For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[TECH] Announcement thread for Pitbosses/NatNeg Server hosted by Zulan/Ramk

Yes, both methods working in parallel.

Gave it a try, works great!

I'm having some trouble with  the quickload - first up I can't get my old .ini file to load with the wrapper.

Old shortcut:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="mods\RtR_4.0.9.2"  ini=C:\civ4ini\CivilizationIVpb42.ini

New failing shortcut:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\BTS_Wrapper.exe" Civ4BeyondSword.exe mod= RtR_4.0.9.2  ini=C:\civ4ini\CivilizationIVpb42.ini

If I delete the .ini from my shortcut then the program loads fine but when I try to log on to Zulan's server I get a runtime error and it crashes to desktop.

I've been getting the game file version error since this pitboss started (but didn't get it for PB38). I assume it's due to using an old disk-based installation, but I don't know for sure. Could that be why it's crashing?

Hello OldHarry,

The screenshot of the error indicates that the Mod-DLL wasn't loaded, but the default DLL. (Some array y sizes are related to the MAX_PLAYER-constant and this is changed in the RtR-Mod. This leads to a immediate crash at entering the PB loading screen.)

Could you upload your Ini-File? I'm wondering what setting of this file could be problematic (if the problem is releated to the file content at all.) What happens if you put the mod name into the Ini-file, but remove the 'mod= ...'-part from the startup command?
Code:
; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Mods\RtR_4.0.9.2

Moreover, please try out if the game also loads if you use the provided Civ4BeyondSword2015.exe instead of the normal one. (Depending on your post, 'old disk-based installation', I do not expect that it helps, but a quick test is better as speculating smile)
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\BTS_Wrapper.exe" Civ4BeyondSword2015.exe ini=C:\civ4ini\CivilizationIVpb42.ini
or simply
"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\BTS_Wrapper.exe" ini=C:\civ4ini\CivilizationIVpb42.ini

(February 4th, 2019, 10:06)Old Harry Wrote: I've been getting the game file version error since this pitboss started (but didn't get it for PB38). I assume it's due to using an old disk-based installation, but I don't know for sure. Could that be why it's crashing?

In my option your error pattern does not match to this assumption.

Problems with wrong mod versions (asides the above DLL problem)  can be detected by following 'error pattern':
1. You could enter the PB headerhead screen
[Image: 800px-LoginScreenLongNames.jpg]

2. The save loading crashs and a error messages popped up for a fraction of a second.
    (Sorry for the wrong language in the screens. I've grabbed them from our wiki)

try putting a space after ini=
I had a problem where mod=
was truncating the first letter without the space, maybe you are having a similar problem with the ini?

Edit: I also get a wrong version error, always have. In my case I'm pretty sure it's because I've edited the default game ini files for singleplayer games (changed default civs per mapsize, etc). It's never stopped me from joining.

An other possible reason:
I get this message if I edit an Python/XML file of BTS, which is also included in the used mod.
The wrong checksum for the base game triggers the popup, but the mod-related checksums are fine.

(February 4th, 2019, 10:51)Ramkhamhaeng Wrote: Hello OldHarry,

The screenshot of the error indicates that the Mod-DLL wasn't loaded, but the default DLL. (Some array y sizes are related to the MAX_PLAYER-constant and this is changed in the RtR-Mod. This leads to a immediate crash at entering the PB loading screen.)

Could you upload your Ini-File? I'm wondering what setting of this file could be problematic (if the problem is releated to the file content at all.) What happens if you put the mod name into the Ini-file, but remove the 'mod= ...'-part from the startup command?
Code:
; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Mods\RtR_4.0.9.2

Excellent - I put the mod link inside the .ini and it loads instantly! (I still get the version error, but I can live with that.) Thanks!

Fine smile

Reload request for pb41.

Resolved.