Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Tatan, CFCJester and Nakor try their hand at Mansu of India...

We can do the walls first then go back to archers. I'd rather send all the warriors though since the loss of FoF would be almost fatal. We have time to whip CG to get at least 2 archers there to defend and warriors behind walls do us more good than a lone warrior at CG, especially given the importance of holding FoF. FG can do a trireme np although we still want to funnel archers to SM once the galley is in position.

I'll play according to the plan so will not move the last warrior out of CG. You'll have to end the turn so that we can still move the last warrior if you agree with my reasoning.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

(February 10th, 2013, 02:21)CFCJesterFool Wrote: We can do the walls first then go back to archers. I'd rather send all the warriors though since the loss of FoF would be almost fatal. We have time to whip CG to get at least 2 archers there to defend and warriors behind walls do us more good than a lone warrior at CG, especially given the importance of holding FoF. FG can do a trireme np although we still want to funnel archers to SM once the galley is in position.

I'll play according to the plan so will not move the last warrior out of CG. You'll have to end the turn so that we can still move the last warrior if you agree with my reasoning.

Agreed, let's move the last warrior to FoF as well.

Played most of the turn. We have a choice to make before ending turn (let the warrior stay at CG). Do we want GA to build wealth so we can get Construction in 4t or build an archer in 8t...I changed the citizen to the unimproved PH for more hammers. Next turn we can probably micro to take GA off of wealth (without slowing Construction down) but imo, we need cats asap.

Edit: okay we'll send the last warrior too
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

(February 10th, 2013, 02:47)CFCJesterFool Wrote: Played most of the turn. We have a choice to make before ending turn (let the warrior stay at CG). Do we want GA to build wealth so we can get Construction in 4t or build an archer in 8t...I changed the citizen to the unimproved PH for more hammers. Next turn we can probably micro to take GA off of wealth (without slowing Construction down) but imo, we need cats asap.

I'm ok with GA building wealth. Are you going to change it?

(February 10th, 2013, 03:05)Nakor Wrote:
(February 10th, 2013, 02:47)CFCJesterFool Wrote: Played most of the turn. We have a choice to make before ending turn (let the warrior stay at CG). Do we want GA to build wealth so we can get Construction in 4t or build an archer in 8t...I changed the citizen to the unimproved PH for more hammers. Next turn we can probably micro to take GA off of wealth (without slowing Construction down) but imo, we need cats asap.

I'm ok with GA building wealth. Are you going to change it?
I'll send the last warrior, take some pics and end the turn. I already changed GA to wealth...just wanted to make sure we agreed on the moves since we can't micro after ending turn (at least according to my understanding of the rules). The tide turns once we can build cats. smile

First things first...
[Image: pb8t118.jpg]
Very expensive whip (3 pop) but it had to be done. We have enough overflow to 1t an archer after the walls complete and can whip indefinitely as long as we don't lose FoF. Unfortunately, since we already had so much whip anger in CG (thanks barb galley for nothing) I had to leave one warrior there. Two warriors will add to the garrison at FoF before Scooter can attack (or it could be Pin who plays the turn, tbh I prefer Pin to do the dirty deed...I like the guy and who doesn't like friendly competition anyway. Note to self - stop being a girl, nobody cares about yo feelings bro. lol )

We are in an arms race...what could it mean? Playing Deity sp, it means dogpile...on us. In mp, it only means expect dogpile. banghead
[Image: pb8t118a.jpg]
Tip - you still need to check all the screens every turn...very easy to forget the rest of the game when you are focused on only one aspect (in our case being attacked). The turn demos (not looking good atm)...
[Image: pb8t118b.jpg]

A personal note : I hope the thread has been informative/amusing/entertaining so far. I think the thing I like about RB the most is the lurker experience it provides and I have tried to live up to the RB standard. Tbh, I add some drama to the mix because I am trying to fill that entertainer role...the question always is "is it live or is it memorex". Naturally, gameplay is 100% the truth, everything else gets influenced by adult beverages. lol GL HF!!! (yeah, love Starcraft II as well, just am terrible at it).

Edit: Oh yeah, we ended turn...just need to wait.

Sorry for my hiatus. Have to carry work home nowadays and am usually too tired to log in after a whole day's job. Hopefully this will change when my new colleagues know their way around a little.

So I take a short leave and you get involved in a war immediately, eh? You can't really blame them though, they're doing all they can to survive. After losing city after city to Commodore they probably decided to look for a weak link and found the GLH with a comparatively low military protection irresistable. This is not personal, JF smile

Let's not wait for Construction, please. If they play their cards right they have pillaged some of our seafoods of FoF and of CG by then and we won't have the means to whip cats. Hopefully that galley will hold, but other than that we won't have too much protection for our sacred crabbies. Whipping a trireme there might be a good idea. Also, archers are nice but we rather want axes and spears to deal with them in the open field. I don't think they'll go against FoF next turn, we have plenty of minimally defended juicy cities up for the taking. We want to organize a counter attack soonish.

Why the hell is GA building wealth on a 2H tile at size 1???
Dedlurking: Tatan / CFCJesterFool / Nakor in Pitboss 8 as Mansa of India. (already dead frown )

Dedlurking: HidingKneel in EitB PBEM XXV as Tessa of the Ljosalfar.

(February 10th, 2013, 06:23)UnforcedError Wrote: Sorry for my hiatus. Have to carry work home nowadays and am usually too tired to log in after a whole day's job. Hopefully this will change when my new colleagues know their way around a little.

So I take a short leave and you get involved in a war immediately, eh? You can't really blame them though, they're doing all they can to survive. After losing city after city to Commodore they probably decided to look for a weak link and found the GLH with a comparatively low military protection irresistable. This is not personal, JF smile

Let's not wait for Construction, please. If they play their cards right they have pillaged some of our seafoods of FoF and of CG by then and we won't have the means to whip cats. Hopefully that galley will hold, but other than that we won't have too much protection for our sacred crabbies. Whipping a trireme there might be a good idea. Also, archers are nice but we rather want axes and spears to deal with them in the open field. I don't think they'll go against FoF next turn, we have plenty of minimally defended juicy cities up for the taking. We want to organize a counter attack soonish.

Why the hell is GA building wealth on a 2H tile at size 1???
We don't have metal so can only build archers until cats. They attacked before GA could grow to sz 2...I'd rather it autoraze than be captured.

I know it's not personal...you just need to go back and read my thoughts on the matter.

I'll make you a bet, they will go after FoF, I would. smile

Photobucket is acting up right now (I'll edit post once that's sorted) but Scooter has another stack with 2 cats+2 axe+2 impi iirc. The other stack didn't move (just pillaged). I know their GNP is -7 so they probably need gold...FoF is definitely the target.

@ Nakor - already marked save but not feeling so great right now (been a long time since I drank two days in a row, thankfully my friend is gone. lol ). Can you play the turn? I'll check back later (still ~19h on the clock) but I probably need to take some aspirin and rest up...sucks getting old. frown

Finally was able to upload to Photobucket...not sure what the problem was...
[Image: pb8t119a.jpg]
Made obvious moves but didn't end turn. Still have ~16 hours left on the timer so not a question of holding up the save on purpose. It is only fair that Nakor gets to look at the save and make adjustments (plus we have one whip left that is not so obvious). I need to go to bed (struggle just to stay up this long). Commentary is going to have to wait.