Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Japper and Cornflakes' team thread

I'm also excited to be able to read everyones threads soon. (and dreading the moment I get to the Mike "incident" in each players thread scared ) I'm especially curious about what Arch and EmpK are doing. From my viewpoint, having been a player the whole way through, they haven't been doing anything of note for 140 turns, but also haven't incurred any aggresion so far Iiam

Also excited to have another Sulla thread to read through, they are what drew me to follow RB (as a true "lurker", didn't even have an account) years ago.

My prediction: Sulla and Singaboy come into a sort of cold war situation with Woden/CMF. I doubt either of them has the energy or even the will for another push though I am ofc prepared to eat those words.

Woden is taking is time at the capital. He's slowly whittled my army down (only 1 knight + 1 crossbow + 1 archer remaining). I could have taken out a crossbow last turn, but I rolled the dice and came about 2 HP from killing a knight last turn. This turn I could have killed a crossbow with the combined walls + crossbow in the capital. I decided instead to swap the knight into the city for the final defense, and moved the crossbow into the encampment. Woden can now start chipping away at the walls with very little I can do now in return.

Killed one of "Brickastley's" Caravels. Gonna create as much war weariness as possible before I go...

As my final act I killed one more knight. I will not be getting another turn unless something goes horribly wrong for Woden.

Yeah same unless Sulla screws up royally I'm done before the turn gets back to me as well.

Nice job guys, this has been a great game to lurk thanks to all involved, both of you included.

Thanks Shimomo!

Once again thank you for stepping in and sticking out the entire game Cornflakes.

(April 10th, 2018, 06:35)IJapper007 Wrote: Thanks Shimomo!

Once again thank you for stepping in and sticking out the entire game Cornflakes.

Like I said in the general thread, I enjoyed the struggle and fighting to the bitter end. It’s refreshing playing in a competitive game against a competent opponent after the utterly incompetent AI. 

I think your biggest mistake and the biggest area you could improve is in regards to the locations of your cities. Your 2nd city accomplished almost nothing. It literally had nothing of immediate value, only long-term strategic importance. Eventually that is a site to claim but only after you have a strong base of support. It took forever to build its own worker, and forever to grow. The key in Civ 6 for the early settlements, at least as I see it, is the strength of the tiles in the 1st ring. For the 2nd and 3rd cities basically ignore 2nd and 3rd ring tiles beyond maybe a targeted immediate purchase of a 5 yield tile where is is clearly better to settle with it in 2nd ring for better overall 1st ring. 

Also, did you go Campus district before getting your 2nd city out? That slows development a lot. 

I don’t fault you at all for the abysmal power rating when Rome attacked. We made the deliberate choice to focus you more on economy (in the hopes that Rome took the role of propping us up against one of their long-term rivals) while I took the military role. And in the 2nd war declaration you managed the combat about as well as the circumstances allowed.