Realms Beyond Forum

Full Version: Mafia Helper: User script for filtering posts and making tallies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
This script is great novice, thanks.
Fixed a bug where votes using named colors weren't counted.
New version:
- I updated the Clear Tally function to clear all counted votes, to add support for the common scenario where the GM deletes the game thread and the script is left keeping count of votes from phantom posts
- Now counts votes posted in italics, bold, underline, and combinations thereof.
(January 30th, 2014, 03:15)novice Wrote: [ -> ]the common scenario where the GM deletes the game thread

angry
Novice,

Is it possible to add a button or function in your script that can take you to the start of that day?
Since we have better control over the website files now, would it be easy/make any sense to try and repackage this as a forum plugin so that it's always available? It seems to me like it might be more convenient but I'm not experienced in web scripting so i don't know how difficult that'd be.
That would be a very different approach and probably require a complete rewrite. Unless there exists some kind of generic "apply a browser user script on the server side" plugin. In fact, that's the plugin I would write if I were to get my hands dirty with it.
Isn't it as easy as adding a script reference to the user script to certain php pages? I don't know how MyBB plugins are designed, but that's all the plugin would need to actually do.
Maybe it is. You need substitutes for GM_SetValue() etc. but you can use window.localStorage. I was thinking that per-user state should be stored on the server, but there's no strict need for that.
Heh, just checked the code, and it's already using that. Should be quite feasible then. Still not 100% sure that it's a good idea, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9