Realms Beyond Forum

Full Version: PBEM9 Email Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Ruff_Hi Wrote:yay - we have our 5th. We should start a new thread so that we can discuss the type of game we want to play.

Sylon
Ruff
Pegasus
mackoti
Kodii

Ok - so, any general themes for this game?
Themes? Hm... I'm in favour of a map that has a decent amount of food (Not food-starved). And preferably at normal speed. I'm personally fine with huts and events on, though others might feel that it unbalances the game a little too much. What do the rest of you think?
unrestricted leaders?
tech trading?
communication?

What about a game where you can only communicate in-game?
Leaders
1a. Should Financial and Philosophical be banned? Or should it merely be paired with a weaker trait, like charismatic or protective? Alternatively, should it be allowed with no restrictions?

1b. Should leaders be restricted or unrestricted?

1c. Should duplicate leaders be allowed?

1d. Should the leaders be chosen by a snake pick? By the mapmaker? Or by other methods?

Tech Trading
2a. Should tech trading be on, or off?

Communication
3a. Should players be allowed to contact each other from the start, or only when they meet each other in-game?

3b. Should a player be allowed to serve as an intermediary between two civs that have not met each other, but have met the intermediary player?

3c. Should players be allowed to trade maps from the start, or only when paper comes in?

Miscellaneous
4a. Should huts be on, or off?

4b. Should events be on, or off?

4c. Should Ivory be allowed on the map? If so, should war elephants be banned?

Play Order

Post your preferred play window and time zone here.

Other Notes

If there are any preferred map or difficulty options you like, or any other points you would like to bring up, please post it here.
Leaders
1a. Should Financial and Philosophical be banned? Or should it merely be paired with a weaker trait, like charismatic or protective? Alternatively, should it be allowed with no restrictions? Either banned or paired with a weaker trait.

1b. Should leaders be restricted or unrestricted? Either is fine.

1c. Should duplicate leaders be allowed? No.

1d. Should the leaders be chosen by a snake pick? By the mapmaker? Or by other methods? Snake pick.

Tech Trading
2a. Should tech trading be on, or off? Off.

Communication
3a. Should players be allowed to contact each other from the start, or only when they meet each other in-game? After they have met in game.

3b. Should a player be allowed to serve as an intermediary between two civs that have not met each other, but have met the intermediary player? Sure.

3c. Should players be allowed to trade maps from the start, or only when paper comes in? Either is fine.

Miscellaneous
4a. Should huts be on, or off? Either is fine.

4b. Should events be on, or off? Either is fine.

4c. Should Ivory be allowed on the map? If so, should war elephants be banned? Ivory should be allowed, but elephants should be banned.

Play Order

GMT +8, 11am-10pm.

Other Notes

A map with decent food would be nice. Difficulty would preferably be no higher than Emperor. Everything else I will like to leave to the discretion of our mapmaker.
Leaders
1a. Should Financial and Philosophical be banned? Or should it merely be paired with a weaker trait, like charismatic or protective? Alternatively, should it be allowed with no restrictions?
No Preference

Either or

No

1d. Should the leaders be chosen by a snake pick? By the mapmaker? Or by other methods?
Snake Pick

Tech Trading
Off

Communication
3a. Should players be allowed to contact each other from the start, or only when they meet each other in-game?
Meet Ingame

3b. Should a player be allowed to serve as an intermediary between two civs that have not met each other, but have met the intermediary player?
Why not?

3c. Should players be allowed to trade maps from the start, or only when paper comes in?
No Preference

Miscellaneous
Off

Off

No Preference

Play Order

GMT-7, 8AM-Noon or after 6PM until September (after which just after 6PM)

Other Notes

Preferably nothing too large, good food, surprise me smile
Leaders
No Preference - link with 1d

Unrestricted

No

Lets leave this to the mapmaker on this occasion, makes it more intriguing to learn who we get in game. 2nd choice would be Snake Pick

Tech Trading
NTT

Communication
Only when they meet in game - and not through another civ you have met - but not bothered either way tbh

No - but again not high on my priorities really.

Paper - how about banning all screenshots in communications too, only allowed from trade in diplo screen?

Miscellaneous
Off

Off

If we go no WE then we may as well go no Ivory too.

Play Order

I play in GMT :neenernee may get chance to play early morning 6am - 8am
6am yikes what am I talking about!! lol Hard enough getting up for 8am lol but knowing I might have a turn to play is far easier waking up to than knowing one has to go to work right? :neenernee

Otherwise I aim to be available to play from 7pm onwards most nights.

Other Notes

Prefer a Standard time speed, can't remember the last quick game I played. Still happy to try something new though. Barbs, maybe not raging but no preference really. Monarch for difficulty - but happy to go higher.

What about unit / city gifting? I am going to stick my neck out and say no to both. Unit for Unit trade is ok and City for City trade is ok. But no gifting. How about saying we have to earn our HE the hard way. You earn it on your own, so only equal trading of promoted units?
I have requested from Griselda this be moved to a new PBEM 9 forum once created. So apologies to Griselda if one of the others have requested this already.

I trust everyone is happy with Jowy offering to do the map too?

Once again Jowy, thanks for the offer! toast
Sylon Wrote:Leaders
No restriction
Quote:1b. Should leaders be restricted or unrestricted?
happy either way
Quote:1c. Should duplicate leaders be allowed?
No
Quote:1d. Should the leaders be chosen by a snake pick? By the mapmaker? Or by other methods?
Happy either way. If mapmaker, then as long as his selections have RB acceptance.
Quote:Tech Trading
Off, Off, Off ... a 1000x off.

Quote:Communication
No.

Quote:3b. Should a player be allowed to serve as an intermediary between two civs that have not met each other, but have met the intermediary player?
No

Quote:3c. Should players be allowed to trade maps from the start, or only when paper comes in?
No

Quote:Miscellaneous
Off

Quote:4b. Should events be on, or off?
On

Quote:4c. Should Ivory be allowed on the map? If so, should war elephants be banned?
map maker

Quote:Play Order

Post your preferred play window and time zone here.
morning or evening. GMT-5

Quote:Other Notes

If there are any preferred map or difficulty options you like, or any other points you would like to bring up, please post it here.
Raging Barbs is a good method of controlling wild city spamming. Would prefer Noble difficulty. Normal speed is ok, but it does make the early turns a bit dull - what about if everyone started with a worker, warrior and 2x scout?
Ruff_Hi Wrote:Normal speed is ok, but it does make the early turns a bit dull - what about if everyone started with a worker, warrior and 2x scout?

Interesting proposal Ruff rolleye

2 scouts to hunt 4 other civs? That sounds an awful lot imo. Especially as I expect us all to be looking for each other. With no huts on also, i'm not sure.

Worker start. Hmmm this sounds like a possibility. Although if we leave Leader / Civ choice to Jowy i'm sure there will be a fair few curses if that worker has nothing to do for a fair few turns lol

Planning on grabbing an early religion? :neenernee

Warrior. Well I guess there is no excuse of bad luck if you lost your city at the start from starting with warrior and scout.

Personally, I am not too sure about this.
In order of preference I would go:

1) Normal start
2) 1 Scout / 1 Warrior
3) 1 Scout / 1 Warrior / 1 Worker
3) 2 Scouts / 1 Warrior / 1 Worker
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34