Realms Beyond Forum

Full Version: [TECH] Civ 6 PBEM 11 (Mid-late May Start)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
There was some brief discussion at the end of PBEM 5 about organizing PBEM starting middle of May. Having for the most part completed my move, and not seeing a thread opened yet, I'll go ahead and start an organizing thread:

Sign-ups:
1. Cornflakes (play window GMT 1000-1400 ... flexible early game to get in extra turns 1400-0000)
2. Pindicator (from PBEM #5 0100 - 0600 UTC)
3. Rowain (from PBEM #3: 17:00 UTC - 20:30 UTC)
4. TheArchduke (from PBEM #4: 5:00-7:00, 16:00-20:00 GMT)
5. rho21 (1930-0030 UTC)
6. ???
***MAP MAKER*** Emperor K

To summarize map settings for Emperor K:

Base game only, no DLC or expansion
Ancient Era start
Barbs on, huts off
Map type: Continents
Size: Small (6 player default)
Low sea level
New world age
All other map settings standard (resources, rainfall, etc.)

Bans: Venetian Arsenal, Scythia, Sumeria, England

Some further guidelines the map maker:
  • Minimum 12 tiles between starting positions
  • Minimum guaranteed 1 of each type of strategic resource within easy access (within e.g. 5 tiles of capital, not within CS borders). 2nd copy OK within CS borders or more difficult to access
  • Number of City States = two times number players as starting guideline. +/- 1 at map-maker's discretion based on spacing/etc.
  • All CS placed either coastal or dry, not fresh water to avoid capturing size 10 CS early game. Adding a mountain or 1-tile lake within range for aqueduct is suggested especially for dry CS locations.
  • When locating CS, try to leave as many settling options as possible available for the players (e.g. don't invalidate all freshwater sites in a particular direction from a player)
  • Don't try to re-roll specific CS when setting up the starting save. Ok to look at the generic type distribution and re-roll at map maker's discretion. (just to re-iterate it is not possible to select the specific CS)
  • Sprinkle in some mountains into regions which are devoid of rivers/lakes in order to give players the option to build aqueducts later on
Anything I missed on settings and/or map guidelines?
I had been hoping that the spring patch would come out first, but it's anyone's guess for when that comes out now.

Still interested, those settings are fine
I'm down, although I definitely won't be ready to start for another couple of weeks. No harm in starting to work out settings in the interim.
I would like to join.

Usual playtime: 5-6 AM GMT (Monday - Wednesday)
1 hour later on thursdays
Fr-Sunday 2 hours later

On most days I can get a turn in between 5 PM (17:00) - 8 PM (20:00) GMT too

Prefer ancient era-starts
Signing up.

Middle or End of May sounds good.

A third PBEM may be a bit time intensive, but I gave up on playing SP.

I am fine with any DLC
I prefer Continents to Pangea but fine with anything really.
Regardless of map type, I would ban Scythia and the VA (one unit and one for free is just to heavy)
Medieval start could be quite... interesting, although some civs would get the cut here. I am fine either way.
Good map guidelines.
Hmm, I'm tempted to sign up but I don't know how much time PBEM 10 is going to take up. It could be over by the time this one really gets going, it could be in the middle of a complex war.

I guess I'll take the final spot if no-one else wants it. If they do, I'll hopefully have time to make you a map.
If you will have a relatively new person I would like to play. 
Available is Monday -Friday before 830 am.  Monday Wednesday and Friday 8pm to 10pm, Tuesdays not much in the pm. Thursdays 9 to 10 pm.  Weekends varriable but generally free. All times eastern us.  Not sure if that is too restrictive. 

I like the Medieval start idea personally. I do not have the DLC but if it means someone gets a dlc civ and I do not that is fine.
I updated the first post with time windows (taken from previous games, let me know if your availability has changed). Looks like there is a decent order: Cornflakes > oledavy > [Rowain/TheArchduke] > [gap from 2030-0100] > Pindicator > [gap from 0600 - 1000]. Ideally the 6th player would fill in one of the gaps.

@ Rowain & TheArchduke: Your time windows are pretty much identical. In PBEM #8 I see that TheArchduke is (was mischief) was before Rowain. Did this work well? Or would you prefer swapping this time around?

@rho21: your play window (from PBEM #10: 2100 - 0300 UTC) fits well within one of the gaps if you want the 6th spot.
Early Bird in the morning and evening here, Rowain. I think spotwise I am better off before.
It depends when the turn arives. In pbem8 it worked well with archduke going before me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24