For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Japper and Cornflakes' team thread

(December 11th, 2017, 13:51)Japper007 Wrote: Going pottery is fine, but at least wait until I get you the boost to Irrigation or Writing from me (both on their way) before going any further down that tree. We just waste beakers otherwise. Why not pick up AH and maybe even Archery instead Mike? Especially since you mentioned barb problems... But I will boost that in a turn when my slinger finishes

Yes, as I stated in my previous post I will pick up animal husbandry after pottery, and only then Irrigation (so that you can get the eureka for it).
Archery is not worth it at this point in time, perhaps after having picked up writing (which is after the previous mentioned three).

Well if we have barb problems (though we do not) we need Archers, Slingers just do not cut it with anything expect the spears and scouts

(December 11th, 2017, 18:46)Japper007 Wrote: Well if we have barb problems (though we do not) we need Archers, Slingers just do not cut it with anything expect the spears and scouts

we can always research it once the barbproblems occur. It won't that that long.

I got some work to do now, so I will make the post of my turn in a few hours.

However, stay tuned, because this was quite an exiting turn!

Turn 12: (almost getting whiplash from the pace here /s)

Unlocked CoL, slotted in God King and discipline no surprises there.

[Image: 20171212225541_1.jpg]

My slinger is also finally done and it moves onto the hill to be ready to kill the barb camp next turn, getting me the Archery Eureka.

[Image: 20171212225700_1.jpg]

My warrior continues west and spots Science CS borders, yes! My favorite type for first meating bonus.

[Image: 20171212225729_1.jpg]

BTW Mike I took a look around in settler view and I'm not sure you noticed but your warrior is one or two tiles away from a CS as well, it's third ring touches the lake to your north.

Turn 13:

[Image: 20171214044035_1.jpg]

Seoel's Warrior met mine on the interturn two more science cool

[Image: 20171214044054_1.jpg]

Slinger killed the Spear, giving me the Archery Eureka

Turn 14:

[Image: 20171214195254_1.jpg]

I clear the camp, grabbing the military tradition, out to the west a barb scout decided to go adjacent to my warrior so I smacked it for free experience

[Image: 20171214195324_1.jpg]

Mbanza grew to the Citrus (yeey no gold to have my first three tiles!) I swapped over to it, excellerating my growth once more. I'll pick up 1.5 housing and 1 extra food with the builder (and +2 gold, but I'm not working the plantations) so I'm on track to get the bonus for Early Empire purely from vertical growth, been a while since I had this rich of a start!

Turn 15:

Finish Writing, I'm putting 50% research into Irrigation next

EDIT forgot to zone in my Campus on the desert hill! duh Oh well at least it won't increase in cost if I zone it in next turn...

Turn 16:

[Image: 20171216172313_1.jpg]

Spotted another nice city site to my south, and some pretty okay Tundra river (Even Tundra can be good for Kongo, as you can still build Mbanza's on Tundra forest tiles) ones south of that. Since we are near the South pole, we probably need to go North for our first expansion. The coastal area Mike discovered there seems to be the end of our landmass.

I also did zone in the campus now...

My apologies for not posting in the past few days. Real life got in the way.

Now, time to catch up with Japper in terms of turnposts. 

Turn 11: 

Despite having decided not to work the silk one turn earlier, I put a pop on it just to see the effects it had. 

[Image: 70a21190-d561-4e76-99b0-0238575ddf6a_zps7v9qe5ko.jpg]

From 3 to just 1 turn till code of laws! Despite delaying city-growth, I still think the trade-off is worth it, since that means picking up God King two turns earlier. 

I also moved my warrior up north, finally revealing the hypothesed lake. With water, tea and rice, as wel as nice production hills closeby, it looks like a good place for a second settlement. 
So lets check it out in Settler view...

[Image: 20171212185918_1_zpsclsf54br.jpg]

Wel shit.... and great at the same time! It seems I stumbled upon our first city-state. Lets hope it is a good one, as in either Culture or Faith. Science would be nice too, as science always is, but one of the other two is preferred. 

Meanwhile:
[Image: 66b76500-27b3-47e8-b392-762e3a261878_zpsfb0kokxj.jpg]

Scout fled in the Tundra. Thanks to the river it does not seem all-to-unsettleable, so lets scout it a bit for now. 
It also means we are south, meaning that we most likely do not have to fear for a playerthreat from this direction. Only barbs, so lets hope this tundra does not stretch far.

It seems that Chevalier and Woden have discovered a religious city state, since they have suddenly taken the lead in the before default-ordered faith section. Lets just hope it is not Kandy.