Realms Beyond Forum

Full Version: PB 59 organizing and tech thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you have a time in mind to begin the game, or is it just 'as soon as ready?'
I'll sign up for slot #24.
I'm in as long as its a big game so I can justify playing casual. Second the no score option.

Edit: I don't think snakepick is doable with 20+ players, probably go for a 3-round random like PB38
Edit 2: I promised myself I'd be lurking the next game starting, to have something to read... But I also promised myself to play in the next big one, so...
We can leave Vassals on in the future.

yikes

Blasphemy I know. lol 

But seriously if I remember correctly we play "no vassals" because of the colony maintenance. Well I will disable colony maintenance in the future. At the same time I allowed human to human vassaling. Not sure if anybody will ever do that, but it's there.

I'm also interested in another big PB, but right now I can't commit to that. I will know for sure in the next two weeks, because then I will know if I've got the new apartment. smile
Vassals are a terrible mechanic.
(January 18th, 2021, 01:51)Tarkeel Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in as long as its a big game so I can justify playing casual. Second the no score option.

Edit: I don't think snakepick is doable with 20+ players, probably go for a 3-round random like PB38

+1 to this.
edited in tentative launch date in March, and signups. civac, interested?
We can also agree to a launch after PB55 has ended (no idea if that is before or after March 1st)

(January 17th, 2021, 22:50)Commodore Wrote: [ -> ]I'll sign up for slot #24.

I thought the magic number is 23?

(January 18th, 2021, 04:54)Jowy Wrote: [ -> ]
(January 18th, 2021, 01:51)Tarkeel Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in as long as its a big game so I can justify playing casual. Second the no score option.

+1 to this.

That a signup? I already listed you in the OP, so no escape tongue

Well if we ever want to play with vassals, this might be the game for it. But is there a reason why we would want to?
(January 18th, 2021, 03:44)civac2 Wrote: [ -> ]Vassals are a terrible mechanic.

Yes they aren't great, but you are not forced to use them, so I see no reason not to keep them in. The colony maintenance that came with vassals of course was a problem, because there was no way to avoid it until I remove it. But I don't want to force it on anybody, it's just another option we can vote on.

I really wanted to start another Diplo PB this year, but a big game like this is more rare then a diplo game. Also I just got a notice that I've got the new apartment and I will move some time during March or April. Would really like to play in this if it gets big and I hope I won't get problems changing ISP during the movement. If I do I can still fall back to my mobile for internet. So count me in, but like Commodore put me in the magic number 23. I'm also in favor of no score, but I think we do the voting with another nice spreadsheet, when we have more people.
I don't want a 3rd game. So if one of my other PBs is done or almost done then maybe. It's also likely that I will have less time for Civ in the following months than I do now. If you want to start in March I'd lean to yes but I can't say for sure yet.