   * Choler
   * Umbrage
   * Vexation
   * Annoyance
   * Huff

For Kongo, this isn't quite as good but:

* Chokkan
   * Takichi
   * Shakan
   * Kengai
   * Han-Kengai
   * Takan-Kengai
   * Sabamiki
   * Sharimiki
   * Neagari
   * Sekijoju
   * Ishizuke
(etc.)

Because.

(Although making them "Mchokan, Mtakichi, Mshakan, Mkengai, etc. might be better.)

Thanks for the suggestions! 
I am however more leaning towards names that are puns or references to classic pieces of literature.

Yeh we came up with a naming convention on Steam, it'll be classic literature ( as we'll be pushing for a cultural game).

Turn 4:

Smacked the camp again, one more attack and my Warrior has his first promotion, capital grows next turn.

Turn 6:

[Image: 20171205143652_1.jpg]

Grew to two pop, it decided to work a 2/2 tile and I agreed! In three turns it grows borders to the first pantanal tile and I'll switch over to it.

[Image: 20171205143711_1.jpg]

I smashed the warrior into the camp so it promoted.

(December 4th, 2017, 05:46)Mikeforall Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions! 
I am however more leaning towards names that are puns or references to classic pieces of literature.

I like this theme a lot more than the one I suggested above, actually!

So, puns like Edifice Wrecks?  References like the cities in which Classics take place? (e.g. Thebes, Athens, and Colonus from the Oedipus cycle alone, but the very best is from Aristophanes: Cloud Cuckoo Land!)

(And I realize you're not going to restrict yourself to Classical literature; for example, I like both Omelette and Elsinore, and both "Fried with Extreme Prejudice" and Netherfield Park.  And of course it's possible you're just going to use the titles and/or protagonists of favorite Classics, which I likewise support.  Looking forward to seeing which names you choose!)

Hmm my viewpoint just got janked hard to about 20-ish tiles east when i pressed end turn, previous turn as well. Could Emperor K be there?