Realms Beyond Forum

Full Version: Mafia Helper: User script for filtering posts and making tallies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
It was just a thought so that it wouldn't have to be installed by each user on each browser that they use. Though I bet everyone who wants to use it already has it set up.
That certainly would be nice. I don't have it set up on my iPads currently, and don't know if that's even possible. If it's a feature that each user can choose to enable in their forum settings then I guess there's no harm, either.
User scripts don't work on all devices so in that respect a plugin would be useful.
(February 6th, 2015, 18:09)zakalwe Wrote: [ -> ]That certainly would be nice. I don't have it set up on my iPads currently, and don't know if that's even possible. If it's a feature that each user can choose to enable in their forum settings then I guess there's no harm, either.

I"d have to look at the code of another plugin i've looked at that has the feature for it, but I think I could be able to have it enabled on a by thread basis for creators of WW game threads to check when making the game threads, so users dont even have to do that and it won't clutter up any non-WW threads.

Edit: This is the plugin with that feature that I mentioned.
Haven't worked on pluginizing, but here's something simple I just threw together cause gaz mentioned difficulty voting on mobile.

Mardoc

I'm assuming you can just add in code to accept names in vote tags as well as the colors?
(February 24th, 2015, 18:36)BRickAstley Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't worked on pluginizing, but here's something simple I just threw together cause gaz mentioned difficulty voting on mobile.

Mardoc

I'm assuming you can just add in code to accept names in vote tags as well as the colors?

Yeah that should be easy to fix, with the caveat that I haven't looked at what the generated html looks like. Do you need the Vote: part though?

Will you make a "Start of day" tag for the mod to use while you're at it? It's annoying to have to tag the day starts yourself.
Guess not, I'll remove that.

Any specific html you want for either the vote or the start/end of day? The vote is currently just a font color ff0000 and a strong around the surrounded text.
(February 25th, 2015, 15:10)BRickAstley Wrote: [ -> ]novice

The Vote tag is rendered as a strong element inside a span element. Can you remove the strong element, as it causes the script to not recognize the vote? If you want bolded text you can add a style attribute with font-weight: bold.

Novice
I removed the strong, so that it's just the coloring. It doesn't look like the script picks that up as currently written though.
(February 25th, 2015, 15:30)BRickAstley Wrote: [ -> ]I removed the strong, so that it's just the coloring. It doesn't look like the script picks that up as currently written though.

You removed the span element as well, now it's just a font element.

The vote counting logic looks for spans with a color style that is reddish, inside a div with class post_body.

If you use the "inspect element" context menu option in chrome to compare this
BRickAstley (counted vote)

with this
BRickAstley (vote generated with vote tag)

then you know what you have to aim for.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9