I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

PB57 Organizing Thread

Any interest in a new RtR game?

Settings
- Normal game speed
- Monarch difficulty
- Unrestricted leaders
- No technology trading
- No vassal states
- No tribal villages
- No random events
- True AI Diplo
- Advanced start ancient era
- City gifting: restricted to 1 city per peace treaty
- Unit gifting: banned by game setting
- Map trading: banned by game setting
- Barbarians: on
- Toroidal
- Map: non-mirror
- Map size: standard 100-120
- single landmass
- no super-lush “contested” center/borders between players.

Conversion to sequential:
Quote:- at first DoW, or T30 (whichever is earlier). On T29 play turns according to sequential play order, last player pauses instead of ending turn and PM's Ramk.
- prior to T29, make good faith effort to declare war according to player ID (try to take first half if lower ID, 2nd half if higher ID).
- if war is declared prior to T29, give first-in-turn-order option to convert to sequential immediately or continue with simultaneous (either inconsequential scouting war, or double-move issue with turn ID out of order where first would rather delay conversion until a better time for the double-move to occur).

Play order:
1. The Black Sword 1700-2300 GMT (I'm pretty flexible about playing before that these days)
2. Old Harry [1900-2300 UTC]
3. Pindicator [5pm - 9pm Pacific / 0100 - 0500 UTC] although I can most likely fit it in throughout the work day
4. Cornflakes [6-9 am Eastern US / 1100 - 1400 UTC]
5. Gavagai  05:00 - 21:00 GMT

I'm tempted, but I need a while to decompress after '52 so wouldn't be up for starting before December.

I'm interested in some form of game, though not sure what. Doing another advanced start or different era start to keep things interesting would be good.

Just to keep you updated. I will most likely do another update of RtR when you start playing. No gameplay changes, just some bugfixes in BUG etc. You don't need to wait for me, I can assemble the mod rather quickly.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

December start is fine with me. I would prefer advanced start over a later era.

Preference for city trading allowed as part of peace deal. Possibly impose limit of one city traded per peace deal, or return of up to two captured cities per peace deal.

If Black Sword and Harry will play, I will join too. I would prefer a normal pitboss but can do anything.

I’m ok relaxing the map size limit with a more spacious map if we just have a small game. My main concern is that I don’t want to be micromanaging a 40 city empire as an also-ran.

Considering a December start, should we close signups 11/30?

That sounds good. If there's only 4-5 of us should we play sequential?

(November 4th, 2020, 14:32)The Black Sword Wrote: I'm interested in some form of game, though not sure what. Doing another advanced start or different era start to keep things interesting would be good.

dito 

If i were to play, id prefer it NOT be a different era start... this time
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

I'm good with going with the majority on pretty much anything I guess, including normal start vs advanced start. Preference for not going sequential so we can (hopefully) keep the early turns moving quickly.