I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

ScenarioHunt (Mars+AlphaC, C&C+RA+Dune, MoM+MoO+Col, Doom, B5+STrek/Wars/Gate, HoMM)

(September 20th, 2020, 01:38)Blake00 Wrote:
(September 19th, 2020, 16:18)GeneralKilCavalry Wrote: Holy shit you found ROTCWinter's old mod. I have a bunch of edited biq files for it somewhere, but I was the one looking for it all those years ago (alt account on civfanatics).

Thanks so much!!!!

Edit: I also found a War of the Ring mod for civ 3. I'll send if you're interested!

No worries mate. Yeah I got lucky with that one as someone gave it to me a while back without me even asking for it haha!

Oh yes please, I don't think I have that one anywhere!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjevciin2t5uxo...g.zip?dl=0

It doesn't load at all for me. I've forgotten evertything about civ 3 modding, but i think the fix shouldn't be too hard?

Edit:
I know you're mostly interested in making civ 2 mods, but if you're ever interested in patching up/combining/perfecting the LOTR ones, I'd be willing to embark on such a project. The LOTM mod, while great in its own right, is simply civ 3 with LOTR flavor, which you can combine with a map of Arda or something like that to get an interesting experience, but ROTCWinter's mod gives the setting of the books itself and had a pretty decent campaign (or at least, that's my childhood nostalgia speaking).

Making a nice new biq scenario based on ROTCWinter's mod but using the assets/techs from LOTM would be pretty interesting.

edit part 2:
This mod is the less refined version of this one:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/r...ng.324124/
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

Just played ROTCWinter's mod for a few hours and boy is it a challenge... the first few turns lull you into a sense of safety, but you can't lose any of your hobbits, theoden, gandalf, faramir, denethor, or aragorn, or else it's gg. In fact, if you're not careful with your hobbits on the very first turn, you can get eliminated turn 2. Taking out isengard is no problem (a detour to moria is highly advised), but even with the forces of rohan, it is nearly impossible to stem the tide of orc forces into the gondorian hinterland. Sure, you can hold minas tirith and osgiliath, (maybe the coastal city, the name escapes me), but not anything inland. You just get cut off, and can't produce the units you need. Maybe if I sat down and microed more carefully I would've pulled through a few more turns, but it was getting pretty bad. It's an extremely well-made, and surprisingly nice-looking scenario despite its age and lack of updates. There was more to it than just a bit of childhood nostalgia...

edit: took me another hour and a half, but i beat it.
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."

(September 20th, 2020, 12:22)GeneralKilCavalry Wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjevciin2t5uxo...g.zip?dl=0
It doesn't load at all for me. I've forgotten evertything about civ 3 modding, but i think the fix shouldn't be too hard?

Edit: I know you're mostly interested in making civ 2 mods, but if you're ever interested in patching up/combining/perfecting the LOTR ones, I'd be willing to embark on such a project. The LOTM mod, while great in its own right, is simply civ 3 with LOTR flavor, which you can combine with a map of Arda or something like that to get an interesting experience, but ROTCWinter's mod gives the setting of the books itself and had a pretty decent campaign (or at least, that's my childhood nostalgia speaking).
Making a nice new biq scenario based on ROTCWinter's mod but using the assets/techs from LOTM would be pretty interesting.

edit part 2: This mod is the less refined version of this one:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/r...ng.324124/
(September 20th, 2020, 17:15)GeneralKilCavalry Wrote: Just played ROTCWinter's mod for a few hours and boy is it a challenge... the first few turns lull you into a sense of safety, but you can't lose any of your hobbits, theoden, gandalf, faramir, denethor, or aragorn, or else it's gg. In fact, if you're not careful with your hobbits on the very first turn, you can get eliminated turn 2. Taking out isengard is no problem (a detour to moria is highly advised), but even with the forces of rohan, it is nearly impossible to stem the tide of orc forces into the gondorian hinterland. Sure, you can hold minas tirith and osgiliath, (maybe the coastal city, the name escapes me), but not anything inland. You just get cut off, and can't produce the units you need. Maybe if I sat down and microed more carefully I would've pulled through a few more turns, but it was getting pretty bad. It's an extremely well-made, and surprisingly nice-looking scenario despite its age and lack of updates. There was more to it than just a bit of childhood nostalgia...
edit: took me another hour and a half, but i beat it.

Wow! Thank you so much! I look forward to checking them out! Also thank you for posting the link to Lord Malbeth's Return of the Shadow, thankfully his download still works so I got that too. Also he has a link to Quasidemo's thread for the original War of The Ring mod you sent me which saves me having to find it myself.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/l...-9.105011/
Also what's interesting is that yes Quasidemo did a 0.92 release which was popular and used by Lord Malbeth for Return of the Shadow as you mentioned, but Quasidemo also has a link to another thread where he released an enhanced version 1.0 of War of The Ring which seemed popular with people however sadly that download no longer works despite being a CFC one. I wonder if the version you've given me is the 0.92 release or the 1.0 release.. annoyingly there's no documentation so I don't know yet. It's file structure is a mess with lots of duplicates and backup copies in different folders. Oh well maybe testing will reveal more if I can get it working.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/l...-0.218488/

Hahaha yes I'm still buried in Civ2 modding. I've agreed to work a bit on a Civ3 Mars mod with some people to give tribute to Bathasar's Mars work before he passed away but other then that I don't have any more plans to get into Civ3 modding.. too hard haha.. plus after over 2 years of work I'm burning out bad from all this Civ2 modding stuff.. wanna move on and get back to playing other peoples games and mods instead of making my own haha.

Civilization Mods/Scenarios:
Civ1 Soundtrack Overhaul mod, ToT Graphics for Civ2MGE mod, Star Wars Civ2 Scenario, Heroes of Might & Magic Civ2 Scenario, Wonxs C&C Civ2 Scenario Remaster, Red Alert 2 Siege of New York Civ2 Scenario, Civ2 Master of Magic Jr Scenario Remaster For ToT, Attilas Conquest - Play as Barbarians in every Civ game Scenario Series.

[Image: BGx3xEC.gif]
Blake's Sanctum:
- TC Mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, & Star Trek Doom 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games

I suspect it is the 1.0 version that I sent to you.

(September 20th, 2020, 12:22)GeneralKilCavalry Wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjevciin2t5uxo...g.zip?dl=0

(September 21st, 2020, 11:05)GeneralKilCavalry Wrote: I suspect it is the 1.0 version  that I sent to you.

God what a mess. It looks like the copy of War of The Ring that you had has been played around with and messed up. It's files are dated around 2012-2013 which is much newer than Quasi's 2004 and 2007ish threads. There are multiple copies and backups of the mod files within the zip (hinting at experimentation). Heaps of unit inis had broken references.

The main 2013 biqs in the mod root folder don't work. They ask for a "Grimi" unit (Wormtongue I'm guessing) that doesn't exist anywhere in any copies. However thankfully there's 2012 copies of the biqs in the warofthering sub folder. These ones did not demand the missing unit so all I had to do was fix all the unit ini file errors and I got it working!

I'll stick it up on CFC but I'll ask if others have a copy of it what we can compare with as surely this broken copy wasn't what Quasi originally released.

Also check this out mate.. turns out that Russian Mars mod you sent me had an English version and a extra music download. Sadly neither downloads work nor were they backed up on Webarchive. frown
http://www.civfanatics.ru/threads/45-%D0...=1#post925
Quote:English version of the mod, you can download it from here (size 256 kb):
http://www.newgalaxy.ru/loads/Mars1,0en.exe
Soundtracks can be downloaded from here (size 12 meg):
http://www.newgalaxy.ru/loads/Marsmusic.exe
Civ1 Soundtrack Overhaul mod, ToT Graphics for Civ2MGE mod, Star Wars Civ2 Scenario, Heroes of Might & Magic Civ2 Scenario, Wonxs C&C Civ2 Scenario Remaster, Red Alert 2 Siege of New York Civ2 Scenario, Civ2 Master of Magic Jr Scenario Remaster For ToT, Attilas Conquest - Play as Barbarians in every Civ game Scenario Series.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games

(October 23rd, 2020, 04:39)Blake00 Wrote: God what a mess. It looks like the copy of War of The Ring that you had has been played around with and messed up. It's files are dated around 2012-2013 which is much newer than Quasi's 2004 and 2007ish threads. There are multiple copies and backups of the mod files within the zip (hinting at experimentation). Heaps of unit inis had broken references.

The main 2013 biqs in the mod root folder don't work. They ask for a "Grimi" unit (Wormtongue I'm guessing) that doesn't exist anywhere in any copies. However thankfully there's 2012 copies of the biqs in the warofthering sub folder. These ones did not demand the missing unit so all I had to do was fix all the unit ini file errors and I got it working!

I honestly have no clue where I even got it from. Anything nice in the files, or just a repackaging of existing graphics.

(October 23rd, 2020, 10:44)GeneralKilCavalry Wrote: I honestly have no clue where I even got it from. Anything nice in the files, or just a repackaging of existing graphics.

Not sure whether there's anything unique to it as I'm not so well versed in the LOTR mods but it certainly looks pretty cool. I liked the big flying Nazgul Ring Wraith!

You can see my test screenshots and a link to the 'repaired' working copy I made here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/l...t-15939858

Blake's Sanctum:

I've been been busy some more lol! Have added another franchise section to the list that I like and see people making Civ scenarios for, Game of Thrones! I’ve also decided to add a FreeCiv game category to the list as there’s been some interesting total conversion Modpacks releases over the last few years so it’ll be interesting to see what cool stuff comes along in the years to come.

List updates...

Civ1:
Civ2:
Civ2ToT:
  • Have added mention of the official Microprose Lalande 21185 scenario to the list (in the Alpha Centauri / Alien Colonization section).

Civ3:
Civ4:
Civ5:
FreeCiv:
  • Have added mention of Cazfi's Alien Modpack to the list (in the Alpha Centauri / Alien Colonization section).
  • Have added mention of Magic Modpack (that I need to look into further) to the list (in the Master of Magic section).
  • Have added mention of some colonization themed scenarios and possible mods (that I need to look into further) to the list (in the Sid Meier's Colonization section).
  • Have added mention of the almighty huge and very playable FreeCol Project originally built from FreeCiv which is still going today.

Blake's Sanctum:

(October 23rd, 2020, 10:44)GeneralKilCavalry Wrote: I honestly have no clue where I even got it from. Anything nice in the files, or just a repackaging of existing graphics.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/l...t-15942145

Uh oh.. Lord Malbeth says the War of the Ring file you gave me is actually one of his early builds of SotR. Weird though as the zip, the biqs and the asset folder all say War of the Ring?? Will question him further and seem if I can solve this mystery!

Blake's Sanctum:

Big update as I widened my search to get help from more communities out there and had some AWESOME responses from people so many thanks to everyone who's contacted me publicly and privately! I'm also starting to look more at newer Civilization games (4-6) and finding some good stuff. Someone pointed out that I should include a The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim etc) section and gave me several Civ scenarios for it I'd never heard of! I'm a huge TES fan so how could I say no! People also gave me some Warcraft scenarios so yup, we've got a new Warcraft section on the list too, hell maybe I should look at Starcraft while I'm at it too lol!

List updates...

Civ2:
Civ4:
  • Have added the Fallout: Tame The Waste Modpack (built from FR) that LonelyLurker told me about to the list.
  • Have added the Fury Road (Mad Max) Modpack that LonelyLurker told me about to the list.
  • Have managed to obtain Dale's Age of Discovery scenario missing download file (thanks Dale & Solver at WePlayCiv) and preserve it on CFC.
  • Modied existing mention of Firaxis Civ4 Colonization game to state that I'm giving it a seperate category in Colonization section (see below).

Civ4Col:
Civ5:
  • Have added The Elder Scrolls BNW Modpack that Gez told me about to the list.
  • Have added Spatzimaus's Alpha Centauri Modpack that Darsnan told me about to the list, however its download file is CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know and I'll put it on CFC!
  • Have added mention of Firaxis Civ Beyond Earth game to state that I'm giving it a seperate category in SMAC section (see below).

CivBE:
  • Have added the Beyond Centauri (SMAC) Modpack that elektrizikekswerk told me about to the list.
  • Have added The Unity Project (SMAC) Modpack that elektrizikekswerk told me about to the list.

Civ6:
FreeCiv:
  • Have added Azeroth scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.
  • Have added Mars Terraformed scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.
  • Have added The Americas scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.
  • Have added Caribbean Colonization 1634 scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.

AlphaC:
  • Have added GeoModder's Mars Survivor scenario that Darsnan told me about to the list, however its download file is CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know and I'll put it on CFC!
  • Have added mention of the SMAC repository that Darsnan told me about in the SMAC like scenarios (even though I'm technically looking for SMAC themed Civ scenarios) section too.

Blake's Sanctum: