For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

FFH Adventure 7: Beeri's Brawl

After a (checks watch), eight year hiatus, it's finally time for...

FFH Adventure 7- Beeri's Brawl

Sponsor: Bobchillingworth
Opening Date: 07/15/2020
Closing Date: 08/28/2020
Map Script: Modified Donut
Game Speed: Normal
Difficulty: Emperor (technically)
Civilization: Luchuirp

Leader: Beeri Bawl

[Image: eR6qMOC.jpg]

World Size: Standard
Opponents: 12
Victory: Any
Options: Increasing Difficulty, No Acheron, No Tech Trading, Permanent Alliances enabled, No Vassal States, Living World, All Unique Features
Version: EitB v12.1  

Intro:  One evening, at the Leader's Lounge, Beeri Bawl was living up to his first name, when, too deep into his cups and desperate for respect, he made a boast to the assembled patrons he would soon regret.  "Th' Luchiurp are th'... th' best fighters around!" he slurred, "I'd bet ten thousand gold we could beat a, uh, a... anyone here!  In a fight!  And then you'd call me Beeri Brawn!".

Well, the other leaders weren't about to let that pass, and each turned to face Beeri while affixed with assorted glares.

"Really, brother," replied Kandros Fir, voice laden with contempt, "Can ye warriors even heft an axe, or must yer automatons do it for ya?"

"Can you bind beings of forbidden realms to your will?" sneered Os Gabella

"I do not believe the your people enjoy divine favor." Sabathiel dispassionately stated, while Basium silently nodded

"Your steeds are tasty, I'll grant them that!" laughed Tasunke

"WE WOULD NOT PACT WITH YOUR MEAGER RACE EVEN WERE YOU TO IMPLORE US." bellowed Hyborem

"Can your scouts move swiftly and kill silently?" asked Volanna

"Do you command the seasons themselves?" queried Auric

"Your arcane power leaves much to be desired." shrugged Valledia disapprovingly

"As does your spiritual development." chided Varn Gosam

"Frankly, I'm not certain your people could even determine the pointed end of an arrow, let alone notch one in a bow." scoffed Amelanchier

"Also, yall's boats are fulla holes an' ugly to boot." drawled Falamar.  

At this point Beeri was fit to justify his last name too, when he managed to pull himself together enough to stammer a retort.  "W-well, to hell with your guys!" (Hyborem winked appreciatively), "We don't need Golems or Gods to show you jerks who's the toughest civilization around!  You'll see!  You'll all see!"  And with that, Beeri stormed out of the bar, sniffling and flailing his little arms as he half-ran, half-stumbled his way home.  

In the cold light of the next morning, head still throbbing from the night before, Beeri consulted his assembled generals.  "Alright boys, the Gods have forsaken us, and The Anti-Golem Defamation League has deactivated our combat units in protest, but I'm certain we can show these bums what's what though our own hardy dwarven might.  What can we field?"  

"Well," replied one, tugging at his beard thoughtfully, "the golems and priests comprised around a combined 98% of our combat forces, but we could form some civilian militia; many of our citizens already own mining equipment, and most are only slightly obese.  Oh, and there's Captain Rah Shair's detachment of battle swine!"  

And yet again Beeri was ready to cry.  

Scenario / Rules:

You're playing as the Luchiurp, and are forbidden from producing any Golem units besides Mud Golems (including Barnaxus), as well as any Disciple units.  You are also prohibited from adopting a religion or researching any tech which founds a religion or grants a free religious missionary unit (including Nightwatch).  Play as though Beeri has the "Agnostic" leader trait.  Please consult the Civilopedia if in doubt as to whether a given unit type is categorized as being part of the "Disciple" line.  Great Prophets are not Discipline units, and can be used for any purpose other than bulbing a religious tech.  

You are allowed to control any otherwise banned unit you are able to obtain via one of the game's various mind-control abilities, a lucky event, a lair result, or other such trickery not explicitly banned above.  Such units may be employed as you see fit.  

In the highly unlikely scenario that you obtain a religious tech via a lair, event, or other circumstance beyond your control, consider it a sign of divine favor and play on.  

In the event you accidentally build a prohibited unit, research a banned tech, or otherwise inadvertently break the rules, simply reload to an earlier save.  

You cannot abandon the Luchiurp civilization.  

The above rules only apply to the player's civ.

Concerning the scenario difficulty level- each AI has received unique boosts designed to help compensate in some fashion for their rampant incompetence.  AI whom insist on playing a self-imposed OCC variant regardless are to be euthanized at the player's discretion.  Expect a game which is challenging, but by no means impossible.  

Scoring:

No points system for this challenge; players will be simply ranked in order of fastest completion turn.  All victory conditions are enabled, and any is acceptable.  

Closing Day: Friday, August 28, 2020. Reports for scoring purposes are due by the end of Monday, August 31, your local time.  Reports are allowed before the deadline, provided they are marked and encased in spoiler tags appropriately.

Please post reports in the Civ 4 Events subforum.

Attached Files
.zip   EitB Adventure 7 Start.zip (Size: 55.93 KB / Downloads: 23)

It has been ages since I played any FFH. And I have always sucked as the Luchiurp anyway. I expect a swift and inglorious death in this one. lol

I'll fight you for the first to die victory condition Haphazard.

Oh, that's a three-way fight, at least lol .
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Oh goody, I've a whole month and a half to play. Must make sure I complete this one.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

I'll play this, always got time for more civ these days

so the arcane line is fair game? And if so, is the Flesh Golem banned mischief ?

Arcane units, meaning units of the Arcane type, are fair game. I don't remember if Flesh Golems actually have the Golem race or not, but if they do then summoning one counts as "producing", and therefore is banned.

(July 16th, 2020, 17:25)Bobchillingworth Wrote: Arcane units, meaning units of the Arcane type, are fair game.  I don't remember if Flesh Golems actually have the Golem race or not, but if they do then summoning one counts as "producing", and therefore is banned.

Just to be sure, the Luchuirp can build (arc-) mages,  correct? According to the Civpedia and F6 they should,  but I'd want to be sure there isn't some mod change that I'm missing.

I haven't played civ in probably 6 years, but I'm tempted to figure out how to get it running on my Mac just because I remember how much fun the last FFH map Bob created was...

Darrell