For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

PB54 tech and organizing

Mod: CtH v1.4.4 https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...#pid743973

Address pb.zulan.net:2054

Picks:
Naufragar- Augustus of Spain
Ruff-Hi - Hannibal of Japan
Miguelito - Justinian of the Byzantine
MrCairo - Ragnar of England
giraflorens - Pericles of Russia
El Grillo - Charlemagne of Khmer
Vanrober - Cyrus of Mongolia
scooter - Gandhi of Korea
superdeath - Darius of HRE
Elkad - Washington of Maya
Mjmd - Victoria of India

Settings:
Mod: CtH 1.4.3
Map: Commodore Special
Pick method: snake
Barbarians: normal
Events: off
Difficulty: Monarch
Diplo: True AI diplo (game option)
War weariness: on
CtH inflation mod: on
spies for scouting: allowed
No Map Trading: off
No Wonder resource modifiers: off
No Score: on
No City Trading (game option): on
City count tied to espionage: on
the usual: No huts, no vassals, no tech trading no city trading

Start: aiming for September 1. Signups open until August 20
Base mod: CtH 1.4
Other settings to be voted on (after closing signups): pick method, barbs, AI diplo, monarch/emperor/?,  city trading, spies, huts, crossbows/galleys/privateers if RtR, whatever else is on your heart.
Players: 8-12
Map: rather tight, but let's see everybody's wishes and what prospective mapmakers have in mind

Special feature: No score mod!

To elaborate on the no score thingy This is a variant of the existing mods where there's no score for population, tech, land, wonders, none. This eliminates the minigame on PBspy of tracking whips, cities getting founded, techs, conquests, and all that. Instead, if you want intelligence on the other players, you've got to earn that by in game means. Hopefully that makes scouting, espionage, open borders and the like much more meaningful. Also included is removal of the city list in the diplo screen and probably the city counter on the scoreboard will be unlocked only when you get graphs.
The best thing about it: Charriu has offered to make it! Praise be upon him bow !

Players
1. Miguelito
2. Mjmd
3. Naufragar
4. superdeath
5. Amicalola 
5. Elkad
6. Ruff-Hi
7. Vanrober
8. El Grillo
9. giraflorens
10. Barbarian
11. MrCairo
12. scooter

Spreadsheet for the settings vote: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

It goes without saying that I would like you guys and gals to decide on which mod to use first, so that I can start working on it.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(July 22nd, 2020, 03:11)Miguelito Wrote: Also included is removal of the city list in the diplo screen

This is already in both mods and is achieved via the "No city trading" game option.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Ok I'll bumb this. I should have time for another pitboss by then... Would probably only play CtH.

I don't really care, but just curious why the special format? Might be throwing some people off (if it is I would love to hear why other than your lazy like me).

We had a no score game in the past so it's not totally new.

Buy me a coffee

I'd be down for a game come late August/ early September. Can't do diplo. Down for just about anything else (while reserving the right to complain, of course. wink  )
There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.

Great to have you, Mjmd and naufragar

I'm on the fence still regarding the mod. Ironically, RtR is what I know, but the CtH games have been fun to lurk, and it doesn't have camps at AH and pastures at hunting.

I put a roster into the first post. superdeath is included by default.

To answer your question Mjmd: I just think that you should get your intelligence from in game resources and have to work for it. In particular, you should not have intelligence on players you haven't even met yet. (you can argue that score is an in game resource, and that PBspy only makes it more comofrtable to track, but I think the way we read score borders an exploit. It got carried over from single player where I beleive it was intended to serve mainly motivational purposes, and we use it to monitor opponents during their turns.
To give an example. I made my first PB experience with PB 49. In that game, I got the info from PBspy that my neighbour Ruff conquered a city from superdeath, whom I hadn't met yet. This influenced my game in 2 ways - on the one hand, I could relax the defense versus Ruff a bit, as he would have to be vigilant against his other neighbour, on the other my Oracle build on t59 seemed feasible only with the one IND player weakened and hopefully more interested in revenge than building a wonder. So that influenced my in game decisions pretty much, (in fact it decided a crucial part of my game plan, and everything that followed from that), but it was based on info that I feel I should never have got. Other example - why should I know from PBspy, in real time, when my neighbour is whipping massively. That is info that I should get from in scouts, spies, graphs etc.

(July 25th, 2020, 16:28)Miguelito Wrote: I put a roster into the first post. superdeath is included by default.

nod
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(July 25th, 2020, 21:52)superdeath Wrote:
(July 25th, 2020, 16:28)Miguelito Wrote: I put a roster into the first post. superdeath is included by default.

nod
Glad to have you on board! That makes 4 of us already thumbsup