I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

PB57 Organizing Thread

(November 24th, 2020, 18:00)Charriu Wrote:
(November 24th, 2020, 15:08)Old Harry Wrote:
(November 24th, 2020, 06:39)Old Harry Wrote: I just PMed Ramk to ask if converting from simultaneous to sequential is possible.

It is possible but requires a bit of work. Are we worth it or should we just play simultaneous and agree not to be dicks? (Edit: obviously not being dicks doesn't resolve the asymmetry with turn order affecting production and promotions in wartime, so I'd say we're worth it, but thought I'd check with you guys to see if that's just me.)

I'm sorry to say this, but you are to slow. neenerneener

Ramk already implemented it and send me the code for our mods. I will put it into the mods in the next days. It seems the same change was needed for PB88, which is an added bonus for us, because if any problems occur, they will happen there first. smile

I am happy to hear that someone else has the same idea and thinks it's worthwhile.

How does advanced start work, as it seems that is the option you are going for?

(November 24th, 2020, 23:45)Serdoa Wrote: How does advanced start work, as it seems that is the option you are going for?

id figure it would work like:

https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/foru...hp?fid=333 Pitboss 53. Everyone gets the "advanced start vision" and then plans their start.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

aww, Serdoa you deleted your post saying you would play frown
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(November 25th, 2020, 00:01)superdeath Wrote:
(November 24th, 2020, 23:45)Serdoa Wrote: How does advanced start work, as it seems that is the option you are going for?

id figure it would work like:

https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/foru...hp?fid=333 Pitboss 53. Everyone gets the "advanced start vision" and then plans their start.

Important clarification. It was mentioned in PB53 that you receive missionaries for religions that were founded by others. This is a bug and will be fixed in the final version for this PB.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(November 25th, 2020, 01:15)superdeath Wrote: aww, Serdoa you deleted your post saying you would play frown

Yeah. I thought better about it (well, Noble did, he is the brain I outsource the not as important tasks to). I don't think I'd be comfortable to play CtH and RtR at the same time. I would like to play a new game and I do not mind advanced start, but mixing different mods is probably not the smart idea. I'll instead watch how pindi is handling that lol

I'm joining OH here. As is evident from other games I'm "participating" I definitely don't have time right now but hope it gets better after holidays (while in reality I will be even more swamped and my reputation as a dedlurker will continue sinking frown )
Completed: pb38, pb40, pb41, pb42, pb46 and pb49
Playing: pbem78

(November 24th, 2020, 18:00)Charriu Wrote:
(November 24th, 2020, 15:08)Old Harry Wrote:
(November 24th, 2020, 06:39)Old Harry Wrote: I just PMed Ramk to ask if converting from simultaneous to sequential is possible.

It is possible but requires a bit of work. Are we worth it or should we just play simultaneous and agree not to be dicks? (Edit: obviously not being dicks doesn't resolve the asymmetry with turn order affecting production and promotions in wartime, so I'd say we're worth it, but thought I'd check with you guys to see if that's just me.)

I'm sorry to say this, but you are to slow. neenerneener

Ramk already implemented it and send me the code for our mods. I will put it into the mods in the next days. It seems the same change was needed for PB88, which is an added bonus for us, because if any problems occur, they will happen there first. smile

Is the swap from simultaneous to sequential made mid-turn? What is the turn order for sequential, player order in the save? What happens if someone has already ended turn? Does their production and tech process immediately? Does their production and tech process whenever the everyone before them in turn order has played?

1. Dunno, but it'd be best to do it at turn roll, either the turn that someone declares or the turn after
2. I think so, so we should figure out playing windows and roll for first in turn oeder
3-5. Dunno

Perhaps Charriu is the better person to answer...

Is the swap from simultaneous to sequential made mid-turn? What is the turn order for sequential, player order in the save? What happens if someone has already ended turn? Does their production and tech process immediately? Does their production and tech process whenever the everyone before them in turn order has played?

1. As I understood Ramk he manually triggers the swap to and from simultaneous. My guess is to do it at the beginning of the turn. This may force some players into a double turn. We should establish a system when best to do it.
2. Turn order is by the player IDs you also see in PBSpy. And yes you would need to establish that order before the game starts.
3.-5. Honestly I don't know. That's why I propose to do it at the beginning of the turn before anybody else played. Ramk may be able to answer these better. Also keep in mind that this feature will be used by the civforum PB as I understood it. This may serve as a best practice and Ramk or Lord of the Civ may be able to give some best practice for this.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee