Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[TECH] Announcement thread for Pitbosses/NatNeg Server hosted by Zulan/Ramk

First of all: PB49 is online again.

About the problems today: Zulan and I currently work on an automatic detection of „crashed“ PB servers. This process should be killed and restarted again without any human interaction.
Currently we got some false positives which leads to the problems you noticed.

We disabled the killing of the game ATM and I will reflect about the detection of dead servers.

If you see some strange reloading messages at PBSpy… it could be related with our changes in the next days.

(June 16th, 2020, 16:56)Ramkhamhaeng Wrote: First of all: PB49 is online again.

About the problems today: Zulan and I currently work on an automatic detection of „crashed“ PB servers. This process should be killed and restarted again without any human interaction.
Currently we got some false positives which leads to the problems you noticed.

We disabled the killing of the game ATM and I will reflect about the detection of dead servers.

If you see some strange reloading messages at PBSpy… it could be related with our changes in the next days.

Dont suppose there is a way for others to restart the server? Incase its down for awhile/you are on vacation/ect. bow
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Well, I've already expanded the code in this direction and can control the PB server before it loads a save. But currently I have no idea/plan how to propagate this to PBSpy in an useful/reliable way.
If the server fails to load saves I normally need to investigate over SSH why it fails. (On Vacation Zulan & I will nominate a substitute, if required smile)

Zulan also mentioned something like you (give PBSpy admins the capability to restart killed servers) but I assume that such feature is not required if the automatic restart works as expected.

Currently you will got an error page instead of the game statuses if you are not logged in.
Will be fixed soon.

Workaround: Login as user on PBSpy.

PB52 is down.

https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...#pid735494

There's a truly bizarre issue happening in PB50 right now if anyone can swing by this tech thread.

Bug found and fixed smile An ancient bug from the base BTS code.

I call apon thee mighty Ramk. Our server at PB52 gives us connection time outs. Please help us, oh mighty server deity. bow
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I'm unable to connect to PB48

RB48 restarted