Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

PB57 Organizing Thread

I saw Old Harry mention a mirrored map in another thread. I’m not opposed to a mirrored map. Not necessarily in favor, more indifferent. Any other thoughts on map specifications? Mapmaker volunteers?

(November 15th, 2020, 15:17)The Black Sword Wrote: I'm good with going with the majority on pretty much anything I guess, including normal start vs advanced start. Preference for not going sequential so we can (hopefully) keep the early turns moving quickly.

How would you feel about switching to sequential at t50 or whenever the first (serious) war is declared? Noble thinks it's possible and it would stop any clock shenanigans...

(November 18th, 2020, 17:53)Cornflakes Wrote: I saw Old Harry mention a mirrored map in another thread. I’m not opposed to a mirrored map. Not necessarily in favor, more indifferent. Any other thoughts on map specifications? Mapmaker volunteers?

I'd like to play a mirror, but don't want to force my preference on anyone. Also happy to play advance start. If it's just the five of us then a few more tiles per player would be good, but I'm with you on not wanting to manage another >30-city empire for a while.

(November 18th, 2020, 18:34)Old Harry Wrote:
(November 15th, 2020, 15:17)The Black Sword Wrote: I'm good with going with the majority on pretty much anything I guess, including normal start vs advanced start. Preference for not going sequential so we can (hopefully) keep the early turns moving quickly.

How would you feel about switching to sequential at t50 or whenever the first (serious) war is declared? Noble thinks it's possible and it would stop any clock shenanigans...

(November 18th, 2020, 17:53)Cornflakes Wrote: I saw Old Harry mention a mirrored map in another thread. I’m not opposed to a mirrored map. Not necessarily in favor, more indifferent. Any other thoughts on map specifications? Mapmaker volunteers?

I'd like to play a mirror, but don't want to force my preference on anyone. Also happy to play advance start. If it's just the five of us then a few more tiles per player would be good, but I'm with you on not wanting to manage another >30-city empire for a while.
Id love to try an advanced start, and if its possible to swap to a sequential PB ( NOT PBEM ) when a major war starts/ect... id be fine i guess.

Mirror is fine as well, Especially if Advanced start.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Quote:How would you feel about switching to sequential at t50 or whenever the first (serious) war is declared? Noble thinks it's possible and it would stop any clock shenanigans...

That sounds good to me. Sometimes it's a nice surprise when you can get through 2t in a day in the later era, but given that I spend a little too long obsessing over my turns already, being stuck to 1t/day is probably healthier ...

No issues with a mirror map either.

I feel like mixing up RtR and CtH in my head could be fun. Let's do it
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I just PMed Ramk to ask if converting from simultaneous to sequential is possible.

Bah! I am very tempted to join, but I won't have a good idea of how much time I have until early-mid December so I don't think I should sign up.

contemplate

(November 24th, 2020, 06:39)Old Harry Wrote: I just PMed Ramk to ask if converting from simultaneous to sequential is possible.

It is possible but requires a bit of work. Are we worth it or should we just play simultaneous and agree not to be dicks? (Edit: obviously not being dicks doesn't resolve the asymmetry with turn order affecting production and promotions in wartime, so I'd say we're worth it, but thought I'd check with you guys to see if that's just me.)

And it'd be a shame not to have you Rusten frown

(November 24th, 2020, 15:08)Old Harry Wrote:
(November 24th, 2020, 06:39)Old Harry Wrote: I just PMed Ramk to ask if converting from simultaneous to sequential is possible.

It is possible but requires a bit of work. Are we worth it or should we just play simultaneous and agree not to be dicks? (Edit: obviously not being dicks doesn't resolve the asymmetry with turn order affecting production and promotions in wartime, so I'd say we're worth it, but thought I'd check with you guys to see if that's just me.)

I'm sorry to say this, but you are to slow. neenerneener

Ramk already implemented it and send me the code for our mods. I will put it into the mods in the next days. It seems the same change was needed for PB88, which is an added bonus for us, because if any problems occur, they will happen there first. smile
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

multidance