Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

RB Mod PBEM?

I'm fine with it but I'd prefer to add in 1 additional leader/civ combo (Genghis/Mongolia, Roosevelt or Lincoln/America, Monty/Aztecs for example), and the map size would have to be adjusted slightly, probably to 24*52.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(August 20th, 2013, 05:45)Krill Wrote: I'm fine with it but I'd prefer to add in 1 additional leader/civ combo (Genghis/Mongolia, Roosevelt or Lincoln/America, Monty/Aztecs for example), and the map size would have to be adjusted slightly, probably to 24*52.

I'm fine with whatever you all think is best.

Well, increasing the map size keeps the average amount of land per player very similar, and seriously who picks Mongolia or America.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Extra player and a bit more land in total to make room sounds fine to me. smile
fnord

Fine with both (leader, land)

No objections.
I have to run.

K updated the ruleset for the game.

(August 17th, 2013, 06:09)Krill Wrote: Then we use the following settings:

[Unrestricted leaders]
No Tech Trading
No Vassal States
No Events
No Espionage

Map settings:
Monarch Difficulty
Normal Speed
Toroidal wrap
Pitboss

And then snake pick from the following leaders/civs, after seeing the start:

Quote:Boudicea, Hammurabi, Tokugawa, Cyrus, Saladin, Fredrick, Stalin, Lincoln

Celts, Babylon, Japan, Persia, Arabia, Germany, Russia, America

With the snake pick being randomized in order. That leaves the map.
  • Torusworld
  • Map size: Standard
  • Strategic resources: Balanced (Copper, iron, horse, oil)
  • Water style: Lakes (15% water)
  • Scattered improvements: 1 per 10 tiles (hey, some craziness)
  • Starting units stacked: yes (otherwise player 0 gets unstacked units but everyone else has them stacked...but the map maker can change this when placing units manually)
  • Width: 52 tiles
  • Height: 24 tiles (1248 tiles total)
  • Mountain ranges: 14%
  • Improvements at capital: No (easier to not make an unintentional fuck up)

Just waiting on starting screenshots and someone to role a pick order.

Looks good!
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

FWIW, the reason Lincoln got added was that there were 4 AGG leaders already so I discounted Genghis and Monty, then tossed a coin for Lincoln or Roosevelt. Lincoln won. And I think America has been picked the least number of times in any game (only PBEM2 IIRC, though Serdoa rolled it in PB13).

Merovech offered to build tomorrow, I was going to PM him but his box is full...tongue
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.