Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[TECH] Announcement thread for Pitbosses/NatNeg Server hosted by Zulan/Ramk

Hello Ramk. Both pbspy and games seem to be offline atm. Help please!

PBSPY seems to be down.

Also, for some reason all my RB mods dont fully load. the PB mod_v9 loaded, but apparently froze while i typed this. All the others that i tried (RB70/71, and RB65) stop at InitEngine.
[Image: qbtppo8.png]
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

PBSpy is back up and the game client is now loading to the main menu.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

But I can not reload to the beginning of T146 in PB70. SD missed his turn
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Hello Ramk. Was trying to load to Plemo logout in PB66. It said it did it, but evidently instead it shut the server down?

PB 74 is down currently.

Hello guys.

I am not sure if I am writing into the correct thread but hopefully yes.

We are a bunch of old Civ fans who found the way back to the game after some years and would love to play again with our old crew. We were active back in 2008-12 and played several Pitbosses. 

I would like to ask if we could have our private PB (4-6 ppl) hosted here since even so we are mostly IT guys, we were not able to run it on our servers :facepalm:

I am not sure about mods I read here that right now the CtH is the popular option but if possible I would like to avoid any game-altering mod and go with old good BtS.

We are counting on sending you a donation for running the server.

Let me know if it's possible.

Thank you!

Hello Yuck,

sure, I would setup a game for you on our server. If you want play an almost BtS-like game I would suggest to select the 'PBMod_v10' for the game. Most changes of this mod were just made to improve the Pitboss capabilities.

We're running a server instance for testing purposes, which can be found here:
https://civ.zulan.net/pbspy/game/1/

If you download the mod there and following the install/connection instructions you can try it out and joining the test game.
For the start you can skip the linked 'BTS_Wrapper.exe' stuff, but it will be important that your group is using the modified Civ4-binary. Otherwise a second player will be blocked from joining the game. (See https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...p?tid=7544 for details)
Later, when the login times for the players growing, the BTS_Wrapper.exe is getting important to speed up the login times.

I would suggest you starting a new thread in this subforum for further questions.

For your donation: Please send Zulan a PM after the game has started.

Great!
We will try the test server. And I will post the new thread with the setup during this week.

Hello Ramk,
I posted a request for a magic admin fix in the PB 74 tech thread. The lurkers have to decide yet, but I wanted to give you notice smile