I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

EitB 13 planning thread

(February 6th, 2019, 14:14)Mardoc Wrote:
(February 6th, 2019, 09:53)DaveV Wrote: Balseraphs: set the "can't attack" flag on puppets (or reduce their combat strength to zero). Part of the strength of the Balseraphs is that they have an infinite supply of disposable summons to wear down defenders. Change their world spell so the golden age only lasts a single turn; this would allow strategic civic changes, but wouldn't give the usually game winning economic boost.
I could agree with the world spell, but if you're attacking with Puppets you're just milking the game.  Anything you can do with Puppets you can do with some other summon, and if you're close enough to attack with Puppets then you're close enough that you should be counterattacked.  If you're able to attack with a meaningful number of Puppets from close range, it's because you're attacking someone who didn't build an army at all.

I mean, go ahead and prevent Puppets from attacking, just don't expect it to matter.

Once you have Mages, agreed, you can summon better units than Puppets. It seems to me that the Puppets are most useful as attackers when you're still trying to train your adepts up to Mage level.

(February 6th, 2019, 14:14)Mardoc Wrote:
(February 6th, 2019, 09:53)DaveV Wrote: Bannor: they need something extra besides Guardsman, since Fanaticism simply isn't going to happen in an MP game. Maybe a free Courage promotion? That seems like it would be thematic. You would have to be an idiot to pick this civ as it currently stands.
What about something analogous to Hyborem: every time they kill an Evil unit, they spawn a free warrior or Fanatic or some such.  Or maybe every time they kill, period, something analogous to Slavery except it spawns a warrior?

Free Bounty Hunter promotion?

Now that i played more game with differnet civs I can say that good civs are way weaker that evil civs , get that 'bonuses" from palace +20% WW and nothing to compensate , have worse WS .I think somehow that should be chanched and gave some bonuses for good civ as well.

Why a palace gave a  mallus? perhaps all civs which have this mallus shoud get a bonus there as well, because you know that means to be good.Maybe giving a bonnus to GP at some others to gave a bonus  to gold or comerce. And not talking about what mana those receive, the evil civs get -10-40% at WW and the best manas(most of them get body wich is the best level one).

I dont know how hard is to implement thsi but would be nice to get some good things for good civs.

DaveV Wrote:*Raises hand*
Oh! Well, then I'll have to put some real thought into my suggestions.

(February 6th, 2019, 18:37)Bobchillingworth Wrote: Controversial suggestion of the day:  Boarding Party gets a small cost reduction (or possibly a substantial one, and -1 attack and -2 defense over Champions), but the Lanun can no longer build Swordsmen or Chariots.  
I like this. It works thematically, it's definitely a nerf, but it's a nerf that doesn't cost much fun.

If you take away Chariots you should also take away Horse Archers. HA are a diversion tech-wise but one the Lanun can afford - but thematically HA should be just as tricky to operate from ships, and practically they serve a similar purpose tactically. Maybe even go so far as to take away all horse units?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

For Calabim to be good again I see a very simple solution make burning blood to disapear after 1 turn or remove the turn to barbarian thingie. I played a game and tested and looks like BB never disapear but in 5 turns 16 of 20 of my BB moroi became barbs.

That's kind of the whole point of it though. And there's a level 1 spell that cancels burning blood that I think the calabim have the mana for, so with some adepts you'd be fine.

Actually, regarding a new tech for the Crusade civic, what about restoring "Way of the Wise" to EitB, but make it exclusive to the Bannor, like how the Lanun have Seafaring? Then the beaker cost and placement in the tech tree could be tailored to the Bannor without affecting other civs. You could even append additional bonuses to it if the Bannor needed further buffs.

I just want to ask why second great people is after 100 points and not after 67 as should?Are great people too strong in FFH(I personaly think that are to weak) ?

Well, some are really strong especially along magic-line you can bulb Sorcery very quickly. One GS bulbs over half of it. With Prophets you could bulb your way to Infernal Pact if you avoid Education. Bulbs in general are very strong, giving a lot of beakers quickly to boost the snowball... I don't know the real answer though, this is just me mumbling some random thoughts...

What Auro said, plus FFH / EitB allows you to generate most great person types earlier than BtS; an Elder Council for instance gives a Sage slot and requires only one or two techs, depending on if the Civ starts with Ancient Chants, and can be as cheap as 20 hammers with a Philosophical leader.

That said, I don't have particularly strong opinions regarding whether the current system is preferable or not, but there's a lot of stuff that would have to be re-balanced if bulbing were easier.

Oh, and the Grigori would get a substantial increase in strength, which may or may not be a good thing.

(February 10th, 2019, 15:16)Bobchillingworth Wrote: What Auro said, plus FFH / EitB allows you to generate most great person types earlier than BtS; an Elder Council for instance gives a Sage slot and requires only one or two techs, depending on if the Civ starts with Ancient Chants, and can be as cheap as 20 hammers with a Philosophical leader.

That said, I don't have particularly strong opinions regarding whether the current system is preferable or not, but there's a lot of stuff that would have to be re-balanced if bulbing were easier.  

Oh, and the Grigori would get a substantial increase in strength, which may or may not be a good thing.

I supose you right ,were can i find a list at what numbers those GP arrive so I dont count too much on them...