Realms Beyond Forum

Full Version: [SPOILERS] Meh. Plako organizing mess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Easy split up system: Lurkers welcome - other players go away.
Not really time for this at the moment, but couple of words nevertheless. Leader/civ is pretty much what I was hoping for. Not totally awful or good. In this setup Mehmed is a bit below average and Netherlands probably 2nd last useful nation right above Germany. A tad boring though. Nothing fancy on early warfare and Organized just works behind the scenes most of the time.

In the end leader+trait isn't that big deal in this setup. Starting position is way more important when considering the potential for success. There will be huge differences there.
Early game primary goal is easy to say - find metal. If you don't have it you're screwed. In some places horses can carry you through the early turns, but even then your aim will be using horses to claim the metal.

Now what do we've have to reach this goal. I've semi good starting techs. Fishing is not ideal, but in case we end up having sea food only natually best we can hope for. Agriculture is good and especially, if we've Grain food since it allows us to go straight to Mining-BW and even in case of having just cattle resource we're 1 tech closer than without it.

Our traits help a bit. We get our worker couple of turns earlier than rest of the crowd assuming I can somehow collect 4 hammers. That should mean faster settler to settle the copper and more hammers to build military.
Your start

[Image: pb7_dutch.jpg]
Thanks Mist.

This start seems like a pretty challenging one. Definately a bit weaker side. Main problem is to get things up running fast. I really shouldn't building WB, but Worker early.

I might had to settle on top of Bananas to get a faster start. Too bad there doesn't seem to be 3 food/hammer tiles close by besides the Banana.

Good thing is that I've at least 1 secure flank. possibly more depending on how the shoreline goes. Also sea food is obvivously good after I got them improved and can also build a cheap Lighthouse.
Checking in as a dedicated lurker.
Speaker Wrote:Checking in as a dedicated lurker.
Me too.
I would have been happy getting just one lurker of this caliber, but 2 is almost overwhelming lol. Speaker I'm honored to have you here. Any opinions concerning our start? I've been thinking whether to take the hut with the warrior or not since I think techs won't come out from huts before I've settled. I think there is no danger of getting barbs this early.
I have to agree, you are mighty lucky to have Cervantes as a lurker. That guy is a freaking beast!

Regarding your start: I'm not going to lie, if this was my start for a SP game, I would probably re-roll. smile

The good news is: you have tons of forests. I think you'll get the best view with your warrior by either moving it N or S. I don't see any really compelling reason to move your capital right now. Planting on the Banana would be awesome, but not at the expense of losing the coast.
I'm checking in too. smile

Founding on the bananas would work if it's coastal, which it doesn't seem to be. There's water SE of it but that doesn't look like the coast to me. Ideally we want to found away from the hut so that with the border pop we could potentially get a tech...why are there three units on the tile? Do we get a scout?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35