Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

PB57 Organizing Thread

Harry has asked me to make the map. I have a map concept that I hope will work, but I am not entirely sure until I have tried it and made most of it. I can say that the players will start on the same landmass but I cannot guarantee that it will be what you might think of as a Pangaea in the traditional sense.

I reserve the right to hit the eject button if my map concept turns out to not work based upon the restrictions. Also, the map will have to be toroidal.

Cheers Noble smile If you want someone to bounce ideas off, I'm available. I did have an idea for a map, but it was for 6 players and two continents, so didn't fit either way.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I think now would be a good time for you to get a subforum
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(December 1st, 2020, 14:48)NobleHelium Wrote: Harry has asked me to make the map.  I have a map concept that I hope will work, but I am not entirely sure until I have tried it and made most of it.  I can say that the players will start on the same landmass but I cannot guarantee that it will be what you might think of as a Pangaea in the traditional sense.

I reserve the right to hit the eject button if my map concept turns out to not work based upon the restrictions.  Also, the map will have to be toroidal.

Thanks! And to confirm, with Rusten dropping out we are down to 5 players. And with only 5 players I'm even more flexible to go with standard 100-120 tiles/player map size if that makes your life easier.

Still need time windows for Gavagai and TBS

My window is probably 1700-2300 GMT. I'm pretty flexible about playing before that these days, not so flexible after that when I'll be asleep.

Quote:Settings/rules to vote on:
advanced start ancient era / normal ancient era
- City gifting: banned / unrestricted / restricted to 1 city per peace treaty
- Unit gifting: allowed / banned by game setting (i'm okay with an occasional unit gift here or there, but if people are legit worried about players mass-gifting armies/settlers then we might as well just ban it)
- Map trading: allowed (at writing in RtR) / banned by game setting
- Barbarians: on / off
- Cylindrical / Toroidal (no strong opinion either way)
- Map: mirror / non-mirror (imo this goes hand in hand with map trading. If it's a mirrored map then what's the point of banning map trading?)
- Map size # land tiles/player: tiny 60-80 / small 80-100 / standard 100-120

Thanks for the map Noble!

Thanks Noble!

Noble, in case you want somebody to double check the map and/or run novice's script to help with balancing, I can lend a hand.

Since this game does not have my tracking tool I am not forced to stay global. I will instead contribute to the spam that is Old Harry's thread aka dedlurking him.

Should any technical problems occur I can still go global.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I need information on how to set up the map / game with Advanced Start. I checked the 53 thread but it is all over the place and I do not have a concise idea.

Best ask Ramk directly via PM

EDIT: You or he could drop their explanation in my Mapmaking thread (link in signature). That way we can find it again in other games.

Buy me a coffee