Realms Beyond Forum

Full Version: [Spoiler] PBEM12 Lurker thread - No players!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Let's get this started. Ruff - what can you tell us about the map?
With expansive India on quick speed and an arboreal map, this game should be Kyan's to lose.
Its a hand built map with the obvious twists of lots of trees and no rivers. I'll let the players reveal the map for you.
I'm guessing those spots of ice contain the strategic resources? If so, I like that twist - to get the resource takes extra worker labor for which you get a tile not really worth working. Of course, any twist involving worker labor probably slants to India's favor.
Yeah I can't help but think that this map is tailor-made for india. All those trees to chop!

Bobchillingworth

This is what we should have had for FFH Adventure I !

Also nice to see the Oasis getting some use. It's easy to forget that you can somehow irrigate an entire continent from a puddle.
So, this:

Tredje Wrote:I am working the oasis for a 8-turn Worker instead of forested plains for 7 turns. Not worth losing the 3 commerce from the oasis in my opinion.

Or this:

RefSteel Wrote:I guess Settle In Place + Worker First (working a plains forest) is obvious.

Nice to see a citizen placement debate on the first turn! FWIW, I agree with Tredje.
Ruff_Hi Wrote:Its a hand built map with the obvious twists of lots of trees and no rivers. I'll let the players reveal the map for you.

Care to explain the reasoning for the first choice? wink
Another hand mad map with replication but each 'square' was flip / flopped so they look different. I was going for a Fantasy_Realm feel hence the ice - I also did it pretty quickly from a fair height so I don't know if the map actually is any good - but everyone gets the same!

The trees - you can thank a map that Krill did for me for another game for that - as well as the big unfogged area.

Again - I didn't look who was in the game so I didn't actively favour India.
Kyan Wrote:Game size says duel???
That was a joke - you can edit the map size reported to the players in the WBS game. I would expect it will also have an impact on maintenance costs.
Quote:Yeehaw! Get in there. All forest + no rivers? Hello map designed for Peter of India. In case others are wondering, i did not sleep with Ruff. Thanks :neenernee
yeah - maybe I will get a bit of flack for this one. Well - that is what happens when you jam a map together in 10 mins without checking the civs.

Edit: thinking about this, India can clear 4 flat forest tiles with 3 workers in 4 turns. Others can clear the same number of tiles with 4 workers - solution: build more workers!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5