Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Meklars final war isolated start

I played a game where I got isolated start but good 2nd planet and OK 3d planet, everything being 7 parsecs away. Unfortunately final war was triggered just as I got fusion beams and propulsion to start expanding.

I think it's interesting game, so I'm attaching a save - unfortunately I don't have final save. There are transports heading to silicoid planet next turn which you can most likely take if you bomb before landing.

Problem is holding planet and expanding. Is there an ace who can win this here?

Attached Files
.zip   SAVE7.GAM.zip (Size: 5.23 KB / Downloads: 2)

Firing the merculite missiles and the beams did the trick. It is luck dependant however, I reloaded 4 times and managed to get the planet 2 times out of 5. It does not matter much as you can not hold it.

I switched research to drives to get our transports across the galaxy quicker.

The difference in capturing or not is negligible. I got duralloy armor out of it and had to run away from 5 of those.

Yikes.

Retreat. Ah the guardian is in the system next to us. Ok.

And the paw patrol patrols the system.

Other star systems are unexplored like Omicron. That is bad. Hit and Run is the best you can do. I think eliminating the AI one by one and avoiding their fleets is the way to go.

Your fleet is not strong enough at all to do this. My initial tries die to 30 scatter pack VII as you have not scouted enough. I scrapped all ships.

Soon after hitting end turn 10 times, I am forced to erect bases at Whynil. We research further.

Omega V Bombs are in and we only have bad choices. I think the missile boat idea is valid. Getting Pulsons next.

Personal Absorption Shields for some direly needed gropo are next.

Advanced Space Scanner is in, solving our scouting issue.

Berel is the designated target.

Hitting end turn 20 times?

Copy protection popping up. Funny.

I design a Heavy Fusion Bomb 4.0 design and get to it.

Time is running out whilst U build quicker and better designs as Meklon is soon attacked as well. I have to invest ressources into bases.

I take over Berel 20 turns later with 3 huges and bomb it and conquer it. Then I start moving from place to place and bomb the AI where they do not have fleets.

Best you can do really.

My advice is not to get painted into a corner if can be avoided. Do you have the initial save as well?